Chris Trapasso CBS Sports Article - 3 Bold Predictions for Bills in 2021

freddyjj

1 hour ago, H2o said:

If our defense is a top 5 unit this season like it was prior to last year, and we have last year's offense to go with it this year, then get ready ladies and gents because the Lombardi is finally coming home where it belongs. :thumbsup:

I feel like the people who are downplaying Buffalo's defense are in for a bit of a surprise. I've seen a lot of people put it in the average to mediocre pile.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, H2o said:

If our defense is a top 5 unit this season like it was prior to last year, and we have last year's offense to go with it this year, then get ready ladies and gents because the Lombardi is finally coming home where it belongs. :thumbsup:

I don't know, could our defense slow down an offense like the chefs, in 2018 or 2019?

KC is our monster, and we are going to need a pretty big stick in order to slay it?

I'd say that defense from 2018 & 2019, our offense from last year plus a better pass rush. I do like Our kickers bringing up special teams for that special advantage......

Go Bills!

It comes down to the Pass Rush.....will  Ed Oliver,  Epenesa, Rosseau and Basham deliver ??    These are our 1st and 2nd round picks in 3 consecutive years....there is high expectations on them...especially Oliver and Epenesa.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, MJS said:

I actually kind of hope we lose to KC again in the regular season. Keep them complacent so that we can take them by surprise in the playoffs.

Obviously, a win in the regular season against them would be huge, though.

I hope we humiliate them in the regular season and they lose in their first post season game before even facing us👿

9 hours ago, MJS said:

I actually kind of hope we lose to KC again in the regular season. Keep them complacent so that we can take them by surprise in the playoffs.

Obviously, a win in the regular season against them would be huge, though.

Ehhh I dunno. That would likely lead to KC getting the #1 seed and home field. They weren't complacent last time so I don't see them changing that.

9 hours ago, MWK said:

Hope this happens. Trapasso is a major homer though, he routinely ranks UB players way too high on his draft lists. He’s had a lot of the ones that go undrafted in his top 100, like that receiver a couple years ago.

FYI, there’s a boatload of UB alum in the League these days.

10 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Ehh.  Chris Trappasso, Buffalo Rumblings editor-in-chief. Western New York native.  Sorry not much more valid than 99% of the extreme homerism you have at BBMB.

This article, imo, has damn near nothing to do with homerisms. His technique for prediction is based on increased QB pressures in one season, followed by increased sacks the following year. The QBs we’ll face this year (including rookie signal callers) and 1st year HC’s certainly provide an advantage over the teams most likely vying for the Conference top spot. KC’s schedule is Daunting!

Where you may save a little face, (Damn little!) is in McDermott's defensive history being repeated.. but not really. For reasons unknown, Sean is rarely spoken of as a Defensive guru, as ‘Process’ has become the double-edged sword he’s most known for. But his long history speaks for itself in finding answers quickly to resolve Defensive issues. Look no further than AJ Klein last season. This place was ready to tar, feather and hang him through the 1st half of last season. Suddenly, he had a huge breakout game vs Seattle, winning AFCDPOW and finishing the season on a par with his 1st team All-Pro seasons with Carolina. Why? Because Sean. That’s why.

Trappasso’s article is thorough and insightful in detailing not just what is anticipated in Buffalo -and why, but also the challenges ahead for our top competition.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

FYI, there’s a boatload of UB alum in the League these days.

How many of them actually are established and will make their teams? Mack, Means, Koonce, and who else? The “boatload” of alums is mostly practice squad guys. Maybe Tyree Jackson makes the Eagles. Trapasso is a major UB homer. How has Anthony Johnson, his 61st ranked player in 2019, done in the league? UB is a decent MAC school, let’s not act like they are a powerhouse because they have players on preseason rosters.

• Haha (+1) 1

To be honest none of these are exactly 'bold' predictions based on where this team was last year and current expectations.

If anything I think finishing with the #1 seed might not be possible because I still think KC has the inside track for that until proven otherwise. But the other two kind of go hand in hand because a better defense will go a long way for the Bills to win the AFC championship and SB instead of falling short like last year.

On 8/16/2021 at 1:34 PM, RoyBatty is alive said:

Ehh.  Chris Trappasso, Buffalo Rumblings editor-in-chief. Western New York native.  Sorry not much more valid than 99% of the extreme homerism you have at BBMB.

You say it like it's a bad thing.

3 hours ago, MWK said:

How many of them actually are established and will make their teams? Mack, Means, Koonce, and who else? The “boatload” of alums is mostly practice squad guys. Maybe Tyree Jackson makes the Eagles. Trapasso is a major UB homer. How has Anthony Johnson, his 61st ranked player in 2019, done in the league? UB is a decent MAC school, let’s not act like they are a powerhouse because they have players on preseason rosters.

Sorry UB isn't Alabama. The fact they have 13 players in any capacity on NFL rosters speaks volumes about the steady growth they've had since rejoining D1 in the 90's. 10 years ago you were lucky if one player was invited as a UDFA. Forgive us locals for showing some pride in that.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 8/16/2021 at 1:34 PM, RoyBatty is alive said:

Yep but I don’t think he works for BR anymore.  Isn’t Matt Warren the editor?