Jerry Hughes finally activated

He was the best pass rusher on the team with little camp and no preseason last year.  The less he does now the better they are in the long run.  I'd be stunned if he dresses for any of the preseason games.  

More reps for the kids.  I'm liking the DL more with each report but will hold my breath until we see them on the field.  A capable H. Phillips and at least one emerging star from the group of DE's would let Frazier just rush four more often and let Edmunds, Milano, and Poyer drop in coverage more.  

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

He was the best pass rusher on the team with little camp and no preseason last year.  The less he does now the better they are in the long run.  I'd be stunned if he dresses for any of the preseason games.  

More reps for the kids.  I'm liking the DL more with each report but will hold my breath until we see them on the field.  A capable H. Phillips and at least one emerging star from the group of DE's would let Frazier just rush four more often and let Edmunds, Milano, and Poyer drop in coverage more.  

Speaking of emerging stars, I can’t remember hearing anything about Star. 

Has he been practicing? 

6 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Speaking of emerging stars, I can’t remember hearing anything about Star. 

Has he been practicing? 

He emerged yesterday, in the practice thread:

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2021/08/bills-star-lotulelei-explosive-in-practice-on-day-10-of-training-camp-efe-obada-continues-sack-party-8-observations.html

Edited by Rhode Island Red

Hughes is a guy that  is needed in more ways than one.. Not only is he still on top of his game , his leadership is  paramount . A few years back, he would get those "unsportsmanlike" calls , but its because he plays with heart.. All obvious observations ,  glad he is back..  

Edited by dwight in philly
  • Like (+1) 2

It wasn’t on the Bills camp tour.  Jim and Pat mentioned the two being placed on the Covid list, but it was the guys who were put on it, not Hughes.  Maybe some other show.  That show as an aside was great.  It was a little more special as it aired the day of Allen’s contract last Friday.

Im not disagreeing with the earlier post, but that means it was one of the morning shows.  They’ve had a lot of backup hosts do g the morning shows as their A teams are doing all the camps.