Training Camp Practice Monday, August 9 (10 am)

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Lol, yes for sure. I honestly don’t remember though, I wasn’t being snarky. I mean I know they had defensive issues, but part of that was Milano and edmunds not playing. Didn’t recall if anyone was affected by the heat. 

Likewise, I don't remember any heat related issues in camp last year.

50 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Lol, yes for sure. I honestly don’t remember though, I wasn’t being snarky. I mean I know they had defensive issues, but part of that was Milano and edmunds not playing. Didn’t recall if anyone was affected by the heat. 

I forget which coach said it, but one coach last year said that Miami has the greatest home field advantage in sports.  Especially for those September and early October games.  They have the visitors where dark uniforms and they stand in the Miami sun and humidity.  Teams go down there and melt in the hum-did-it-ty.  Meanwhile, they wear white and have the shaded side of the field.

Edited by wjag
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Not trying to be snarky, but how hot could is possibly be in Buffalo right now?

We play in Miami, Week 2.

Buffalo's currently under a heat advisory with a heat index expected of 95 to 100 so I would guess it was legitimately hot this morning there. But Miami in September will still be a challenge without a doubt.

26 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It wasn't a super hot day IIRC. I was at that game.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, SCBills said:

You may not be aware, but it gets very hot up north. I'm in FL but I'll go to WNY in July and it is legitimately hot, even for someone accustomed to it.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Players get rests in games (Offense/defense, commercials, time outs, challenges), practice is non stop.

• Agree 1

Pay less attention to the temperature, and more to the dew point.

Dew point is the temp at which the current amount of moisture in the atmosphere will condense.

The higher the dew point, the more water vapor in the air mass.

Not always stressed by local weather folks, but far more indicative of the level of uncomfortableness.

California, Arizona and other southwest states can have temps in the mid 90's but the dew point is so low it really isn't that uncomfortable. 

Dew point is a way more an accurate indicator than relative humidity.

As an aside, know which state has the highest relative humidity in the US on an annual basis?

Alaska.

WNY dew point now is 69 degrees.

Not Florida level, which can get into the stifling mid 70's, but fairly high, and quite high for that area.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Since he already missed a couple practices with a shoulder injury, that's not good

As far as Milano, I would assume that Thad surmised because he saw what could have been a blow to the head on a play, but maybe not.

I wonder if we might see vets with some physical issues like Feliciano and even Hughes being held out and eventually winding up on the PUP list.  Could be a way to help with the numbers game of the 53 man roster and keep some of the younger players and then not have to make a decision for 6 weeks.  By that time, there are likely to have been some injuries that have freed up spots.  Could allow extra time to heal and keep older players fresh for later in the season.