Chiefs = Paper Tigers

Dr. K

Just now, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

BUF +4.5.  Point Spread on SNF 

Honestly I wouldn't trust anything with the Chiefs, it sounds like they played the Eagles pretty typically, like it doesn't matter until "Oh ***** better score real quick." I don't think they'd get away with that with us, but I also doubt they play us like that. They'll be turned up in our game so it's tougher to see how it'll go. We can definitely win though.

• Like (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Honestly I wouldn't trust anything with the Chiefs, it sounds like they played the Eagles pretty typically, like it doesn't matter until "Oh ***** better score real quick." I don't think they'd get away with that with us, but I also doubt they play us like that. They'll be turned up in our game so it's tougher to see how it'll go. We can definitely win though.

it’s better that they won. 

they’d be very desperate otherwise 

I think this is the last  hurdle Mcd and the team need to get over in the AFC. Other teams are stepping up to Kc and playing them close to the vest and in two instances beat them. No reason we shouldn’t be in the mix. 

It’s going to take a huge effort from all three phases and most importantly I really think Josh needs to be dialed in and great this week. 

Edited by loveorhatembillsfan4life

4 hours ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

I think this is the last  hurdle Mcd and the team need to get over in the AFC. Other teams are stepping up to Kc and playing them close to the vest and in two instances beat them. No reason we shouldn’t be in the mix. 

It’s going to take a huge effort from all three phases and most importantly I really think Josh needs to be dialed in and great this week. 

Bills will need to put up 28+ points at a minimum. Both games against KC last year the offense ***** the bed. Got to force them to win a shootout. 

KC is very good and play hard enough to beat their opponents.  Bills will have to play mistake free ball against them.  No FGs, only TDs.    Defense will have its hands full with Mahomes and the KC attack.  Great test for the Bills.

11 hours ago, Warcodered said:

They were probably dialed in vs the Raiders and chargers and that didn’t  work out too well. 

9 hours ago, Locomark said:

Our defense hasn’t shown any ability to stop KC in the past. Let’s see this week. This is a last possession game and might be decided by the best coaching decisions. 

You can't stop KC. They are too good. You can limit them. We did a decent job of that for the most part in week 6 last year, less so in the playoff game. To have a chance to win next week our O has to play better than both matchups next year or else it won't matter what the defense does. You are not keeping the Chiefs below 25. The most we scored in two meetings last year was 25. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2021 at 9:03 AM, JaCrispy said:

You still have to play a perfect game to beat them...

That’s true, but I think KC’s concern should be other teams figuring out how to play that perfect game. Everything has a formula in this world, and although the Chiefs are a strong team, the book on how to beat them has been written. You still need the right personnel and good coaching to do so, we certainly have all of that. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Can't remember who said it, maybe someone on NFLN...but the idea is the Chiefs (or Cheaps as referenced by the late, great RL) just had other teams catch up to them.  Allen's emergence in Buffalo and their team building, the Chargers with Herbert and similar team improvement, Baltimore with Lamar Jackson et al., even Tennessee. 

Kansas City is still a solid team, but they've plateaued, and as a graphic I saw on Twitter today noted, Josh has matched Mahomes over their last 21 starts.  Both are 17-4, both have passer ratings above 106.0, are completing about 2/3rds of their passes and have practically the same TD-INT ratio. 

The AFC has changed considerably with the rise of those QBs, demise of Roethlisberger and Brady's departure to the NFC. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.