Bills play Catan

3 minutes ago, teef said:

i've also never heard of catan until today, and i love games.  on a similar note, i had never heard of apples to apples until a year or two ago, and was chastised for that.

Have you heard of their follow-up game: Apples to Oranges?

The two are nothing alike.

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsShredder83 said:

dang im getting old lol first thought was wtf is that, followed by get outside ya damb kids 😆

Settlers first appeared in 1995!

10 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

You must be REALLY old if you think board games are the hip new thing keeping kids from going outside.  Are you using a carrier pigeon service to make these posts?

Someone's never played D&D...

What's wrong with D&D anyways?

It's not as good as Pathfinder! :)

• Agree 1

52 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Yes sir!   A whole house full of amazing blessings.   Its hectic at times, but wouldn't trade it for the world.   About 18 years away from board games and crosswords, but they can wait :)

I'll make a recommendation: Labyrinth

Four players only, but young kids can understand it and I've always found it to be a hit. 

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Yes sir!   A whole house full of amazing blessings.   Its hectic at times, but wouldn't trade it for the world.   About 18 years away from board games and crosswords, but they can wait :)

We started our kids on Catan when the older was 9 and the younger was 5.  There's a couple things you can do to simplify the rules, but they got it quick.  They're 22 and 17 now and we still play!

• Like (+1) 2

I was at a gaming convention back in the '90's (yeah, I admit it) and I remember when that game hit, it was crazy. One minute everyone was playing History of the World and the next it was Settlers from one end of the hotel to the other. And hardly anyone knew how to play or had any idea what strategies were workable.  

It was nerd chaos and it was ugly my friends, ugly.

And now the golden armed king of cool QB is playing Settlers. Never saw that coming. 

Edited by Mickey
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Kwai San said:

And this has WHAT to do with football???

Get Off My Lawn!!!!  As shake my fist at the clouds!

ah, even the elderly can play. We've played with my folks who are in their late 80s and they really enjoyed it

• Haha (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, saundena said:

Forget Catan! I'd like to know what their Gloomhaven strategy is :) 

I have this, but still havent gotten a game going yet. I played the Steam version solo a few times. Also have Frosthaven shipping sometime in Sep/Oct. I collect more games that I tend to actually play...lol.

Dead of Winter and Betrayal at House on Haunted Hill (might be mixing this title up with the similarly named tv show) are family favorites.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Westside Madness said:

I have this, but still havent gotten a game going yet. I played the Steam version solo a few times. Also have Frosthaven shipping sometime in Sep/Oct. I collect more games that I tend to actually play...lol.

Dead of Winter and Betrayal at House on Haunted Hill (might be mixing this title up with the similarly named tv show) are family favorites.

I tend to collect too, but which drives my wife crazy.  Gloomhaven is terrific, but it's a 4+ hour commitment with our group- chatty wives + booze.  I will buy Frosthaven, but want to beat Gloom first.  I'll also say that the token organizers and 3rd party dashboards, counters, standee's etc make the game so much better from an organization standpoint.

Betrayal is good, never played Dead of Winter.  Over the years, we've also played a lot of Talisman, Pandemic and Dominion.

• Like (+1) 2