Bills to require masks when inside

26 minutes ago, Dkollidas said:

So basically, once you’ve had your ticket scanned, wear a mask, once you get to your seat (provided it’s not IN a box) take off the mask if your vaccinated?

I don’t know man. The ticket line is like herding cattle. I was amped for this season and have tickets to a few games. We have states where there are almost no hospital beds. I was in the hospital early this year at Albany Med and my doctors and nurses were upset that Buffalo was letting 15k fans in. 

I was excited to be in the stadium, but it feels dirty given how many are still struggling.  If I go at all I will probably mask up the entire game. I’m not trying to end up back in the hospital or send somebody to an icu bed. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 3

1 hour ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

Not so sure about that…

I've seen it easily enforced. 🤷🏻‍♂️

2 hours ago, Jester said:

I just bought some Bills gaiters. It’s just another piece of fan gear for me. 

I have a zubaz pattern gator

Edited by LeGOATski

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

They won’t be able (or probably try to) enforce the outside masks. Everyone will need to wear one inside though regardless of status. That’s easy to enforce. 

It all depends on how much the stadium staff decide to enforce it. At the sf giants games the last week masks have been required inside (whole county rule). I've been at two games since and at both the staff have not strongly enforced the policy, about 2 of every 5 has told people to put their masks on. I think this is how it will probably end up and just be up to fans on whether they want to wear a mask or not.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I really hope they implement a social distancing policy at the urinal troughs. 

They do.  Wear your masks. 

9 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I really hope they implement a social distancing policy at the urinal troughs. 

9 hours ago, Ralonzo said:

Why? Urine is sterile

Cubs fans Ain't Skeered... Never have been... They know it's sterile! 😏 

• Vomit 2

5 hours ago, nato7412 said:

It all depends on how much the stadium staff decide to enforce it. At the sf giants games the last week masks have been required inside (whole county rule). I've been at two games since and at both the staff have not strongly enforced the policy, about 2 of every 5 has told people to put their masks on. I think this is how it will probably end up and just be up to fans on whether they want to wear a mask or not.

Sure, I just meant it would be “easy” to enforce from the standpoint of it’s a universal thing and don’t need to check vaccination. If they want to enforce it, they can employ people to tell fans without masks inside to put them on. 

• Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Sure, I just meant it would be “easy” to enforce from the standpoint of it’s a universal thing and don’t need to check vaccination. If they want to enforce it, they can employ people to tell fans without masks inside to put them on. 

I just don’t see how easily it could be enforced in the crowded concourse during halftime for example. They’d basically need to station people at the concourse entrance ways to check for masks. They’d also need to check for masks at the main gate to confirm that each attendee brought one. Seems like more an honor system in my eyes, and who wants the job of fighting with drunk people for little pay. 

32 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Even in Buffalo it can be hot in September. I am sure people will love wearing masks for the home opener when its probably going to be in the 80's/90's. Hot, humid and a mask go perfect together.

It's only for inside seats etc from what it sounds like. ?

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins
  • Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I just don’t see how easily it could be enforced in the crowded concourse during halftime for example. They’d basically need to station people at the concourse entrance ways to check for masks. They’d also need to check for masks at the main gate to confirm that each attendee brought one. Seems like more an honor system in my eyes, and who wants the job of fighting with drunk people for little pay. 

It is an honor system. Again, I said it is “easy” to enforce inside vs outside, if they want to, because everyone needs one. It was in response to enforcing it outside for the unvaccinated, which wouldn’t even be worth trying to do because you would need to know who is and isn’t. 

Were they “enforcing” the rule for the playoff games last year that allowed fans? If so I’d expect the same level of “enforcement.” I highly doubt anyone employed to check on masks - if they even do that- is going to fight with anyone over it. Anywhere I’ve ever been it’s “please put a mask on when inside”. The fans won’t even be inside all that much. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Were they “enforcing” the rule for the playoff games last year that allowed fans? If so I’d expect the same level of “enforcement.” I highly doubt anyone employed to check on masks - if they even do that- is going to fight with anyone over it. Anywhere I’ve ever been it’s “please put a mask on when inside”. The fans won’t even be inside all that much. 

yes - very strictly.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

It's only for inside seats etc from what it sounds like. ?

Maybe I am wrong but I thought that was only for the vaccinated not unvaccinated? Going to be to enforce anyway with 72,000 in the stadium.

3 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

yes - very strictly.

Easier to do for 6,700. With 72,000 in the building it will be difficult.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

5 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Maybe I am wrong but I thought that was only for the vaccinated not unvaccinated

The statement from Bills reads only inside areas vaccinated or not. Outside only for unvaccinated. But yeah I agree it will be hard to enforce with that many ppl. Unless of course they make you show proof of vaccination. 

56 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It is an honor system. Again, I said it is “easy” to enforce inside vs outside, if they want to, because everyone needs one. It was in response to enforcing it outside for the unvaccinated, which wouldn’t even be worth trying to do because you would need to know who is and isn’t. 

I agree, I’m just saying it’s hypothetically a lot easier to enforce with 15K than 70K. People won’t be inside much, but my first thought was how impossible it would be to enforce in the crowded concourse areas, where everyone is shoulder to shoulder. That’s a much different scene than the concourse at halftime with 15k in the house. 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I was at the Ravens game.  I'm not sure whether they were enforcing the mask rule in the stands but everyone near me had masks on throughout the entire game so "enforcement" was a moot issue.