Dion Dawkins “not close to where he needs to be to help us”

YoloinOhio

5 hours ago, DCofNC said:

This was my point, I’m FAR from an athlete of their level and I struggled to just get back to “normal”.  Covid is real, regardless of your views about it, ideas on the vax etc.  , it is miserable crap.  I couldn’t believe it took some of these athletes so long to return to action, then I got it and yeah, I get it now.  It’s not as simple as the flu, it can linger for what seems like forever.

My wife can attest to this as well.  She got hit with it in October 2020 and she still isn’t 100%.  She works out most days and is in generally good shape and health, but it’s still been a rough road back for her with exhaustion.  She still has issues with smelling too. 

1 minute ago, BarleyNY said:

My wife can attest to this as well.  She got hit with it in October 2020 and she still isn’t 100%.  She works out most days and is in generally good shape and health, but it’s still been a rough road back for her with exhaustion.  She still has issues with smelling too. 

Out of respect for your wife's Covid struggle, I'll refrain from making any wise a$$ remarks.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, DCofNC said:

Yeah, but it sounds like Dion is suffering pretty hard from it too, which is probably the “hitting those that it needs to hit” that he’s speaking of.   I feel for him, it’s not fun. In context to the team, it may not be life threatening for 99.999999% of NFL athletes, but it sure can jack up your season.  If anybody is on the fence about the vax, I’m sure Dion’s condition will be used an example to push them to get it.  NFL careers are short, flirting with fire is probably not worth it.  Guys will have weigh the options and decide what is right for them.   I just hope everyone stays healthy and is able to perform at their best, for themselves and the team’s sake.

Did <McDermott actually say that?  As if he is happy it hit him?   I thought McDermott was smarter than to say something like that.  

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Did <McDermott actually say that?  As if he is happy it hit him?   I thought McDermott was smarter than to say something like that.  

It sounded more like he was saying he hoped what happened to Dawkins resonated with who it needed to resonate.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

My son sadly is a anti vaxer....or at least he was

In great athletic shape.....was training for a power lifting meet in Las Vegas got hit with the Covid 2 weeks ago and had to pull out of the competition because he got VERY sick

I felt bad for him but I have been trying to tell him for months to get vaxed.....now he wishes he had

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

12 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

It sounded more like he was saying he hoped what happened to Dawkins resonated with who it needed to resonate.

Yes, I think he saying hopefully it resonates with players as to what happenedYes, I think he saying hopefully it resonates with players as to what happened

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

In great athletic shape.....was training for a power lifting meet in Las Vegas got hit with the Covid 2 weeks ago and had to pull out of the competition because he got VERY sick

I felt bad for him but I have been trying to tell him for months to get vaxed.....now he wishes he had

There are lots of very vocal anti-vaxers who died for their mistake.

I hope he gets well.  My sister is dealing with post-virus side effects for months.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

My mom is against the vaccine and is in her mid 60’s been begging her to take the vaccine and she refuses to and has given me no reason. Very frustrating.

Just now, billsfan89 said:

A bit worried about Dawkins but there is still weeks before the opener, hopefully Brown or Ford can step in and get some reps in preseason at LT. 

Likely Ford will take RT and Williams left.  Bills may have same situation they had last year with unable to keep same OL.

33 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Yes, I think he saying hopefully it resonates with players as to what happenedYes, I think he saying hopefully it resonates with players as to what happened

WEll that makes more sense but demonstrates how careful you have to be in using words.  So  when he said "“hitting those that it needs to hit” the operative word is "it", not he hopes it (meaning the message NOT covid) hits those need to hit to be hit.

Just now, RoyBatty is alive said:

WEll that makes more sense but demonstrates how careful you have to be in using words.  So  when he said "“hitting those that it needs to hit” the operative word is "it", not he hopes it (meaning the message NOT covid) hits those need to hit to be hit.

He never said that in the first place so everyone can relax about his wording. It was just paraphrasing by DCofNC.

The quote was posted on the previous page of this thread.

“He’s not close to where he needs to be to play and help us,” McDermott said, via Jay Skurski of the Buffalo News. “He’s got a long road here. He’s going to control what he can control, and so are we. He’s got to continue to work hard to get himself back to where he’s — I mean, this is what, going on week four of training camp at this point? So, he’s missed a lot of time.”

McDermott noted that there are “teachable moments as far as COVID goes” and that he hopes the situation “resonates with the people it needs to resonate with” as the Bills head toward the regular season.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

50 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

44 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

There are lots of very vocal anti-vaxers who died for their mistake.

I hope he gets well.  My sister is dealing with post-virus side effects for months.

43 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

My mom is against the vaccine and is in her mid 60’s been begging her to take the vaccine and she refuses to and has given me no reason. Very frustrating.

What do any of these posts have to do with the Bills? Not really the place to be role playing as a vaccine salesperson.

Edited by Boxcar
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

What do any of these posts have to do with the Bills? Not really the place to be role playing as a vaccine salesperson.

Then just report them and move on instead of crying in the thread and making it even worse.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1