We need to cut 5 players. Who are they?

This one might make a few people angry, but Jake Fromm.

Apart from the one throw, he looked miserably lost out there. No pocket awareness, missing easy throws against fourth stringers… I’m out on him.

Davis Webb showed a lot more and rendered Fromm an easy cut.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 2

48 minutes ago, MJS said:

Well, there were lots of players I didn't even know existed. I'd start there.

I’m sure everyone of them are 10 times better then Hart 

22 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Bobby Hart

بوبي هارت

בובי הארט

鮑比哈特

Боббі Харт

I can read 3 out of those 5 

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

Apart from the one throw, he looked miserably lost out there. No pocket awareness, missing easy throws against fourth stringers… I’m out on him.

I wouldn’t do it yet because I don’t want Josh to see much preseason action - so I prefer to keep Fromm on the roster and Josh in bubble wrap until after the third game.  Then cut Fromm if you want.

• Like (+1) 3

34 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

Can't imagine people are going to be upset over Fromm getting cut. Seems pretty likely we only carry 2 QBs on the active roster with Webb on the practice squad. 

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Bobby Hart

بوبي هارت

בובי הארט

鮑比哈特

Боббі Харт

48 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Bobby Hart and 4 other guys whose names I won’t recognize.

It’s just Bobby Hart and the others are just Bobby Hart in 4 other languages...

Edited by IronMaidenBills

36 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

It isn't angry making, but many teams  carry 4 QB through training camp, so that they can give the expanded rosters all the reps they need.

TB has 4, KC has 4, WFT has 4 for three examples.  It's not every team, but it's not uncommon either.  So cutting the guy who already knows the system and is making the handoffs and throws might be a "cut nose to spite face" maneuver.

I also think you should give the kid some slack.  It's the first time he's taken the field in an NFL game, the OL in front of him was atrocious, and for all we know he was missing "easy throws" in part because the WR weren't running the routes quite right.  He's basically the rawest of rookies at this point.

10 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Can't imagine people are going to be upset over Fromm getting cut. Seems pretty likely we only carry 2 QBs on the active roster with Webb on the practice squad. 

We still have several weeks of training camp to go, so we're a long way from the active roster.  This is just the first of the small cuts.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Ah...they have to be 5 different players

Nice try but...

But what if it is one player that was 5 times as bad? That counts right? 

like the old George Carlin joke where he says he never banged a 10 but one night he banged 5 2’s

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Beast said:

I know he caught a pass but Lenoir seems to be a sure cut with the depth we have at WR.

OJ Wildgoose Simpson didn’t have a night to write home about.

They did stress how Levi was the only corner outside of Tre who doesn't get dropped off.. even if he was giving up catches he was there. Dane and Wildgoose may be the future but they still need work

1 hour ago, Rigotz said:

Those last two throws to a rb going out of bounds at the line of scrimmage accomplished nothing. We won mainly because of bad clock management by Dan Campbell. Maybe he intentionally left time on the clock to see his defense play against a hurry-up offense in crunch time.