RIP Bobby Bowden

RaoulDuke79

2 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

He once said that on his tombstone it would read, "Couldn't beat Miami".

RIP Coach :cry:

That was some fun football back in the day. As a Hurricanes fan, it's sad to see how far they have fallen. FSU probably feels the same way aside from the Jimbo Fisher/Winston stint.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

That was some fun football back in the day. As a Hurricanes fan, it's sad to see how far they have fallen. FSU probably feels the same way aside from the Jimbo Fisher/Winston stint.

They were intense games. It was personal.

I concur that it is sad, if not unbelievable, that both of these programs have fallen the way they have.

On 8/8/2021 at 4:06 PM, RaoulDuke79 said:

So true, sports are better when certain teams are good.  I always said College Football was at it's best when Florida ST & Miami occupied the top 5 year in & year out.  Those games were epic and were must see TV when they played.  It was great seeing those games in the old Orange Bowl.  I went to a game in the Orange Bowl the last season it was open.  They played Virginia Tech.  Hard to describe but as soon as you walked in to that place you could feel the history.  Rickety old stadium, we sat in the upperdecks and I got to tell you I didnt feel really safe up there.  Felt like the whole place could come crumbling down at any minute.  Historic place though and it was loud.   I can't even imagine how loud it got at some of those FSU games, or the game where they played Nebraska for the National Championship when Schnellenberger was there.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Gordio said:

So true, sports are better when certain teams are good.   I always said College Football was at it's best when Florida ST & Miami occupied the top 5 year in & year out.  Those games were epic and were must see TV when they played.  It was great seeing those games in the old Orange Bowl.  I went to a game in the Orange Bowl the last season it was open.  They played Virginia Tech.  Hard to describe but as soon as you walked in to that place you could feel the history.  Rickety old stadium, we sat in the upperdecks and I got to tell you I didnt feel really safe up there.  Felt like the whole place could come crumbling down at any minute.  Historic place though and it was loud.   I can't even imagine how loud it got at some of those FSU games, or the game where they played Nebraska for the National Championship when Schnellenberger was there.  

Agreed that sports are better when certain teams are good. Even now, I will watch a Florida State or Miami game before I watch a Clemson or Oregon game.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.