Call your shot: How is DE battle resolved? (update - after preseason games)

Call your shot: How is DE battle resolved?  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the odd man out?

• Jerry Hughes
    • Mario Addison
    • Efe Obada
    • A.J. Epenesa
    • Greg Rousseau
    • Boogie Basham
    • Darryl Johnson
    • Nobody, we keep 7 DEs.

12 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

You called it an "addiction" in a derogatory sense.

They should keep Johnson because he's a core guy on ST. They already lost a core guy, the core guy.

Your sense of humor needs a tune up, You need a better quality sarcasm pick up installed ASAP…, 😁

55 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

Boogie to IR

Yes, the old Vosean Joseph maneuver! I think that was his name, anyway.

That actually sounds like a likely scenario if they don't think Boogie's ready. Charles, I think you might have called it!

Edited by skibum
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Not necessarily true on the DLine with how much they rotate...even the last player on the DLine is probably getting about 20% of the snaps.

I would assume it is far less than 20% for the last guy on the depth chart, but I'd have to look it up.

4 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

Each day I wonder more how this gets resolved.

Jerry was our best DE last year and he is a valuable vet presence.

They seem to like Addison, he is a vet and he took a paycut to stay. I can still hardly imagine Beane cutting him.

AJ is in his second year and seems to be doing good - I almost excluded him from the poll.

Obada seems to be doing great and has already proven something.

Groot is 1st round pick and looked great so far. He shouldn't even be in the poll.

Johnson receives great praise from the coaches all the time, like today from Frasier, and he is a core special teamer, which they value a lot.

Basham seems to be clearly the weakest of the bunch right now, but he is a 2nd round pick and it will be extremely risky/impossible to try to sneak him into PS.

I seriously doubt we will keep 7 DEs.

So what is your solution?

I don't see any. I prefer trading Addison but I doubt Beane can do it. So I go with trading Obada, even though I'd hate it.

Kick Basham in the shin reall hard and put him in pup  lol

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

This has been my thought since the draft. If Beane could get a pick in the top 120 back for Hughes, I think Jerry is a goner. 

Jerry might still be our best pass rusher 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Putin said:

Jerry might still be our best pass rusher 

and you don't do Jerry that way.

This is his last year most likely with all the Competition coming from behind him. Let him play, let him teach.

and gosh darnit !  let him enjoy his new SB ring that is already in the Mail

Go Bills

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, skibum said:

That actually sounds like a likely scenario if they don't think Boogie's ready. Charles, I think you might have called it!

This would be a terrible move-is your thinking to stash him there all season? Would be a horrible use of a second round pick in his first year. They didn’t pick him in the second to stash him on the PS (would never make it through waivers anyway) or the IR 

The likelihood is an injury or two will solve this problem.

Otherwise, the team needs some reliable veteran depth at tackle and corner. The D-line is an obvious place to find a player to trade. It might be then a matter of negotiation between teams.

Edited by Jeff1954

59 minutes ago, skibum said:

thanks skibum, the thread was fairly long and I was shocked after double checking that no else had called it. 

12 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I really hope that’s not the case. Jerry has been average as a pass rusher.

Same here  I’m hoping Rousseau , AJ , Obada and Boogie will ball out , 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

I’m talking about one guy, again not wholesale gutting of our special teams…  but anyway, it will be entertaining to watch the final 53 plus PS happen, 

Go Bills!!!

I was talking about one guy, I was not talking about gutting our special teams…, some of y’all are not grasping this…, 

What's your opinion on "Gutting" the Special teams anyway?? JK---> I'm with you

• Haha (+1) 1

I think even keeping 6 is pushing it. There's no way they're keeping 7. I've never seen them team keep more than 5 and most of my life it's only been 4. I think it's very likely we only keep Hughes, Adisson, Rougeau, Epenesa, and Basham.

I know everyone fell in love with the story, size and potential of Obada. But I could easily see a scenario where he was signed as a cover your @$$ by Beane in the event that the Draft didn't fall right for us at DE. Then not only did it fall right for us, but he was able to land not one, but two of his top guys. 

Edited by BillsFanForever19

8 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Yeah, my bad. You're super funny.

Thanks, I always thought so…, 

(sarcasm) 👍

• Haha (+1) 1