Around the League Preseason Games Thread

LeGOATski

Seems like all the AFC East QBs have played pretty well. Trubisky, Wilson, and Tua in particular IMO. It'll be interesting to see how the other AFC East QBs fare in the regular season but their fans must be pretty pleased with how they're looking so far.

Watched the SD/SF game on GamePass this morning.  Couldn’t decide if Dan Fouts’ announcing or the offensive performance of both teams was worst.  I’m not buying into all the buzz surrounding Lance for the 49ers.  Read progression was super slow, stared down receivers, and wind up and foot work seemed elongated, not compact.  The slant he threw for the TD was his best throw and if you watch, it was a single read, his back foot was planted forever, and he had a huge wind up to deliver an on-target ball.

Chargers were all over the place.  I kept asking what their offensive identity was. They didn’t do much well.  My two cents.

1 hour ago, AmishRifle said:

Watched the SD/SF game on GamePass this morning.  Couldn’t decide if Dan Fouts’ announcing or the offensive performance of both teams was worst.  I’m not buying into all the buzz surrounding Lance for the 49ers.  Read progression was super slow, stared down receivers, and wind up and foot work seemed elongated, not compact.  The slant he threw for the TD was his best throw and if you watch, it was a single read, his back foot was planted forever, and he had a huge wind up to deliver an on-target ball.

Chargers were all over the place.  I kept asking what their offensive identity was. They didn’t do much well.  My two cents.

You're talking about the TD to Benjamin at the end? That was an excellent rep. Stared down his WR on the left to try to open up the slant and then quickly flipped his eyes, hips, and got the throw out in a hurry and it was a perfect bullet pass. There's nothing to criticize there at all.

Having said that, he's had probably 5 or 6 potential turnovers in two games and that's obviously on pretty limited reps. On the flipside of that though, he's made a lot of nice plays, been killed by drops, and Shanahan hasn't really let him show off his dual-threat abilities yet. I'd be surprised if Jimmy isn't the opening day starter and he might start all year if things go well for them, but I do think there's a reasonable argument to be made that Lance raises your ceiling and Shanahan should maybe just roll with him.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, AmishRifle said:

You didn’t enjoy Fouts and his buddy comparing Easton stick to joe Montana? 🙄

28 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

You didn’t enjoy Fouts and his buddy comparing Easton stick to joe Montana? 🙄

I did not Yolo!  I’d almost rather listen to Maddy Glab and Cynthia Frelund have a discussion about feminine hygiene products.  Almost!

13 hours ago, DCOrange said:

Seems like all the AFC East QBs have played pretty well. Trubisky, Wilson, and Tua in particular IMO. It'll be interesting to see how the other AFC East QBs fare in the regular season but their fans must be pretty pleased with how they're looking so far.

A general summation of the feelings on their forums:

Miami fans think Tua is better than Allen.

Jets fans think Wilson will be a top 10 QB this year. 

Pats fans believe Jones will be better than Brady when their careers are over. 

Pleased is an understatement. 

Edited by jeremy2020
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 8/22/2021 at 2:20 PM, That's No Moon said:

For some reason being in Pennsylvania, 15 miles from the Delaware and Maryland borders, is getting me blacked out of the Giants game today. You know, the heart of Giants territory. 🤦‍♂️

Be happy you’re upwind of Jersey…

7 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Miami fans think Tua is better than Allen.

Miami fans are in for a rude awakening in the regular season when Tua has to throw outside the numbers past the line of scrimmage. Defenses are going to crowd the middle of the field and dare him to beat them outside.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Process said:

Well the QB competition in NO is over. 

Saints gave a gadget player a $140,000,000 contract.

Lmao. 

A fully voidable $140M contract.  His contract for this year is around $12M, and it can all be voided after the year with no consequence.