Training Camp media and practice 8/11

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, RochesterLifer said:

While McDermott isn't (he's a good leader) throwing anybody under the bus, the only sentence that matters is, "...they've all still got work to do".

Boettger has been the worst per reports which may be related to him missing time with covid 

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Glad to see McD not putting many of the starters out there Friday. I agree 100%

5 minutes ago, RochesterLifer said:

While McDermott isn't (he's a good leader) throwing anybody under the bus, the only sentence that matters is, "...they've all still got work to do".

Yup. Think Ford has been struggling so far from what it sounds like. Not sure if Boettger has been a little better or not. But hope Ford gets it together soon.

25 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Anyone else feel like pulling their hair out when John Wawrow asks a 10 minute long question in press conferences?

Yeah, I do.  I think the player or coach giving the presser has a similar reaction, judging by subtle facial cues.

I have mad respect for @john wawrow as a journalist but I wish he'd take himself back to basics (practice recording his asks and listening to the recordings) and get himself out of this "rambling man" question mode.  It's the question equivalent of taking a Zoom presser in his bathrobe or similarly unkempt.

27 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Did he give any specifics on which starters would sit, besides Josh?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yeah, I do.  I think the player or coach giving the presser has a similar reaction, judging by subtle facial cues.

I have mad respect for @john wawrow as a journalist but I wish he'd take himself back to basics (practice recording his asks and listening to the recordings) and get himself out of this "rambling man" question mode.  It's the question equivalent of taking a Zoom presser in his bathrobe.

Agreed on all points.  It's the same thing that drives me insane about Chris Brown -- who by the way is nowhere near the journalist Wawrow is.

18 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Glad to see McD not putting many of the starters out there Friday. I agree 100%

Yup. Think Ford has been struggling so far from what it sounds like. Not sure if Boettger has been a little better or not. But hope Ford gets it together soon.

Podcast I listed to yesterday (parrino/talbot) seemed very positive on Ford, that he looked good

11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I have mad respect for @john wawrow as a journalist but I wish he'd take himself back to basics (practice recording his asks and listening to the recordings) and get himself out of this "rambling man" question mode.  It's the question equivalent of taking a Zoom presser in his bathrobe.

Did he give any specifics on which starters would sit, besides Josh?

No I don’t think so 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Hopefully Trubisky looks really good in preseason. If he signs a nice contract next year we could get a good comp pick back. I'm not usually a comp pick obsessionist but at this stage of our team building we should start getting those.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Anyone else feel like pulling their hair out when John Wawrow asks a 10 minute long question in press conferences?

Man, Chris Brown used to be the worst with that.  He'd ask this long question where he basically answered the question himself, and then end with a "do you agree?"

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Man, Chris Brown used to be the worst with that.  He'd ask this long question where he basically answered the question himself, and then end with a "do you agree?"

LOL look six posts above yours.

• Haha (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Watching Bills training camp on NFL Network right now, 10:16 EST.

I been trying to catch that for a few days now....does anyone know what the sequencing/slotting of the teams is?  They had what seemed like a 30 minute Cowpokies blurb followed by a short Jacksonville and short someone else......just wondering if anyone knows how they plan it out??