UB Bulls popping up all over on Thursday

BobbyC81

4 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

UB is going to overtake Syracuse as the #1 football program in NY 

Being Public and the amount of resources spend on the program at UB they are in a prime position for the Future  

I was there when it all began and im so proud of the university 

Horns Up 

🤘🤘🤘

Buffalo needs to get out of the MAC before they can take over anything. We have another conference reshuffling coming up, thanks to Texas and Oklahoma. I really hope UB can move up. Ideal landing spot would be the American. That conference needs a new Northeast school to replace UCONN. More likely Conference USA tho. The dream move would be to the Big Ten.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Buffalo needs to get out of the MAC before they can take over anything. We have another conference reshuffling coming up, thanks to Texas and Oklahoma. I really hope UB can move up. Ideal landing spot would be the American. That conference needs a new Northeast school to replace UCONN. More likely Conference USA tho. The dream move would be to the Big Ten.

They're starting to get recruits that used to go to Syracuse.. the Domino is going to fall within 5 or 10 years

I think there's almost no chance they ever make a lateral move to conference USA ... They will wait for a big ten opening if they ever move

That was the plan 20 years ago.. to be a major conference School.. UB is the flagship University of New York..  

The goal was always big ten

Edited by Buffalo716

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

They're starting to get recruits that used to go to Syracuse.. the Domino is going to fall within 5 or 10 years

I think there's almost no chance they ever make a lateral move to conference USA ... They will wait for a big ten opening if they ever move

That was the plan 20 years ago.. to be a major conference School.. UB is the flagship University of New York..  

The goal was always big ten

UB has the academic pedigree for the Big Ten. Athletic budget? Not so much. In time, maybe. I hate to even think such a thought but if the Bills evern did leave WNY, UB football could try to fill the hole. That would be a huge boost in revenues.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

UB has the academic pedigree for the Big Ten. Athletic budget? Not so much. In time, maybe. I hate to even think such a thought but if the Bills evern did leave WNY, UB football could try to fill the hole. That would be a huge boost in revenues.

First the bills are never leaving.. second UB could never fill the void no matter how much I love them 

And again this isn't a three or five year plan.. building a major college football program isn't a three or five year plan 

It's a 30 to 50 year plan.. legitimately.. and in the next 10-15 years you're going to be seeing massive growth

The only thing keeping them back in the next 15 years is a nicer stadium.. which obviously would be hard to get 

But UB spends more than Rutgers spent before they moved to the Big ten.. the move to the Big ten dramatically increased Rutgers revenue... They weren't making it before

UB is absolutely on footing with Rutgers minus a stadium.. we probably have better football talent as well

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

First the bills are never leaving.. second UB could never fill the void no matter how much I love them 

And again this isn't a three or five year plan.. building a major college football program isn't a three or five year plan 

It's a 30 to 50 year plan.. legitimately.. and in the next 10-15 years you're going to be seeing massive growth

The only thing keeping them back in the next 15 years is a nicer stadium.. which obviously would be hard to get 

But UB spends more than Rutgers spent before they moved to the Big ten.. the move to the Big ten dramatically increased Rutgers revenue... They weren't making it before

UB is absolutely on footing with Rutgers minus a stadium.. we probably have better football talent as well

I wish they included UB in any new stadium plan.

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Big item there for ub is Albany get it

I teach four different classes there and love the campus and atmosphere that they are trying for but when you defund 5 sports after school has already started and don't tell the students or coaches it puts a black eye on the school.

And there swim team was also getting national attention with the athletes there were sending to nationals and there coach was doing a great job

11 minutes ago, scuba guy said:

I teach four different classes there and love the campus and atmosphere that they are trying for but when you defund 5 sports after school has already started and don't tell the students or coaches it puts a black eye on the school.

And there swim team was also getting national attention with the athletes there were sending to nationals and there coach was doing a great job

There are alot of schools with black eyes 

Most Collegiate sports don't have a return on investment... It wasn't shocking to see UB drop baseball and the like 

UB football doesn't even make money.. but it's partially because they are in the MAC.. Rutgers football revenue went up almost 50% just by joining 

UB still has the biggest sports revenue in the MAC.. it's outgrowing it and will be too big in 15-20 years

Edited by Buffalo716

1 hour ago, scuba guy said:

Hopefully you are not teaching English.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

4 hours ago, BTB said:

716...I can understand your optimism, but UB football is not going to be bigger than Syracuse.  Not in 5 years, 10 years, 20 years...or ever.  

U can say that but Syracuse has been on a downswing for a long time and UB is on a upswing 

And I'm a Syracuse Alumni 

20 years ago UB was getting zero star recruits.. now they've won some recruiting battles against SU... Average SU recruit ..85 grade... Average UB recruit 82.. right there

I still work around the college football game.. I'm not just saying it to be trendy

It's absolutely something that is happening slowly.. there's a reason why Syracuse won't schedule UB.. and UB would absolutely take the game  

Because the loss would be damaging to the program of Syracuse 

15 SU players are on NFL rosters in preseason.. 12 UB alum are 

15 years and UB will have more alumni in the league.. SU is a basketball school, hardly been relevant since Donovan McNabb... 

The days of Ernie Davis are long gone

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, scuba guy said:

Big thing is I half to dumb it done alot for the board most of the time so if I used words like belittle, you would have to look up what it means in a dictionary.

I'm not the guy who ripped you

But I've been using the word belittle since I was about 12 years old.. but maybe it's because I have a good grasp on the English language

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

U can say that but Syracuse has been on a downswing for a long time and UB is on a upswing 

And I'm a Syracuse Alumni 

20 years ago UB was getting zero star recruits.. now they've won some recruiting battles against SU... Average SU recruit ..85 grade... Average UB recruit 82.. right there

I still work around the college football game.. I'm not just saying it to be trendy

It's absolutely something that is happening slowly.. there's a reason why Syracuse won't schedule UB.. and UB would absolutely take the game  

Because the loss would be damaging to the program of Syracuse 

15 SU players are on NFL rosters in preseason.. 12 UB alum are 

15 years and UB will have more alumni in the league.. SU is a basketball school, hardly been relevant since Donovan McNabb... 

The days of Ernie Davis are long gone

You make some good points, but until UB moves out of the MAC and replaces that joke of a stadium with the embarrassing end zone bleachers that were put up to meet some ridiculous MAC minimum seating quota, they are not on the same level. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BTB said:

You make some good points, but until UB moves out of the MAC and replaces that joke of a stadium with the embarrassing end zone bleachers that were put up to meet some ridiculous MAC minimum seating quota, they are not on the same level. 

Agree

5 hours ago, BTB said:

716...I can understand your optimism, but UB football is not going to be bigger than Syracuse.  Not in 5 years, 10 years, 20 years...or ever.  

The worst team in the ACC still does better $$$ than the best MAC team.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The worst team in the ACC still does better $$$ than the best MAC team.

I already explained you that's because of playing in the ACC or Big10 etc

Rutgers didn't make more money or spend more money than UB before they went to the big 10 

UB spends more money on the football program and made more than Rutgers before the switch.. the switch is what generates the revenue

Edited by Buffalo716

4 hours ago, scuba guy said:

Big thing is I half to dumb it done alot for the board most of the time so if I used words like belittle, you would have to look up what it means in a dictionary.

Seriously, you need to end the charade and stop proving my point.