Miami at Chicago: 1pm NFLN

YoloinOhio

21 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Drew Lock is having himself a day.

Yeah, he looks very comfortable.

I didn't know the play called for the Minnesota Miracle where Diggs beat the Saints was "Buffalo right, 7 heaven"

Foreshadowed the future....

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Reader said:

Tua is interesting, it seems like he will have to succeed in the NFL despite his limitations. Maybe he can be the next Chad Pennington or something.

I thought Mac Jones was going to be the new Chad Pennington?  In any case, the league has progressed a great deal since the days of Chad.  He would not succeed in today’s game either, just like either of these bozos - Tua and Jones.  

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

He looks like ass, how can anyone say they would take him over Tua?? That’s just beyond stupid. And no it’s based off how he played the whole second quarter. He has the arm but his accuracy is definitely an issue also I can tell hes struggling to read the defense and holds onto the ball long. That’s gonna be a problem for him if something happens to Dalton and if he has to step In

I haven’t watched either of them play yet this year, but to say that you would choose one or the other based on fields’ play in the “whole second quarter” of his first nfl preseason game is a bit premature.  

to each their own

Tua's arm strength is below average, his durability is below average....he just doesn't impress me much. 

I bet Brissett will be starting at some point this season either due to ineffectiveness or injury from Tua, IMO.

10 minutes ago, Special K said:

Tua's arm strength is below average, his durability is below average....he just doesn't impress me much. 

I bet Brissett will be starting at some point this season either due to ineffectiveness or injury from Tua, IMO.

I agree !! I think that’s why they went out and got him more speed at the WR in free agency and the draft , he just doesn’t have the velocity to put the ball in the tight  windows , he needs his WR’s to separate and have a 5 or more yards cushion to have success just like at Alabama 

Edited by Putin
  • Like (+1) 1

Just watched the condensed version of that to key in on Tua and Justin Fields. 

My takeaway on Tua was that I don't see a huge difference from last year. I still see a guy who is taking too long to make decisions and only throwing the ball for the most part when he sees a guy wide open. Even on the INT  the Bears just baited him into thinking the receiver was open and the cut across it. I saw Waddle out there on kick return but not sure how many offensive snaps he played and didn't see Fuller at all. My thinking was that speed receivers who can naturally get that separation through speed might help him feel confident letting it go but based on what I saw in that game it remains very much a work in progress - he will have to get the ball out faster and trust receivers who are not "Alabama open" if he wants to take the next step. I think he will look a functional and efficient Quarterback when the Dolphins are ahead in games but when they are behind and he is forced to play catch up I fear for him. 

On Fields it reminded me a bit of the first Josh Allen pre-season performances. There was some erratic accuracy and he was holding the ball too long because he was struggling to read it quickly enough but then there was something there. The arm, the ability to get out and create with his legs just that sense that he can be a playmaker. None of which is to say he is going to have the improvement curve Josh Allen had but there are some impressive raw materials there and it didn't look too big for him. I'd get him on the field as early as possible because Andy Dalton isn't even as good as Andy Dalton used to be. He sucked last year in Dallas and he is going to struggle to move the ball with that Bears O. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3