Bills do it again! Lions fire head trainer immediately after the game

Big Turk

8 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

My buddy is a Lions fan. He thinks they're going 0-18. I said over 3 wins. Winner gets a bottle of their choice.

I don't think they will be that bad...bad but not winless.

3 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Bills have been pretty great at getting people fired after playing but usually it waits til the regular season starts...Thai time it happens after the first preseason game!

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2021/08/13/detroit-lions-fire-head-athletic-trainer-dave-granito/8132927002/

Probably couldn't bench enough to meet Dan's standards. 

15 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

My buddy is a Lions fan. He thinks they're going 0-18. I said over 3 wins. Winner gets a bottle of their choice.

If they start 0-4, you should just give your buddy that bottle during the season to help him through it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

" We are in talks with someone," Campbell said. "I’m not going to give you that name, but we are in talks. And in the mean time, Tom Holt is taking over, assistant trainer, who’s done a really good job. We’ve put some stress on him and he’s answered the bell and been outstanding."

Maybe they are hiring that Olympic wrestler? ;)

Its not like the guy is stupid...he wanted to see if his scrubs could stop the Bills 3rd stringers and for 3 downs they did .....that bomb to Stevenson unraveled them just like the non pick 6 unglued the Bills 3rd stringers.

Yeah, I think I know who they are in talks with...

Robert Kraft might be able to recommend some massage therapists for the team if Campbell doesn't mind Asian women in the locker room.  Certification might be a bit of an issue.  I don't know how much of a stickler Campbell would be about that.

Edited by BigAl2526
  • Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

He thinks the losing streak will extend into next season, then. Yeah, that's pretty bad.

Or perhaps they win the division with 0 wins and then lose in the playoffs one time.

Edited by MJS

Just now, MJS said:

He thinks the losing streak will extend into next season, then. Yeah, that's pretty bad.

Haha...maybe he just thinks they can sneak into the playoffs at 0-17 and lose their wildcard game.

1 hour ago, maddenboy said:

feels like an ethics violation.  Like he lied about something.

maybe he lied about player prep, or warmups, or something that you cant have.

my initial thought yesterday was that maybe they found out he lied about vaccination status, so they couldnt even wait another day.

Someone suggested maybe something with that QB that went out and back in.

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

So where did Campbell come from, what's his deal?  Know people on this board don't seem to like the guy very much.

He was the guy who took over the interim head coach role when Philbin was fired in Miami. 

Played as a TE in the league I believe. He’s basically the personification of the meat head football guy, exaggerated 100x. He’s a real life parody, but at the same time might resonate with some, we’ll see. 

There were definitely people at the time that wanted to have him be the guy. Instead I think they went with Gase. Campbell reminds me a bit of Rex Ryan in terms of style in a way, but back when Rex gave a lot of effort. Not my preference, but I could see it working culture wise with the right group of players. His pressers are sound bite heaven though. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, BigAl2526 said:

Robert Kraft might be able to recommend some massage therapists for the team if Campbell doesn't mind Asian women in the locker room.  Certification might be a bit of an issue.  I don't know how much of a stickler Campbell would be about that.

If they do, I'd advise they don't trade for Watson.  

• Haha (+1) 1

22 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

" We are in talks with someone," Campbell said. "I’m not going to give you that name, but we are in talks."

They're negotiating with that guy Urban Meyers fired. Campbell really likes his style and thinks he would be a good fit with the new regime in Detroit.

• Haha (+1) 1