Levi locking down CB2?

I do not think Richard Sherman's head will be in NFL with at least 2 indictments under review in court and police looking at evidence on a third with more court appointments coming up.

His best bet is to stay in shape, out of further trouble and sign for a team which loses a starter once issues are at least "waiting for court" state.

• Like (+1) 1

No surprises here. 

Based on last years time split, the lack of serious attention to CB in the draft/free agency, and the focus on improving up front, I truly think they believe their scheme is going to get the job done. 

you can’t have all-pro players at every position, and I think Levi, while likely to still concede snacks to Jackson, will be serviceable. 

let’s just put it this way, if we lose the super bowl, AFC title game, or even any playoff game, I don’t think it’ll be because Levi Wallace was still CB2

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Who cares Sherman got drunk and acted a fool. He didn't physically hurt not one human being and not even any one lies car. Odds of anything close happening again in the last few seasons of his career are slim to none. 

His intensity and leadership are something I believe our defense can benefit immensely from. Kinda like the Jish Norman pick up on steroids. He's a guy who will be much more of a solid player than a liability on the field and undoubtedly provide a few flash/splash plays this season.

Sign me up!

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I suspect the Bills will be in the market for competition to add to that group yet this preseason via trade or UFA.

Jackson looked dynamic at times last year but his injury history alone made it a gamble to bank on him.

DT, OT and PR/KR may possibly be upgraded via trade or signing as well.

The 3rd string at those positions don't seem near competing for snaps with the reserves............and the reserves aren't exactly standing out.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea, corner is a super thin position for them…. Strange considering it’s a passing league with the top AFC opponents are all loaded at WR/TE.

Be nice if they came out of the preseason with some upside potential and years of control in the reserve groups that have been underwhelming.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Regular season they’ll be fine, but come playoff time I suspect it will become a bit of an issue against the top teams…. Especially if the pass rush is nullified by a strong offensive line.

I see you point. But that’s where McD and Frazier earn their keep. As much as we focus on the player v player match-up, I don’t think it’s stressed enough how imperative it is that the game plan, play calling and personnel decisions put players in a position to do what they do best. 

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable

Personally I never had this as an even competition. Dane was always a long shot. A 2nd year player taken in the 7th round with fewer than 200 NFL snaps to his name was going to have to pull a major upset to beat out a guy like Levi who has been a starter for 2 and a half years, who knows the system and has the coaches trust. 

I still expect them to add a vet corner to the mix too at some point before the season either in a trade or post cutdowns. Dane as the senior backup outside corner still feels like an unnecessary risk to me unless he is smashing it in camp (which it sounds like he is not). 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Personally I never had this as an even competition. Dane was always a long shot. A 2nd year player taken in the 7th round with fewer than 200 NFL snaps to his name was going to have to pull a major upset to beat out a guy like Levi who has been a starter for 2 and a half years, who knows the system and has the coaches trust. 

I still expect them to add a vet corner to the mix too at some point before the season either in a trade or post cutdowns. Dane as the senior backup outside corner still feels like an unnecessary risk to me unless he is smashing it in camp (which it sounds like he is not). 

Don't give up on Dane yet.  Remember, the aforementioned Josh Norman, who had very similar combine numbers to Dane, in his sophomore season was the 3rd corner for the 2013 Panthers before messing up on a key play later in that season and getting benched by Rivera till the next training camp.  It wasn't until his 3rd season that things really started to click.  If Dane continues to do his homework and bust his tail in practice, absorbing everything he can from one of the best in the biz in White, he may pan out yet.

3 minutes ago, TailgateChef said:

Don't give up on Dane yet.  Remember, the aforementioned Josh Norman, who had very similar combine numbers to Dane, in his sophomore season was the 3rd corner for the 2013 Panthers before messing up on a key play later in that season and getting benched by Rivera till the next training camp.  It wasn't until his 3rd season that things really started to click.  If Dane continues to do his homework and bust his tail in practice, absorbing everything he can from one of the best in the biz in White, he may pan out yet.

I wasn't suggesting I was giving up on him. I was suggesting he was always a long shot to win the job from Levi this summer and the Bills might wanna have an insurance policy vet around. If Tre went down tomorrow our starting corner situation is a serious concern.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I wasn't suggesting I was giving up on him. I was suggesting he was always a long shot to win the job from Levi this summer and the Bills might wanna have an insurance policy vet around. If Tre went down tomorrow our starting corner situation is a serious concern.

On that we're agreed.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JoPoy88 said:

not surprised. Every year they throw people at him to take his job and he beats them out. Levi is a baller.

Maybe if they  actually bring some good competition at CB2 and Levi beats them out will call him a baller 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1