Great Fitzpatrick article in The Athletic

20 hours ago, qwksilver said:

WFT could be a sleeper pick for the NFC, IF FITZ doesn't give away a few games. That Defense is unreal and they have good weapons on offense.

Fitz always will give away a few games. How do people still think the narrative is going to be different than the other 15 seasons?

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Fitz always will give away a few games. How do people still think the narrative is going to be different than the other 15 seasons?

It would take some work to look it up, but I don't think he's ever had a defense like this one before, so he might not have to be his bad impersonation of a gun slinger. I get it leopards don't change their spots. I'll be routing for him and WFT this year.

Edited by qwksilver

36 minutes ago, qwksilver said:

It would take some work to look it up, but I don't think he's ever had a defense like this one before, so he might not have to be his bad impersonation of a gun slinger. I get it leopards don't change their spots. I'll be routing for him and WFT this year.

He is a journeyman QB that has had one of the greatest runs in pro sports for someone with his comparative ability levels to the elite players. Please stop acting like he is going to be anything different than what he has been. A QB that can put up numbers and win games but once teams catch up to him, a QB that doesn't have the physical skills to overcome that.

So for those of you that have the Athletic sub , how do you find out what your next charge will be? I signed up for it last Aug for $1.25/month deal, it should be coming to an end this month. I have checked "My Account" but it only has the past billing info. I wanted to know what my subscription fee will be going forward.

49 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

He is a journeyman QB that has had one of the greatest runs in pro sports for someone with his comparative ability levels to the elite players. Please stop acting like he is going to be anything different than what he has been. A QB that can put up numbers and win games but once teams catch up to him, a QB that doesn't have the physical skills to overcome that.

That's why I said leopards don't change their spots. He is easy to route for and I will.

1 hour ago, billsherd said:

So for those of you that have the Athletic sub , how do you find out what your next charge will be? I signed up for it last Aug for $1.25/month deal, it should be coming to an end this month. I have checked "My Account" but it only has the past billing info. I wanted to know what my subscription fee will be going forward.

If you go under "You" in the top left and select "Your Account" it takes you to the account page.  The 2nd header on that page is "Subscription" and should list your next billing date and payment amount.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 8/12/2021 at 11:40 AM, Albany,n.y. said:

I take it you don't  read any newspapers, like ever, Amazing. 

It's not 1976...

23 hours ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

It’s 2021, and I think talented sports journalists who dedicated a lifetime to their craft, should stand in lines at food pantries and live in refrigerator boxes. 

Sorry. They chose the wrong industry. It's a dying breed. This has happened to many industries and it will continue to happen. Might be MY industry next.

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Fitz is going to Fitz at some point….Great back up. But your team isn’t going anywhere with him as a stater. 

Those 2010-2012 rosters were laughably bad. 

So true. People love Fitzpatrick because he is an awesome dude and he is funny. He is also smart and a good leader. But he has always been sub-par as a QB. He WILL throw a pick if the game is on the line.

But he always makes it interesting. He is great entertainment.

40 minutes ago, MJS said:

It's not 1976...

Sorry. They chose the wrong industry. It's a dying breed. This has happened to many industries and it will continue to happen. Might be MY industry next.

Too bad so many people don't read newspapers.  No wonder people are walking around with no clue what's going on in the world, believing wild conspiracies they find on the free internet.  You get what you pay for.  

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Too bad so many people don't read newspapers.  No wonder people are walking around with no clue what's going on in the world, believing wild conspiracies they find on the free internet.  You get what you pay for.  

No, actually you can get all of the same news for free.

• Disagree 1

12 hours ago, MJS said:

So true. People love Fitzpatrick because he is an awesome dude and he is funny. He is also smart and a good leader. But he has always been sub-par as a QB. He WILL throw a pick if the game is on the line.

But he always makes it interesting. He is great entertainment.

Sub par quarterbacks, don't have 35,000 passing yards, and 220 TDs lol 

He may be physically limited especially compared to guys like Rodgers or Allen... But he's got a better arm than Fromm 

I'd say his 220 touchdowns would say he's a pretty good quarterback with limitations  .. certainly above average

and it's not like he's been on great teams his whole life  

There's some 90 some quarterbacks in the NFL

He's been one of the top 25-30 for a decade+.. I would never say that's subpar 

Chase Daniels been in the league for over a decade and thrown 261 passes ... And He's respected... Maybe you can call a guy like that sup par.. 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Disagree 1