Best 4th string QB in NFL - Texans

27 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Calm down.

No they did not try to end TC early.  And Watson did not "play" safety, they needed an extra body to stand in where the safety was supposed to be, there was zero chance of him getting hurt.

One day the media was allowed only for the first hour of practice, then someone complained and the Texans were told by the league they had to allow the press access, that is the entire story.  The Texans want to be Patriot South, why they hired Nick Caserio and they envision hiding from the media is one way to achieve it.

You cant force someone to play, then he will suddenly will have a hurt ankle.

He wlil never take a snap as a Texan again as long as that doofus Cal McNair owns the team.

From my understanding the player has to be able to prove they aren't healthy enough to not play while under contract. There was a whole big thing with the Jets about it 2 years ago I believe. Team doctors cleared him, he refused to play, and he was fined heavily. That was a legitimate injury, if Watsons making up an injury seems it would be pretty easy to disprove, no?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.northjersey.com/amp/4021849002

Edited by BillsShredder83
Found article kelechi osemele

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m just going on what’s reported

What is your point?  I hear McClain about every day including today. 

Let me put things into context.

Your comment, " The crazy thing was when they were playing Watson at safety last week.  Wouldn’t you want to make sure he doesn’t get injured? "

Let me re-iterate, they were NOT playing him at safety, they had him stand there where the safety was supposed to be, there was zero change of him getting injured.  Watson usually does next to nothing but stand around so they needed a warm body. If you want to make a big deal out of it , that is up to you.

And read it again, they were " tried to end TC early altogether".  Let me reiterate, they were trying to end access to the media to training camp, that is all.  One day they allowed media access only to the first half hour, and that is when McClain got all emotional and complained to the NFL and the NFL said the media had to be allowed access for the entire practice.   

If you want to draw this wild conclusions, go ahead.

• Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

What is your point?  I hear McClain about every day including today. 

Let me put things into context.

Your comment, " The crazy thing was when they were playing Watson at safety last week.  Wouldn’t you want to make sure he doesn’t get injured? "

Let me re-iterate, they were NOT playing him at safety, they had him stand there where the safety was supposed to be, there was zero change of him getting injured.  Watson usually does next to nothing but stand around so they needed a warm body. If you want to make a big deal out of it , that is up to you.

And read it again, they were " tried to end TC early altogether".  Let me reiterate, they were trying to end access to the media to training camp, that is all.  One day they allowed media access only to the first half hour, and that is when McClain got all emotional and complained to the NFL and the NFL said the media had to be allowed access for the entire practice.   

If you want to draw this wild conclusions, go ahead.

Wow, you seem to really care.

1 hour ago, BillsShredder83 said:

From my understanding the player has to be able to prove they aren't healthy enough to not play while under contract. There was a whole big thing with the Jets about it 2 years ago I believe. Team doctors cleared him, he refused to play, and he was fined heavily. That was a legitimate injury, if Watsons making up an injury seems it would be pretty easy to disprove, no?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.northjersey.com/amp/4021849002

Prove?

I have a headache and blacked out, i might have had a concussion or the beginning of CTE.  You think they are going to force the player to play, not a change in hell.

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

Wow, you seem to really care.

I hear about it ad nauseam down here on the radio, two guys I would like to never hear about again:  Deshaun Watson and Aaron Rodgers.

17 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

This is more than a little silly. I'm not arguing for the content of his character at all, but it's not like Watson is their 4th string QB because he all of a sudden forgot how to play football. He's still in the upper echelon of QBs in the league in terms of talent, this is a unique situation to be sure.

1 hour ago, glazeduck said:

This is more than a little silly. I'm not arguing for the content of his character at all, but it's not like Watson is their 4th string QB because he all of a sudden forgot how to play football. He's still in the upper echelon of QBs in the league in terms of talent, this is a unique situation to be sure.

Agreed .. the whole thing is theater on the Texans part. He is either first string or he is on some exempt list. Him being 4th string is ridiculous… which was kind of my point

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yet another newspaper which wants you to pay for articles AND pages are so full of ads and videos the article you are trying to read takes forever to load and sometimes fails (but ads never do).  There actually was more information on writer John McCain than on Texans on that page.

The Texans told reporters who cover the team that Wednesday would be the last day of training camp and they would switch to regular-season mode Thursday, two days before the first preseason game at Green Bay.

The change would mean media limitations would go into effect, but there was one problem — NFL rules say, “All daily practices must be open in their entirety to local media through Aug. 26.”

It would be almost as easy for an opposition team to get someone certified as local media as it was for me to bypass the pay gate.

Under the Texans’ first two coaches, Dom Capers and Gary Kubiak, reporters were allowed to watch all of practice all the time. They changed to the minimum when Bill O’Brien was hired in 2014.

Wow Bill O'Brien was special and being Billicheat disciple was allowed to get away with it for a long time.

3 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Agreed .. the whole thing is theater on the Texans part. He is either first string or he is on some exempt list. Him being 4th string is ridiculous… which was kind of my point

They should have him replace the kid who retrieves the kicking tee.