Cole Beasley, Tre make NFL Top 100 back to back

I agree with everybody that Tre is too low and Beasley is too high. The constant bummer to me is the disrespect Poyer gets. There is a strong argument to be made he was the best player on our defense last year. I don't see him getting top 40 so unfortunately I would guess he misses this list all together this year. At the very least I would have been thrilled to see him swapped for Beasley at 96. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Mango said:

I agree with everybody that Tre is too low and Beasley is too high. The constant bummer to me is the disrespect Poyer gets. There is a strong argument to be made he was the best player on our defense last year. I don't see him getting top 40 so unfortunately I would guess he misses this list all together this year. At the very least I would have been thrilled to see him swapped for Beasley at 96. 

Yea after the 3 obvious ones Dawkins and Poyer are the two Bills I'd consider. Both before Beas.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mango said:

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea after the 3 obvious ones Dawkins and Poyer are the two Bills I'd consider. Both before Beas.

Saw this last week on NFL.com. Finally somebody tosses a bit of respect on Poyers name. Deangelo Hall goes over his top ten safeties.....

https://www.nfl.com/news/top-10-safeties-heading-into-2021-nfl-season

Rank

Jordan Poyer

Buffalo Bills · FS

Slightly more athletic than his counterpart Micah Hyde, Poyer's stats may not jump off the screen like his play on tape. But I have to praise him for playing the safety position in Sean McDermott's complex defense. McDermott asks a lot of his safeties in a number of combo coverages. Poyer excels in coverage and as a blitzer, and he's a sure tackler at the point of attack. He's often one of the first guys around the ball, and I don't expect to see anything different in his age-30 season.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

22 hours ago, Beast said:

Interesting.

If the last guy they left off with is Beasley at 96, I'd figure Edmunds and Hyde would be in the top 100.

When Tre came in at 95, I don't see that happening.

Just a 13-3 team with 4 guys in the top 100, none of them top 10. That makes sense.

19 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

Just a 13-3 team with 4 guys in the top 100, none of them top 10. That makes sense.

I don't think it is as crazy as it sounds - though Allen and Diggs should both be minimum top 20 and White is definitely too low. The Bills are so good because they have above average starters at almost every spot and stars at 3 spots. Positions where the Bills had below average starters in 2020 basically boils down to tight end, 1 tech and arguably guard opposite Feliciano although I'd argue Ike once he got in did play at about a league average level. I repeat what I said above.... there are only three Bills I'd definitely say belong top 100, a couple more who I'd have right on the brink. I think there probably are legitimately half a dozen teams who have a legit claim to more top 100 players than the Bills but there might not be more than 1 or 2 who could claim more top 200 players. The Bills have lots of those proven starters I'd class as "very good, not elite" the likes of Williams, Morse, Dawkins, Poyer, Hyde, Edmunds, Beasley, Milano, Hughes.... 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I agree that White shouldn't be 95 on this list, but realistically not sure how much higher you can put him based last year (i.e. what have you done for me lately).

One thing that is lost in the great season we had last year was that White wasn't anywhere close elite in most cases. Certainly he had some minor injuries and the lack of pass rush will make even the best secondary look mediorce at times. But a lot of eyes will be watching to White this season in hopes that he looks closer to the player we saw prior to 2020 because if not the big contract extension will look questionable.

• Dislike 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't think it is as crazy as it sounds - though Allen and Diggs should both be minimum top 20 and White is definitely too low. The Bills are so good because they have above average starters at almost every spot and stars at 3 spots. Positions where the Bills had below average starters in 2020 basically boils down to tight end, 1 tech and arguably guard opposite Feliciano although I'd argue Ike once he got in did play at about a league average level. I repeat what I said above.... there are only three Bills I'd definitely say belong top 100, a couple more who I'd have right on the brink. I think there probably are legitimately half a dozen teams who have a legit claim to more top 100 players than the Bills but there might not be more than 1 or 2 who could claim more top 200 players. The Bills have lots of those proven starters I'd class as "very good, not elite" the likes of Williams, Morse, Dawkins, Poyer, Hyde, Edmunds, Beasley, Milano, Hughes.... 

Imo Poyer, Beasley, White, Diggs and Allen belong. Poyer is one of the most underrated players in the entire league.

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

Imo Poyer, Beasley, White, Diggs and Allen belong. Poyer is one of the most underrated players in the entire league.

I agree Poyer is one of the most underrated players in the league. I have long banged that drum. I think there is significantly more of a case for Poyer as one of the best 100 players in the league than for Beas. The best 5 players on the team are Allen, White and Diggs in some order then Dawkins and Poyer.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

I agree that White shouldn't be 95 on this list, but realistically not sure how much higher you can put him based last year (i.e. what have you done for me lately).

One thing that is lost in the great season we had last year was that White wasn't anywhere close elite in most cases. Certainly he had some minor injuries and the lack of pass rush will make even the best secondary look mediorce at times. But a lot of eyes will be watching to White this season in hopes that he looks closer to the player we saw prior to 2020 because if not the big contract extension will look questionable.

Doesn't apply though, JJ Watt and Christian McCaffrey were on the list and they didn't play 

On 8/16/2021 at 2:19 PM, FilthyBeast said:

I'm not sure where this narrative came from, but White was absolutely elite in 2020. He had literally a handful of plays all season where he got beat. All season.

By and large, he was not targeted by opposing QB's. He was great.

4 minutes ago, MJS said:

I'm not sure where this narrative came from, but White was absolutely elite in 2020. He had literally a handful of plays all season where he got beat. All season.

By and large, he was not targeted by opposing QB's. He was great.

Tre doesn’t make a ton of splashy plays - that hurts his rep a bit.  He’s more of a Revis type shut down corner.

I didn’t think he was as good in 2020 as he was in 2019, but our entire defense also played below their ability as a whole.    

Edited by SCBills

7 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Tre doesn’t make a ton of splashy plays - that hurts his rep a bit.  He’s more of a Revis type shut down corner.

I didn’t think he was as good in 2020 as he was in 2019, but our entire defense also played below their ability as a whole.    

Guys a ghost and that's absolutely a good thing.