We need to cut 5 players. Who are they?

After the preseason game in Detroit, we need to make some choices.

Please try to be realistic - I'm sure it's popular to name one of the QB or a vet tackle, but there are probably guys lower down the roster who meet the scissors first.

Sal Capaccio's Roster Breakdown

Bills Media Guide for your convenience:

https://bufbills.com/player-bios/bills_media_guide.pdf

Joe Buscaglia and Matt Fairburn Preseason Roster Review

https://theathletic.com/2765876/2021/08/12/observations-on-all-92-buffalo-bills-players-as-they-head-into-the-preseason/

Hart is obvious one. But Tyrell Adams was another player who struggled. Missed an easy tackle in backfield and allowed Lions to gain a big run on 4th down. And with Giles Harris and Andre Smith having great games he could be one of the first to be cut.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I think my cuts would be:

1) OL person - I thought Hart stunk, but he was still playing and there were others below him I did not see.  I thought they might be trying to showcase him for trade bait, but that seemed to backfire.

2) Brandon Powell - Stevenson looked competent and Powell does nothing.

3) Bug Howard - never saw him - want to see more of Morris

4) Mike Love - love the kid, but rather see the young guys play and thought they all played well.

5) Tyrell Adams - missed the biggest tackle of the game on a perfect call - thought the other LBs were just flat out better.

Edited by Rochesterfan
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4

1 minute ago, Beast said:

I know he caught a pass but Lenoir seems to be a sure cut with the depth we have at WR.

OJ Wildgoose Simpson didn’t have a night to write home about.

Powell with Lenoir... But they probably need to keep the depth for preseason if Hodgins banged up and Diggs/Beas/Sanders not going to play much

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Hart is obvious one. But Tyrell Adams was another player who struggled. Missed an easy tackle in backfield and allowed Lions to gain a big run on 4th down. And with Giles Harris and Andre Smith having great games he could be one of the first to be cut.

I think it's dangerous to overreact to the first preseason game when the coaches have been watching them in practice for weeks.

Other than for Bobby Hart who apparently has been awful all camp as well...

While Adams missed a tackle, we don't know what his performance has been like in camp

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

OK my 5:

OT Caleb Banenoch, and yes he has been worse than Hart

OG Marquel Harrell

TE Nate Becker (is he still on the team?)

CB Nick McCloud (depends on how serious other DB injuries are)

DT Treyvon Hester

If you say "Who?" and "never heard of them", all of these guys based on comments from people who watched the open practices and The Athletic, are probably playing at a lower level than guys like bums-of-the-moment Tyrell Adams and Bobby Hart.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3