Why does the national media act as if Brady was never in New England?

4 hours ago, streetkings01 said:

Why do I let these sports tv shows trigger me so much? Might just be because I’ve been currently working from home the past year and half finding myself watching more tv in a day then I’d normally watch in a week! 

Today on GMF Mr. Burleson stated that the Patriots are a big threat to the Bills due to the fact that they’ve been dominant for over 20 years while the Bills have been on a run the past couple seasons. I never hear them even mention Brady being the main reason for the Pats success. The Patriots went out and spent a ton of money trying to recreate some offense they had back in 2009 with Gronk and Hernandez. Both Belichick and McDaniels will prove again this year that it ain’t the system…..it was the QB!

It was their ability to cheat and get away with it and the media seeing them as heroes.

Tom Brady was the main reason for the Patriots' success until proven otherwise. They have gotten better in the offseason with the signing of Matt Judon and drafting Christian Barmore on defense, and getting Jonnu Smith and Hunter Henry at TE, plus some depth at WR. I know they have a complicated offense, but Cam didn't seem ready physically or mentally to run it. They will be a much better team this season, but I think the Dolphins are still our biggest competition for the division.

Edited by Allen2Diggs

6 minutes ago, Jobot said:

How is this a thread?

"I feel upset about the media not saying exactly what I want them to say"...

Lol, that crossed  my mind 1st time I saw it posted. Wondering why does poster who I assume is a Bills fan, give a sprinkle of mouse ***** about this ? I just didn't bother to question and moved on

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins

5 hours ago, P Riv said:

Look at the HoF finalists and who is up next year.  NE already has Ty Law in the Hall, finalists were McGinnest, Harrison, Seymour, and Wilfork is eligible next year.  

That's 5 probable HoF'rs from their first 3 SBs and 07 Defense.  Then there's Vinatieri in there somewhere too who is likely a 1st ballot HoF'r.

Yes Brady was there for 20 years, but not alone and its not like their offense will only play with 10 now.  Their defense is likely a top 5 defense this season, it was only season before last they were number 1.  So yeah, Brady is gone but they're still dangerous, restocked and reloaded.  Our future is extremely bright because of JA17, but I see too many people walking around with the impression that with Brady gone it's "our turn" to run the division for a decade or better.  Nothing is guaranteed and don't expect the media to crown the Bills as a dynasty tomorrow.  

Exactly

The Bills had 50 sacks one year and missed the playoffs

Its all for naught without a QB

• Like (+1) 1

The main reason the Patriots have been good for the past 20 years is that they cheat. They weren't able to cheat last year so they weren't good. Anybody down playing the fact that they can go back to cheating again this year is in for a surprise. Without a doubt they are going to be legit threats in the AFC.

6 hours ago, streetkings01 said:

Why do I let these sports tv shows trigger me so much? Might just be because I’ve been currently working from home the past year and half finding myself watching more tv in a day then I’d normally watch in a week! 

Today on GMF Mr. Burleson stated that the Patriots are a big threat to the Bills due to the fact that they’ve been dominant for over 20 years while the Bills have been on a run the past couple seasons. I never hear them even mention Brady being the main reason for the Pats success. The Patriots went out and spent a ton of money trying to recreate some offense they had back in 2009 with Gronk and Hernandez. Both Belichick and McDaniels will prove again this year that it ain’t the system…..it was the QB!

They gotta talk about something, outside of the Bills sweeping the division again…, 

7 hours ago, P Riv said:

Look at the HoF finalists and who is up next year.  NE already has Ty Law in the Hall, finalists were McGinnest, Harrison, Seymour, and Wilfork is eligible next year.  

That's 5 probable HoF'rs from their first 3 SBs and 07 Defense.  Then there's Vinatieri in there somewhere too who is likely a 1st ballot HoF'r.

Yes Brady was there for 20 years, but not alone and its not like their offense will only play with 10 now.  Their defense is likely a top 5 defense this season, it was only season before last they were number 1.  So yeah, Brady is gone but they're still dangerous, restocked and reloaded.  Our future is extremely bright because of JA17, but I see too many people walking around with the impression that with Brady gone it's "our turn" to run the division for a decade or better.  Nothing is guaranteed and don't expect the media to crown the Bills as a dynasty tomorrow.  

Exactly

McGinnest Harrison Seymour and Wilfork should all be in the Hall of Very Good.  None should be in the HOF.  Ty Law played at my alma mater Michigan.  So I guess I am a little more biased to him.  But while he was good, I never thought he was all world.  Vinatieri is the best of all of them.  And he played over half his career with the Colts.  

the HOF has been watered down w too many selections.  It should be for the absolute best of the best.  The Patriots mentioned while very good, were not that.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, billybrew1 said:

Who cares?  I thought this was a Bills site?

Haven't you noticed that a lot of Bills fans are obsessed with all things New England/Tom Brady/Bill Belichick?

They just can't let it go! 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, pigpen65 said:

The main reason the Patriots have been good for the past 20 years is that they cheat. They weren't able to cheat last year so they weren't good. Anybody down playing the fact that they can go back to cheating again this year is in for a surprise. Without a doubt they are going to be legit threats in the AFC.

Uhhhhhhhhh yikes 

This, this is…something - you went just zipping right past hot take there didn’t ya?!

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, pigpen65 said:

While they did have some "misinterpretation of the rules" as BB said  a few times lol,.....They were clearly a very good team for a long time even though I hate to admit it. 

I hear similar things on NFLR with some of the morning hosts, especially Weiss.  They just can’t accept Brady made a lot of problems go away.  My thought is the narrative will change after this year when they finish 8-9 to 9-8 amd miss the playoffs again.  This would be the best scenario as they win enough games to not get a top pick, but still miss the playoffs.

All of the talking heads will credit Brady, not Belichick.  Oh, and Brady take the Bucs to the playoffs again, but they don’t make it to February.

Edited by machine gun kelly