Gameday Postgame Thread Bills 16 Lions 15

All things considered that was a pretty damned successful preseason game.  We sat 15 starters, saw some really good stuff out of our 1st round draft pick, and proved that this team has some decent depth (outside of CB).  Not going to complain.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Not yet but it could happen.  

Still an open competition.

As I said I love the frame, the speed, his hands, his style - he looks like Tyreek.   

Guaranteed if you asked him who he's watched the most tape on he says Hill.  

A poor mans tyreek ceiling which makes stevenson very difficult to cut. I just don’t see Mackenzie as having the instincts necessary to make a great returner. What he did with that one chance where the coverage was out kicked by twelve yards was very telling. 

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Not your best typing effort this morning, MGK. I recommend a hair of the dog. Ya know, gitcherass ready for the Regular Season 😉

My apologies oh great syntax one. 😇 I know, I’ve posted for a few days on the phone vs. ipad, and it shows.  Appreciate the needle.  I deserve it.  It wasn’t a hair of the dog thing.  Not me anymore brother.  It hurts too much in the early am on a stair master paying for it.

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Rousseau and Hamlin showing for the rookies.

Wildgoose isn’t gonna make the 53.  Basham played well into the 4th and looks to be inactive on gamedays to start the season - he needs a year of NFL coaching and conditioning.  Corner depth is a serious problem.  Spencer Brown was bad but it would be negligent to have Bobby Hart on the roster after paying Allen a quarter billion dollars - ask Cincy how that worked out for their investment.  

Fromm cannot play quarterback at this level.

The CB depth thing seems an overreaction to me. White and T. Johnson did not play. Wallace looked excellent. Neal and Jackson had rough games, but are you really ready to replace them--perhaps our best special teamer who has looked solid in multiple seasons and a guy who looked great last season b/c of one pre-season game. It's a concern--maybe. A serious problem? That seems a stretch.

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Bills had 165 yards passing on 31 attempts and 114 on the ground for 279 yards and a last second 16-15 victory.

Do you remember back when, game in game out, year in year out, that was the game plan for this team in the regular season?

😩🤢🤮

Point taken Donuts, but also remember Marv would go 0-4 in all preseason games to try out players and schemes.

I believe we were working out schematically our running game and a revamped pass rush.  It looked like that was McD’s primary goal probably coming from Beane.  To me, mission success!  I hope we keep doing it.

I could care less if we win either of the next two games.  They don’t matter.  What I and I think you oh great yelling Donuts (had to sneak that one in) is we button up our TE’s, running game meaning the backs and changes in scheme to the o line, and our pass rush.  We figure out those pain points we beat the Chiefs!

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

I had the same thought. Ball was slow to come out.

Have the Patriots blocked his kicks against Miami? 

He's also a crafty veteran. He may have been reading the speed of the rush and taking an extra second to give his guys more time to get down field. 

12 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I was pretty impressed with Singletary tonight, he noticeably had a pop to him he didn’t have last year. Rousseau winning against top lineman talent in the league is an incredibly good sign going forward. Sweeney was fairly noticeable. Obada was impressive. Spencer is good. Matakevich and Hamlin popped. Stevenson looks fast. 

Breida and Basham were meh but not terrible. 

Griffin and Hart need cut asap. 

Haack is going to win us games this year. 

Griffin plastered his man all night. Then gave up the huge crosser. They didn't have the camera on him to start the play. I'm wondering if he dropped into a zone mistakenly before realizing his he was supposed to be in man? There wasn't another play where his guy got separation all night. 

7 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Griffin plastered his man all night. Then gave up the huge crosser. They didn't have the camera on him to start the play. I'm wondering if he dropped into a zone mistakenly before realizing his he was supposed to be in man? There wasn't another play where his guy got separation all night. 

He didn’t drop. For whatever reason he shaded outside at the snap and gave up the easy slant.  Looked like a technique issue.

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Disagree, I thought he looked damn good except for that RTP penalty. 

Agree and it seemed to me like he was pushed into the QB and the QB deserves and Emmy for his acting....playing like he was all hurt them comes right back in.  

19 minutes ago, Cotton Fitzsimmons said:

Then every week we can hear the gents in the booth explain “The fans aren’t booing… they’re actually saying ‘ROUUUUUUUSE’ heh heh”

Cotton and Maiden.  I have a much much better response.

When he sacks someone, 73,000 raving lunatic Bills Mafia fans screams at the top of their lungs,

He is GROOT!  

and they show a video clip on the videotron.  Now wouldn’t that just make our nutty, but lovable fans insane.

This one from a marketing perspective would stick like Megatron from Calvin Johnson.  What an incredible freak that guy was.

GROOT could be the next BRUUUCE phrase when he earns it.

This fan base would explode!  Roussu doesn’t do it, but GROOT does in spades.   God I hope he repeats those 15.5 sacks.  He is impressive.

• Like (+1) 2

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/in-battle-of-first-round-picks-bills-defensive-end-greg-rousseau-gets-upper-hand/article_f3a701a8-fc99-11eb-86c6-6b5892d9b4a2.html

Rousseau:

"I’d say it was a great feeling," Rousseau. "To get my first sack and be able to get back there is really a testament to the whole defense. The secondary holding up its coverage, the other three D-linemen rushing their butts off, so whether I get a sack or whoever got the sack it really is a team effort and I’m really happy we got him down." 

If that's his sack I would say off hand a few others were involved.  The guy with the biggest wrap-up would appear to be Ed Oliver.

image.thumb.png.fc17f290ae5cae9cb0c2a755cd5ee9a3.png