Training Camp Practice Monday, August 9 (10 am)

Honestly - the way they monitor these guys - the players may not have been as bothered as some data they were monitoring gave a warning and the trainers had them sit out.

The week prior to the Miami game - I remember the staff talking about extra hydration all week to get them hydrated.  It was a week of getting them ready for the temps and the humidity and then still having to give a few guys IVs to replenish the fluids.

During training camp - they are hydrating, but losing fluids everyday - so they never build up the excess.  My guess is that is what you were seeing today.  Hot and humid - taking breaks and getting off the field for protection.  Hope everyone is alright!

Contrast this back to High School ball with 2 or 3 a days in this heat and few water breaks - I can’t believe more of us didn’t collapse.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Good to see Sanders is back and picking up his connection with Allen right where he left off. I continue to believe that Sanders will be a major upgrade over John Brown.

Oh he is he was arguably the Niners best receiver two years ago and he was the Saints best receiver last year 

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Not trying to be snarky, but how hot could is possibly be in Buffalo right now?

We play in Miami, Week 2.

You're right, but acclimation is a thing. Some heat in August is good, particularly if they need to go South in September, which they do.

3 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Oh he is he was arguably the Niners best receiver two years ago and he was the Saints best receiver last year 

Yeah I get the concern some have with his age, but he won't be the focal point of our offense. This offense is built for elite route running and I think he is a better route runner than John Brown. With Diggs and Beasley and Sanders on the field defenses are going to have a tough time stopping one of them getting open.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

I hear Buffalo is very humid this time of year

I just got back from a week up there to the sweatshop humidity here in Carolina - is definitely a "dry" heat in comparison

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Not for nothing...

Today 2:25PM

MIAMI

TODAY MON 08/09 HIGH 88 °F

15% Precip. / 0.00 in
Sun and clouds mixed. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High 88F. Winds E at 10 to 15 mph.

ROCHESTER

TODAY MON 08/09 HIGH 91 °F

3% Precip. / 0.00 in
A mix of clouds and sun. High near 90F. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph.

33 minutes ago, First Round Bust said:

good learning lesson to likely need to hydrate more the nite before practice or esp the early-season Miami game...

I have heard the Bills trainers talk about this before - to actually be effective in hydrating for a game in Miami - they need to start 5 days before the game at minimum.  Trying to do it the night before can actually cause more problems because your body will eliminate most of the excess water and create a potential net loss.

They give the guys individual plans - on how much to drink and to spread it out so that they maintain fluid levels as much as possible - even with that - they still get guys going down with cramps and needing IVs.

The worse thing is to plan or practice at one temp and then get these super hot/humid days sort of by surprise and they have not got the added hydration plan in place - I think that was what today was - Hot following their Saturday practice in the stadium - where the turf makes it worse.

Just now, Rochesterfan said:

I have heard the Bills trainers talk about this before - to actually be effective in hydrating for a game in Miami - they need to start 5 days before the game at minimum.  Trying to do it the night before can actually cause more problems because your body will eliminate most of the excess water and create a potential net loss.

They give the guys individual plans - on how much to drink and to spread it out so that they maintain fluid levels as much as possible - even with that - they still get guys going down with cramps and needing IVs.

The worse thing is to plan or practice at one temp and then get these super hot/humid days sort of by surprise and they have not got the added hydration plan in place - I think that was what today was - Hot following their Saturday practice in the stadium - where the turf makes it worse.

Sal capaccio actually passed out from the heat on Saturday. 

• Like (+1) 1