Training Camp Practice Monday, August 9 (10 am)

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Sal capaccio actually passed out from the heat on Saturday. 

I was there Sat and it was hot, but I definitely would not consider that day high humidity (not saying it wasn't hotter with higher humidity today) - having also lived in So Fl, it did not approach anything close to the typical late summer humidity in Fl

2 hours ago, jabu said:

All those players dealing with heat issues sounds a bit concerning with temperatures only in the 80's there. Players in the south have been training in the 90's for weeks now. It makes me wonder how are they going to deal with the heat week 2 in Miami with the 1 o'clock game time.

It won't matter.

Tua is still the Dolphins QB.

2 hours ago, nucci said:

why is it always mid-season form? Is early and late season form worse?

I'm sure most reporters are just spouting cliches without thinking about it, but I personally think this cliche makes some sense.  You'd typically expect players to show some rust and/or inexperience early in the season, and you'd also expect players to wear down some late in the season (whether due to injury or fatigue or whatever).  So "mid-season form" is where you might reasonably expect the best balance of having enough game reps to improve performance, without being so beat up that performance starts to suffer.  (Not that that always holds true of course!)

• Like (+1) 2

Good to see Dawkins back, my understanding is he's cleared his quarantine but he has to clear medical protocols and be progressed back into the workouts (what kept Boettger on the sideline for two days)

Would like to know the "non-Covid illness" though

48 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

It might have been that collision at the end of practice with Hyde yesterday...just speculation though

I'm worried about that myself.  It was a bit surprising to see Hyde going that hard in a practice, but I guess he's trying to "set the tone"

Everyone's down with "Steel sharpens Steel" until someone gets stabbed

• Agree 1

The only "injury" I'm concerned about at this point is Dawkins.  He clearly had enough of a reaction to Covid that it has kept him from participating for multiple weeks.  Stamina, conditioning, strength could all be affected.  We have a month until the season starts but I hope he can get out there soon.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, jabu said:

All those players dealing with heat issues sounds a bit concerning with temperatures only in the 80's there. Players in the south have been training in the 90's for weeks now. It makes me wonder how are they going to deal with the heat week 2 in Miami with the 1 o'clock game time.

The heat index is supposed to be 100-105 today here... and it feels all of that or maybe I'm getting soft. I think days like today in WNY are worse than 90 in Florida.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, eball said:

The only "injury" I'm concerned about at this point is Dawkins.  He clearly had enough of a reaction to Covid that it has kept him from participating for multiple weeks.  Stamina, conditioning, strength could all be affected.  We have a month until the season starts but I hope he can get out there soon.

Dude, what is this "multiple weeks" thing?  He was reported out with Covid on July 28.  Per NFL protocol, Fri or Sat (depending on the date of his +) was the soonest he could have been back (minimum 10 days) and they had off Sunday.  We're talking a week and a half here, tops, and there's no saying he wasn't healthy enough to work out during that time.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Would like to know the "non-Covid illness" though

Could that be related to the heat but just before practice.  Like guys that didnt have enough fluids so kept them out as a precaution (maybe didnt recover well enough from saturdy)?  I feel like our training department has hit that level of sophistication.