Gameday Postgame Thread Bills 16 Lions 15

3 hours ago, Motorin' said:

Have the Patriots blocked his kicks against Miami? 

He's also a crafty veteran. He may have been reading the speed of the rush and taking an extra second to give his guys more time to get down field. 

That's not how punting works, you get illegal men downfield if you do that. Those guys aren't looking at the punter and are counting in their heads. If the punter just randomly slows down it throws them all (everyone but the gunners) off.

I'm not going to argue about it. Put a clock on it next game if you want. It looked a tick slow to me.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'm confused as to why Bobby Hart is even playing football. Calling him a turnstile is unfair to turnstiles.

- Cody Ford looked pretty good

- Stevenson looks very intriguing as a deep threat/return guy and I'd probably keep him over Kumerow or Hodgins. He and McKenzie have very similar skillsets, though, so I dunno.

- Giles-Harris and Andre Smith both looked good as LB depth and it's a shame we can't roll with them instead of AJ Klein.

- McCloud looked way better than Wildgoose.

- Jake Fromm shouldn't take a roster spot

- Epenesa is going to be a problem for opposing offenses this year.

-Hamlin looked pretty decent outside that one bad missed tackle.

Edited by Boxcar

16 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yeah.  I'm afraid we have some serious DL talent where conservatism may have us go with a veteran at the final cuts, and they could easily become this year's Wyatt Teller.

There's always a chance for a trade. I honestly don't mind Addison much but I hate that they made it harder to cut Butler. We have literally zero need for him.

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Philips was good on that play too if Goff had stepped up to avoid Groot he would of been in Harry's lap.

I thought Phillips was outstanding overall. He may have started the day behind Butler but I’ll bet Butler is sweating right now.

5 hours ago, Motorin' said:

Have the Patriots blocked his kicks against Miami? 

He may have been reading the speed of the rush and taking an extra second to give his guys more time to get down field. 

Seems like a good way to rack up ineligible downfield penalties. 

Well I just was re-watching the game and up to the Antonio Williams fumble drive (6 minutes left in the third) the Bills pretty much

dominated the game.  The roughing the passers, a called back INT and intentional grounding penalties killed any chance of it being a rout.

After that point the 3rd and 4th stringers came in along with Fromm and things got a little bad. 

I didn't quite see it that way while watching it yesterday.  I feel pretty good after watching the reply of the game.

FWIW.  

Edited by ColoradoBills
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Considering it didn't maybe they have their timing in sync.

That's the point I'm trying to make. There's a specific timing that everyone on the line needs to abide to allow the punt to be away before heading on downfield. Punters going off-script for whatever reason? Hm, that rings a bell.

5ef24312eded4.image.jpg?resize=1200,957