Which of the 1st round QBs do you think will bust, and which will be great?

On 8/11/2021 at 9:10 PM, Victory Formation said:

Or Wyoming.

Generally speaking though, big programs like Alabama and OSU produce very few decent QBs, let alone great ones. Too many star players around them and when they get to the NFL, they no longer have that edge and it’s not so easy anymore.

Obviously you can’t rule out X player because he went to X school. If we did that, we wouldn’t have Allen, but the difference is, Allen stood out as a man amongst boys on a very weak roster. Burrow, Hurts, Jones and Tua etc were literally just cogs in the machine.

How dare you lump Burrow in w/ Jalen Hurts.

23 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

I was annoyed that Wilson looked comfortable and in command. 

He only played 2 series and they were scripted plays with his starters vs a backup vanilla defense (and a bad team). I don’t have a reason to think he won’t be good in time, he has a big arm and can make plays off the cuff, but the regular season will provide a much different experience for him. 

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He only played 2 series and they were scripted plays with his starters vs a backup vanilla defense (and a bad team). I don’t have a reason to think he won’t be good in time, he has a big arm and can make plays off the cuff, but the regular season will provide a much different experience for him. 

But of course. I'm only saying I would have preferred tripping over his own shoelaces and some ghastly interceptions. It was clear on a number of throws he was locked onto predetermined targets. 

On 8/11/2021 at 8:10 PM, Victory Formation said:

Or Wyoming.

Generally speaking though, big programs like Alabama and OSU produce very few decent QBs, let alone great ones. Too many star players around them and when they get to the NFL, they no longer have that edge and it’s not so easy anymore.

Obviously you can’t rule out X player because he went to X school. If we did that, we wouldn’t have Allen, but the difference is, Allen stood out as a man amongst boys on a very weak roster. Burrow, Hurts, Jones and Tua etc were literally just cogs in the machine.

Not that he wasn’t on a loaded team, but Burrow elevated the level of play around him. He was hardly a system QB. He was orchestrating an NFL level passing attack under Joe Brady and he looked every bit the part of future NFL QB during that national championship season. 

On 8/12/2021 at 10:36 PM, blacklabel said:

Of what I watched, which wasn't a whole lot, I got the vibe that Fields kinda has it. I think he's got something to him and maybe he'll be a boom, we shall see. 

The other guys, I dunno about Lance. Only 19 starts at Nebraska. It sounds nuts to say this because we Bills fans haven't had the franchise QB in forever, but, maybe teams are gonna follow the McBeane Method of Quarterback Development! Lance will need consistent coaching and good WRs (they seem ok there, I like dat Deebo kid) just like they gave Josh. The difference is in work ethic and how well they can understand the system and apply it, etc etc. 

I didn't see a lot of Wilson. I know he has a good arm and seems to move around well in the pocket. He can go ahead and throw 9 INTs to the Bills D, though. In one game if he wants to be efficient, or spread out over two, we're not....picky....but we are...cause ya see....JFC I gotta go to bed 

North Dakota State 

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/13/2021 at 9:00 AM, Boxcar said:

Fields went vegan, so automatic bust. He's going to be constantly injured and ineffective.

Wow hadn't heard that till now, looked it up abd and yep, what a moron. Going vegan did wonders for Kaep when he lost a chit ton of muscle and transformed into a bone factory, and couldn't stay healthy.

I would avoid drafting a guy over that. What a dumb dumb dumb move to start your career

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, BillsShredder83 said:

Wow hadn't heard that till now, looked it up abd and yep, what a moron. Going vegan did wonders for Kaep when he lost a chit ton of muscle and transformed into a bone factory, and couldn't stay healthy.

I would avoid drafting a guy over that. What a dumb dumb dumb move to start your career

Apparently JK Dobbins is also going vegan.

I'm more bitter about this than I should be because it derailed Josh Donaldson's career as a Blue Jay. He had constant calf injuries and could never fully recover, all after he started dating a militant vegan. There was a Joe Rogan podcast about it and they couldn't come up with a single top tier vegan athlete.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, transient said:

Not that he wasn’t on a loaded team, but Burrow elevated the level of play around him. He was hardly a system QB. He was orchestrating an NFL level passing attack under Joe Brady and he looked every bit the part of future NFL QB during that national championship season. 

Burrow has been cleared to play and he says he is 100% with no physical limitations. We won't know until we see him in real game action - and the mental aspects of recovering from an injury like that can sometimes be as difficult as the physical aspects.

Prior to the injury, I though he displayed everything you would like to see in a potential franchise QB. I hope he completely recovers from his injury.

18 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

Apparently JK Dobbins is also going vegan.

I'm more bitter about this than I should be because it derailed Josh Donaldson's career as a Blue Jay. He had constant calf injuries and could never fully recover, all after he started dating a militant vegan. There was a Joe Rogan podcast about it and they couldn't come up with a single top tier vegan athlete.

It's a bad decision in the nfl. You need protein to recover/heal/get bigger, and plants are just not protein dense. Idc how much beans or whatever other BS you eat, you're depriving your body of the very stuff it needs AND at the highest level.

These guys should be devouring grass fed beef and bison. They're some of the small % of people that have ability to eat ELITE food, and they're foregoing the most important thing they could put in their body.

Wish I had the means to eat the way these guys do, and they're throwing it away

2 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Burrow has been cleared to play and he says he is 100% with no physical limitations. We won't know until we see him in real game action - and the mental aspects of recovering from an injury like that can sometimes be as difficult as the physical aspects.

Prior to the injury, I though he displayed everything you would like to see in a potential franchise QB. I hope he completely recovers from his injury.

Unfortunately, the word out of bengals camp is that he’s not quite where he was last year. Could be mental. But he’s had a slow start.

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Unfortunately, the word out of bengals camp is that he’s not quite where he was last year. Could be mental. But he’s had a slow start.

That is unfortunate. I hate to see any athlete's career derailed or limited because of injury - especially those with really promising careers. I wish him the best and, hopefully, he will get back to where he was.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

That is unfortunate. I hate to see any athlete's career derailed or limited because of injury - especially those with really promising careers. I wish him the best and, hopefully, he will get back to where he was.

usually all the hype around #1 overall picks and instant comparing to the "the leagues next Brady" leaves me a little jaded by the time the draft rolls around but never got that with Burrow, seems like a great dude and Cinci has spent enough time in the basement. Hoping he looks great this year and can turn that franchise around!

Edited by BillsShredder83
  • Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Me too, I’m rooting for him. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, KGun12TD said:

I think Zach Wilson cause you know it’s the Jests. I can see Trevor Lawrence struggle cause I don’t think Urban Mayer will make it in the NFL IMHO.

I agree on Trevor Lawrence Between Urb adjusting to the NFL and his Oline is terrible... the first string line was getting worked by browns backups not a good look.

As far as the others Wilson looked super comfortable and made some really good 3rd down throws.  its still Really, really , really early to be able to make a judgement on these guys.

• Like (+1) 1