Diet or regular soda?

Another Fan

3 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Spoken like a true southern gentleman.

Well, at least I’m in the south, so that part is covered!

If we are driving long distance I will generally have a Diet Mountain Dew with salt and vinegar chips. I’m not sure where that nasty little habit came from…. 🤷‍♀️

Edited by Augie

4 hours ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

Usually neither. Water, la croix or booze. I’ll have a Coke Zero maybe once every couple months. 

La Croix has helped me give up pop completely.  I found some flavors I really like (Key Lime, Orange, Cherry-Lime) and it still has that 'burn' that is really refreshing especially during a meal.  

Soda Pop is one of my weaknesses.

I love it and I drink different types, but always regular, hate the taste of the diet stuff.

I'm a Pepsi person, and love all their products. Please bring back Pepsi Twist, that was the best!

I also really like the Sparkling ICE drinks.

Diet Pop is disgusting IMO.  I know regular pop is bad for you and I don't drink it often but it's hard to turn down an ice cold soda in the Summertime once in awhile.  My theory is stay away from Pop in general the majority of the time but if your gonna splurge once in awhile it may as well be for the real stuff.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, coloradobillsfan said:

La Croix has helped me give up pop completely.  I found some flavors I really like (Key Lime, Orange, Cherry-Lime) and it still has that 'burn' that is really refreshing especially during a meal.  

The cherry limon is definitely my favorite. Cucumber pepino is solid too. Generally like most of them though 

Diet with Splenda (sucalose)... Or regular.  Other diet stuff is nasty. 

4 hours ago, Philly McButterpants said:

I used to have a fairly serious "thing" for Diet Pepsi. I've since broken the habit and now drink sparkling water. I hate drinking plain water. Must be the bubbles 🤷‍♂️

Sparkling Ice.  Black Cherry 🍒 is the bomb! Can't even tell it is low calorie. IMO...

https://popvssoda.com/

• Like (+1) 1

Ginger Ale  or Dr. Pepper

I can not drink Coke now or my stomach goes into revolt.

In college I drank Coke all the time and several years later 

it is payback time.

The only downside to Dr. Pepper imho is that is does not mix well with

any alcohol except a spiced rum.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LewPort71 said:

Ginger Ale  or Dr. Pepper

I can not drink Coke now or my stomach goes into revolt.

In college I drank Coke all the time and several years later 

it is payback time.

The only downside to Dr. Pepper imho is that is does not mix well with

any alcohol except a spiced rum.

I used to love Dr Pepper

Is it just me or has the taste changed on the product over the last few years? 

When I drank soda, it was diet.  Now, I only drink it on rare occasions at restaurants (also rare occasions these days), if they have regular Dr Pepper from a fountain, with the right kind of ice.  When it is mixed right (also a rare occasion) it is awesome. 

I didn't really stop drinking soda for health reasons or anything like that....but as I got older, it just doesn't taste good anymore.  I feel like I am drinking a bunch of mixed chemicals. Now, I mostly drink coffee, water and/or beer.  If I drink a sweet drink, i lean toward Gatorade Zero, or flavored Vitamin Water.  

39 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

I used to love Dr Pepper

Is it just me or has the taste changed on the product over the last few years? 

I think the sugar or high fructose corn syrup sweetener has been slightly reduced over the years.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.