A little disagreement among Rams fans

Greg S

1 minute ago, Bobby Hooks said:

I’ve been to many, many games and never experienced this for myself and it’s always been a great experience. Not sure where people come up with stuff like your post. 

You see a random video of some drunkards and now people “rarely” have a good experience? That’s silly. 

Agreed. I rarely see any fights in the stands whether attending games in Buffalo, or traveling elsewhere. This definitely isnt the norm.

People see 1 video on social media and assume it represents the millions of fans who attend games each week without incident.

Just now, That's No Moon said:

Because they aren't fighting about football.

What a waste of money. Almost as dumb as buying a ticket and then getting so blackout drunk at the pregame tailgate, they dont even make it into the stadium.

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

I’ve been to many, many games and never experienced this for myself and it’s always been a great experience. Not sure where people come up with stuff like your post. 

You see a random video of some drunkards and now people “rarely” have a good experience? That’s silly. 

I also have been to many, many games and really only got pissed off with drunks once but I've SEEN tons of this stuff. Absolute tons.  The end zones, particularly the scoreboard endzone, are not for the faint of heart IMO.

I’m a bigger guy, bigger than most anyways, but I like to carry the mentality of a mouse. I try to deescalate these kinds of situations when I can. It doesn’t matter if you’re 5’5 or if you’re 6’7, I’m going to try and handle every situation peacefully. If you lay hands on me or my family or an innocent person, the tiger will come out of it’s cage though.

• Like (+1) 3

27 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

The sad reality is that attending an NFL game in person is rarely a great experience (yes even in Buffalo) because of drunken idiots and knuckleheads like this.

What's more sad is this was a meaningless preseason game with fans of the same team fighting each other.

I don't get to many games, but apart from the first game I ever went to, my experiences have generally been good.  I am a non-drinker.  While some fans nearby had beers, I've not seen many get really drunk.  I haven't seen any out of control behavior.  The first game I went to, I saw enough of that too last me a long time.

4 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

I also have been to many, many games and really only got pissed off with drunks once but I've SEEN tons of this stuff. Absolute tons.  The end zones, particularly the scoreboard endzone, are not for the faint of heart IMO.

Never been in the endzones. Maybe that’s why, I need to be able to see the entire field. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Never been in the endzones. Maybe that’s why, I need to be able to see the entire field. 

I've been there twice. One was fine, the other was not.  The sides of the upper deck get interesting as well. The lower the concentration of long term season ticket holders the higher the likelihood of nonsense.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, zevo said:

absolutely disgusting on all levels...this is why I prefer the comfort of my home when watching the games.

you can't let stuff like this stop you from doing anything.  people are idiots.  just learn to enjoy the entertainment.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Yup. Had seasons and never witnessed this. Seat selection is of critical importance…there are areas that do not allow alcohol. Also, club areas are a blast and I have never seen anything like this there.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

Yup. Had seasons and never witnessed this. Seat selection is of critical importance…there are areas that do not allow alcohol. Also, club areas are a blast and I have never seen anything like this there.  

Well yeah if you are sitting in family zones or clubs you are not going to see fights. 

When I was a kid I would see a fight every single time I went to a bills game. 

It's been much better in recent years but still no shortage of idiots around. 

46 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I'm always confused why fans of the same team would fight in their home stadium.

The same reason why there are civil wars in countries, I guess.  There are always some people who focus on the differences between us instead of the things we have in common.

Edited by CuseBill
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, teef said:

you can't let stuff like this stop you from doing anything.  people are idiots.  just learn to enjoy the entertainment.

I hear what he's saying though. You're there to enjoy the game and people really can spoil it for you. At some point, if you have enough bad experiences it stops being worth it for the entertainment. Bills games I will still do, but I will never go to a festival seating show again. As much of amateur hour a Bills game is, festival shows are 10x worse and after getting peed on and having someone try to drunkenly fight me for walking between his blankets in consecutive shows I decided I had enough.

If people were over the top obnoxious in my immediate area a couple times I might think about avoiding the stadium and watching on TV. Such as it is the jackassery has been at a distance that I can observe and not be stuck in the middle of for the most part so it hasn't been too bad. I've brought my kids to games when they were young and didn't really think twice about it.  

I don't get the people commenting that they've never seen it or rarely see it though.  A quick tour of the internet shows you how frequent it is, or at least was.  According to the team they'd average 30 arrests and 140 ejections a game, the last season with fans in the stands it was down to 2 arrests and 42 ejections a game. Of course, last season the first game with fans in the stands was the Indianapolis game and there was a fight at that, even with the few number of people in the building.  People seem to have lost some common sense over the last year or so so I will be very interested to see if the major unruly behavior ticks back up this year or if the team will be good enough that people won't want to get ejected badly enough that they will behave.  Week 1 is a good test.  It will be good weather so tailgating will be in full swing and there will be plenty of opposing fans with big mouths in the stands.  Get through that with only 2 arrests and I might believe that the tide has turned.

https://www.wkbw.com/news/local-news/arrests-and-ejections-hit-all-time-low-at-buffalo-bills-games

They all should get banned (including the lady who threw the drink and started the fight).

It’s pathetic I have to be mindful of BS like that when I want to take family to a game. EJs rookie year myself, dad, aunt and bro went to the Bills/Pats game. A huge fight broke out right next to us an my aunt who was in her late 50’s at that time got knocked over by the guys who were brawling. My dad had a herniated disc at the time, so as I was trying to help my aunt I also had to make sure none of those d-bags got knocked into my dad.

I’m still erked about it, and I couldn’t care less if alcohol was banned from the stadium entirely. 

Edited by TheyCallMeAndy

1 minute ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

They all should get banned (including the lady who threw the drink and started the fight).

It’s pathetic I have to be mindful of BS like that when I want to take family to a game. EJs rookie year myself, dad, aunt and bro went to the Bills/Pats game. A huge fight broke out right next to us an my aunt who was in her late 50’s at that time got knocked over by the guys who were brawling. My dad had a herniated disc at the time also I was easy trying to help my aunt and keep one of those d-bags from getting knocked into my dad.

I’m still erked about it, and I couldn’t care less if alcohol was banned from the stadium entirely. 

They probably will, but that doesn't really stop you from getting into the stadium.  It just means you'll get charged with trespassing if they have to have security involved with you again.