Which of the 1st round QBs do you think will bust, and which will be great?

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The latter may or may not be true - personally, I think legitimate journalists who verify sources take a lot of undeserved Crap nowadays.  And I think journalists don't "make up quotes" though they are sometimes lazy and rely on another journalist's speculative "Tweet" as their source. 

But yes, upon further review Wesley Steinberg is 100% a parody account.

The best parody has a lot of reality in it though. There's a lot of murmurs from a broken fanbase because Wilson hasn't lit up training camp when a lot of their fanbase convinced themselves he was the GOAT before camp started. They aren't going to know until next season whether he's going to make it or not, but there is a good deal of hand wringing after he looked great in OTAs. Conversely, there is also a common belief that their defense is going to be the best in AFC East and top 5 overall.

1 hour ago, RobbRiddick said:

I know, I've been following his 'struggles' a lot this week. It's funny seeing Jets fans getting their panties in a twist about it. The rookie struggles don't sway my thinking too much, it's to be expected, but this sort of stuff does make me even more intrigued about the upcoming season 

A lot of rookies struggle. If he is having these issues at year end, then it's cause for concern.

Mac Jones should be a good quarterback. I don't think that most fans are aware of just how smart this kid is. He does not have a skill set that even approaches that of Josh Allen, but how many players do? 

I look for Mac to be somewhere around Tony Romo or Kirk Cousins, but I have been wrong before lol.

• Like (+1) 2

There is so much Trey Lance love out there, perhaps because Josh Allen was part of the build up going into the draft? But I just don't see strong parallels to Josh, and will call him being a bit of a bust. 

But then again I'm not high on any of these QBs, having an immediate positive impact on their teams this year, but going into year two I think Fields and Lawrence both bring good things to the table. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Those are the two I've got the best feeling about. Mac Jones feels like a typical Alabama QB.

I cant wait for Mac Jones to try to keep up has accuracy and throw into NFL sized windows as 300 lb man are about to crush hi,, then we wlil see what kind of great QB he is.  Playing QB at Alabama is hardly a test of great skill, it was probably more difficult for him to get the starting job practicing versus Alabama defense then it was to play other teams.

To me he is the most interesting rookie playing this year.  If he is a total bust, I wont be shocked, he might even be be cached to be "great" if Bleichek can do the intermediate passes to TEs ad slot receivers.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

The best parody has a lot of reality in it though. There's a lot of murmurs from a broken fanbase because Wilson hasn't lit up training camp when a lot of their fanbase convinced themselves he was the GOAT before camp started. They aren't going to know until next season whether he's going to make it or not, but there is a good deal of hand wringing after he looked great in OTAs. Conversely, there is also a common belief that their defense is going to be the best in AFC East and top 5 overall.

He is probably this year's Rosen and they should have been grateful for a Darnold.

6 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

He is probably this year's Rosen and they should have been grateful for a Darnold.

I think Darnold would have been better if developed at least in a somewhat normal way. The crap show Jets had going on were awful and certainly did him no favors. Although I did enjoy it and hope it continues.

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

46 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Mac Jones should be a good quarterback. I don't think that most fans are aware of just how smart this kid is. He does not have a skill set that even approaches that of Josh Allen, but how many players do? 

I look for Mac to be somewhere around Tony Romo or Kirk Cousins, but I have been wrong before lol.

Romo didn’t do much when he was playing, in someways he was very overrated, Cousins is both overrated & overpaid. He didn’t do much back with the Redskins and hasn’t shown he was worth the contract that Minnesota signed him to years ago. If that’s the kind of QB Jones turns out to be, then NE will be in a lot of trouble which is fine with me lol

Edited by BuffaloBills1998

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I don’t think Trubisky is going anywhere with Daboll. And didn’t Daboll turn down the Jets already? I’m still sticking to the possibility that he goes to Miami and coaches Tua because of their Alabama connection. 

The guy in Miami is gonna get more than one more year to fix the fins.......so if Daboll goes next year, it won't  be to the fins.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

I think Darnold would have been better if developed at least in a somewhat normal way. The crap show Jets had going on were awful and certainly did him no favors. Although I did enjoy it and hope it continues.

Usually going into their 4th season, you know how the 1st round QBs are shaking out.  The 2018 draft was a strange one.  Josh Rosen flamed out faster than any other 1st round QB that I can remember.  Darnold has been in such a bad situation I have no idea if he's a bust or if he has a future.  The Jets offensive talent last year was as bad as the 2018 Bills.