2022 HOF First Time Eligibles

This is a class of very good players. I don't see a first ballot player. I think 3-5 will get in at some point, but I don't see one player that screams out as one of the most elite to ever play their position.

I believe the most deserving offensive player is Steve Smith. He was his generation's Tyreek Hill as an undersized, speedy, tough, and electric player to watch.

DeMarcus Ware was elite/near elite for about 6-7 years at a hybrid DE/LB. I can see him getting in.

Wilfork may get in because of Goodell's love affair with the Patriots, and he was an defensive anchor on title teams.

Again, I don't think these 3 get in the first year, but these 3 I believe have the strongest case to eventually don the Gold Jacket.

Edited by Wizard
  • Like (+1) 2

Steve Smith.   

perhaps Wilfork. 

4 minutes ago, Wizard said:

This is a class of very good players. I think a few will get in, but I don't see one player that screams out as one of the most elite to ever play their position.

I believe the most deserving offensive player is Steve Smith. He was his generation's Tyreek Hill as an undersized, speedy, tough, and electric player to watch.

DeMarcus Ware was elite/near elite for about 6-7 years at a hybrid DE/LB. I can see him getting in.

Wilfork may get in because of Goodell's love affair with the Patriots, and he was an defensive anchor on title teams.

Those would be the 3 I could see getting in. All others were solid players, especially Boldin, but I think they come up short or wait awhile.

Agree on Smith.  He was also a tough guy and good blocker I believe. 

2 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

It's weird because Romo has better stats than some in the HOF do

Because of the era he played in and he always had a lot of offensive talent with him.

But man, I just never felt like Romo was a HOF QB when he was playing. He was a solid QB, just not a great QB.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

Steve Smith.   

perhaps Wilfork. 

Agree on Smith.  He was also a tough guy and good blocker I believe. 

If Wilfork then Ted Washington should've been in a while ago. 

I've seen all these players play. The Hall used to mean a lot for me as a fan but not anymore. It's still the greatest honor. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Agree 3

Are we seriously considering Tony Romo a HOFer?  If he gets in you better open the doors to guys like McNabb, Carson Palmer, Joe Flacco, Kerry Collins, Matthew Stafford, and Andy Dalton.  Sound crazy?  They've all had similar careers to ole Tony.  A couple of them even won Super Bowls.  I know he is on TV alot and is a former Cowboy, but he was just good he was never great.  

Had he played more than 12 years he may even of had to take the Dalton or Flacco route as he would have ended up Daks backup.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1