Any interest in C J Henderson?

CB2  is the one weak link in our defense relative to other positions. A talent like him doesn’t become available often. He can play man and zone. Apparently Urban Mayer and he cannot get along.

After the Diggs trade experience, I have become a lot more receptive to these opportunities. With our draft positions going forward, we are unlikely to get top 10 talent anyway.

And he will still be on a cost controlled rookie contract for three more years with even the signing bonus paid off.

as stated in the thread for around the league news, he's a headcase. He's been missing practices and a scrimmage. He has a lot of mental problems that he's dealing with which is why he is 'available'. 

I know people think the Bills are magic now, but it's not likely he's going to instantly resolve that sort of depression by changing teams. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

STOP IT ALREADY!!!!!

Levi is SOLID CB2!!

Where do people come up with this stuff? 

He is not bad I agree. In fact, he might probably be our best value for money player right now.

But he does have his limitations. He does not have blazing speed - so guys like Tyreek Hill can take him if they get him on an island. Henderson’s calling card is speed. Having a CB rotation of Levi, Henderson and Tre will put us over the top.

15 minutes ago, BeastMode54 said:

cost would be too much

what is too much? I would be OK with a second which becomes a conditional first. And we do have surplus DEs to trade one to the Jags.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Doc said:

If they're looking to trade him after a year, it means he sucks.

Not entirely.

1. It is also a function of surplus at the position. They gave big dollars to Shaquille Griffin and drafted Campbell, whose calling card is also speed.
2. A new regime in a rebuilding situation wants draft picks. They are not wedded to the previous regime’s picks.

3. The head case thing is overblown. Henderson was in the COVID list - so has not been able to practice.
4. Urban Mayer has pissed a lot of Jag players with his college practice habits - whoever heard of publicly announcing head to head winners in an NFL training camp. Guys have begun to chafe under his practice habits already.

8 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Top 10 pick from a year ago and the team is looking to trade and move on. That's a major major red flag

11 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Missed half of last season. Didn’t play all that great the other half. If they will take a late round pick for him fine. Otherwise, what has he shown as a pro so far to warrant a high price?

You only need to watch one game to know what he can do. Opening game of 2020 season - watch him go against Rivers and the Colts - the same Rivers who nearly carved us up in the playoffs. His fit for the 4-3 or 4-2-5 Bills defense is just too great. With the always solid Hyde / Poyer behind him, he can really gamble and make his share of game changing plays which is what we missed last year.

And Dane Jackson has not really met expectations in TC, has he?

Edited by IgotBILLStopay
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

You only need to watch one game to know what he can do. Opening game of 2020 season - watch him go against Rivers and the Colts - the same Rivers who nearly carved us up in the playoffs. His fit for the 4-3 or 4-2-5 Bills defense is just too great. 

And Dane Jackson has not really met expectations in TC, has he?

Well no I would not need to watch just one game. Need a larger sample size than that. And if he really is that lights out as you claim after seeing him in a couple of games, the question remains why are the Jags eager to ship him away? Maybe it is just a factor of the regime change in Jax, maybe not.

As for Jackson, I really don’t have any high expectations of him as a very late draft pick. And even if I did, well, see above on sample size. He hasn’t played nearly enough for me to make a judgment about his meeting any expectations.

but your grand football mind seems capable of making snap judgments on players whilst watching from your couch, so you tell us.

If a player is available a year after being drafted in the top 10, then something is very wrong. Josh Rosen is the only other player I remember this happening to and now he's on his 4th team in as many years. If Henderson has a terrible attitude, then it's not worth hurting our locker room for a guy who didn't even look good as a rookie.

• Like (+1) 1

You don’t trade high picks unless you know what you’re getting back. 
It’s not like they’re gonna unload him for a 6th rounder or something. 
It’s likely they’ll be looking for players cut later on who they feel will accept coaching and get better. 
If CB2 is a big need during the season then expect buffalo possibly to be active around the trade deadline. 

1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

as stated in the thread for around the league news, he's a headcase. He's been missing practices and a scrimmage. He has a lot of mental problems that he's dealing with which is why he is 'available'. 

I know people think the Bills are magic now, but it's not likely he's going to instantly resolve that sort of depression by changing teams. 

Interesting.  I hadn’t heard that.  Without knowing that, I would’ve loved to throw a 2nd rd pick for him.  If you know this info, one would think that most gms would as well?  Idk. Could push his value down.  But would we even want a talented malcontent?   Probably not.