$18,592,335.77

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m not the one who called this greed. If I recall, you did. I asked why you defined it as ‘greed’. The market determines what you and I are paid for our services just like it does in the NFL. No matter how much I’ve made in my life I’ve never defined anyone else as greedy. It has really negative connotations…which I’m guessing is how you intended it. Is Josh Allen a greedy kid? Nope! He’s getting paid exactly what his profession is ABLE to pay him. Nothing more and nothing less. When people stop going to games and/or watching the NFL on television, he’ll get paid less. For example, NHL players get paid way less, as do minor league baseball players. Why? Simple. Because less people are willing to pay top dollar to watch them.

Whatever man....I called the owners greedy not Josh.  And you know as well as I there will be no way Josh is getting paid less unless he is 40 something and in his last contract.....peace out dude.

1 minute ago, Kwai San said:

Whatever man....I called the owners greedy not Josh.  And you know as well as I there will be no way Josh is getting paid less unless he is 40 something and in his last contract.....peace out dude.

And back at you. The Pegulas just paid $1.5 BILLION so you could be on this message board. Are they greedy? There are literally billions of people in the world who’d define you as greedy. It’s all relative.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

And back at you. The Pegulas just paid $1.5 BILLION so you could be on this message board. Are they greedy? There are literally billions of people in the world who’d define you as greedy. It’s all relative.

Go Bills!

Go Bills indeed.  Not for nothing both you and I were on this board LOOOOONG B4 the Pegs.  And yeah I would call the Pegs a bit greedy in that they want NYS to cough up the entire dime for the new stadium - now b4 u lose it I realize it is all negotiations and what not.  It is still greed...somehow I doubt billions would call me greedy tho....kinda a cool thought but not reality.  Millions yes....Billions no.

1 minute ago, Kwai San said:

Go Bills indeed.  Not for nothing both you and I were on this board LOOOOONG B4 the Pegs.  And yeah I would call the Pegs a bit greedy in that they want NYS to cough up the entire dime for the new stadium - now b4 u lose it I realize it is all negotiations and what not.  It is still greed...somehow I doubt billions would call me greedy tho....kinda a cool thought but not reality.  Millions yes....Billions no.

There are billions of humans who don’t get three meals a day. I’m guessing you do. Again, not trying to be butthead but I it bugs me when people think they’ll change when their income level increases. The Pegulas didn’t make their money by throwing it away. The Buffalo Bills are a business investment…pure and simple. 

On 8/7/2021 at 1:46 PM, Dr.Sack said:

Are players ever involved in stadium financing?

Sort of. The salary cap is set each year by what the CBA refers to as "AR," or All Revenue. Basically they add up all the money the league takes in and then the players get 49.5% (or something) of that.

But the AR figure used to set the cap isn't really every dollar the league takes in. There are deductions made to the AR figure before the players get their percentage. One of the biggest deductions is called the Stadium Credit.

What the Stadium Credit boils down to is, any time the NFL gives what's known as a G-4 loan (it's called a loan but it's really free money from the owners to team building the new stadium) to a team building a new stadium or performing upgrades, the league receives a Stadium Credit. The CBA states the Stadium Credit can't be over 1.5% of the AR figure. But looking at league income for 2019 we see overall the league generated $15.26 billion.

So while we don't get to see the complete numbers, in a year like 2019, if there were G-4 loans given to teams, the league could have deducted almost $230 million from the AR figure before giving the players their 49.5%. If that was done in 2019 (or any other year but with different numbers), that would mean the players would have collectively given back over $110 million to go towards stadium construction.

Edited by Tuco
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 8/7/2021 at 2:10 PM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

If Jeff Bezos gave every US citizen a billion dollars, he’d still have ~200 billion left to somehow eek through life.  That’s the ***** that blows my mind.

might want to double check your math

On 8/7/2021 at 2:10 PM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

If Jeff Bezos gave every US citizen a billion dollars, he’d still have ~200 billion left to somehow eek through life.  That’s the ***** that blows my mind.

Nice sentiment, but this isn't close to accurate as has been shown numerous times in this thread I am sure.

Edited by foreboding

16 hours ago, jlgarsh said:

might want to double check your math

16 hours ago, KzooMike said:

He can give every American about $500 bucks. 

14 hours ago, foreboding said:

Nice sentiment, but this isn't close to accurate as has been shown numerous times in this thread I am sure.

14 hours ago, Chaos said:

The new math on display in this thread makes me feel as though many tax dollars have been wasted. 

@BarleyNY

Everyone, I believe the original post about the Bezos money was just a joke.  It was a play on last year's election comment by Brian Williams and another reporter on that network stating (if memory serves) that every American could be given a million dollars instead of the government assistance program.  A big deal or rather more so a subtle joke by both sides of the political spectrum was made out of the gaffaw by everybody after it happened.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

@BarleyNY

Everyone, I believe the original post about the Bezos money was just a joke.  It was a play on last year's election comment by Brian Williams and another reporter on that network stating (if memory serves) that every American could be given a million dollars instead of the government assistance program.  A big deal or rather more so a subtle joke by both sides of the political spectrum was made out of the gaffaw by everybody after it happened.

It was a comment on the amount of money being spent on the election.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/brian-williams-mocked-for-falsely-claiming-bloomberg-could-give-every-american-1-million-unacceptable-for-a-major-cable-show/

The original tweet was from a political and fashion journalist Rivas (NYTimes, Wash Post), then made into a talking point by Brian Williams (MSNBC), and Mara Gray (1619 project pulitzer prize winner. 🤣).

What makes it worse is that Rivas doubled down on her tweet, saying that Bloomberg can still give every American 1 million and not even notice.

Edited by unbillievable
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, unbillievable said:

It was a comment on the amount of money being spent on the election.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/brian-williams-mocked-for-falsely-claiming-bloomberg-could-give-every-american-1-million-unacceptable-for-a-major-cable-show/

The original tweet was from a political and fashion journalist Rivas (NYTimes, Wash Post), then made into a talking point by Brian Williams (MSNBC), and Mara Gray (1619 project pulitzer prize winner. 🤣).

What makes it worse is that Rivas doubled down on her tweet, saying that Bloomberg can still give every American 1 million and not even notice.

Thank you, Unbill!

I knew it was a joke and callback when @Johnny Hammersticks , but then saw that it had a life of its own in the thread and I just wanted to let the folks who didn't know what this was really about.

I didn't want anyone to think Johnny couldn't do the math!

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

If Josh Allen had 100,000 Slim Jims, he could give every Bills fan in the lower bowl a small bite and also have enough delicious meat sticks left over to hand out to trick or treaters for the duration of his contract.  My math is spot on.  Used an Abacus.

What is the multiplier if Old Trapper is used

4 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

If Josh Allen had 100,000 Slim Jims, he could give every Bills fan in the lower bowl a small bite and also have enough delicious meat sticks left over to hand out to trick or treaters for the duration of his contract.  My math is spot on.  Used an Abacus.

mmmmm, meat.

11 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

@BarleyNY

Wait—so we’re not getting any of Jeff Billion’s Bezos?  

I’m 5 pages into this mo’fo, this is &*&&* *&$&*. 

• Haha (+1) 1