$18,592,335.77

27 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

If josh Allen gave every bills fan a billion dollar he could still afford to build a dome stadium downtown with enough parking to tailgate for everyone in New York 

am I mathing right?  We will never know!

Were you in the same math class as @Draconator in high school? You two might just hit it off!  :)

I kid! In fact, I once had to take a series of tests as part of a management succession program. They told me all the things I was good at, then mentioned I should keep a calculator with me at all times! Math was not atop the list of my strengths. 

7 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

TV and greed......

You missed table sales.  :)

• Haha (+1) 3

First thing Monday morning I'm going into my manager's office in my Josh Allen jersey, picking up the picture of his family from his desk and throwing it, football style, out of the window. Then I'm going to mimic one of Josh's TD celebrations and demand a contract comparable with that of Allen's. 

• Haha (+1) 3

9 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

$.86 a gallon.

Now it’s $1.75 for air and the freaking machine takes credit cards  

4 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

First thing Monday morning I'm going into my manager's office in my Josh Allen jersey, picking up the picture of his family from his desk and throwing it, football style, out of the window. Then I'm going to mimic one of Josh's TD celebrations and demand a contract comparable with that of Allen's. 

Let me know how that works out before I order a Josh Allen jersey 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

He got about an 800% pay raise.  So if they raise your pay that much, you could consider that comparable.  

9 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

If Jeff Bezos gave every US citizen a billion dollars, he’d still have ~200 billion left to somehow eek through life.  That’s the ***** that blows my mind.

Sorry, but your math is way off. That number is so big there is not even a name for it. That would mean he is worth is 3.5 E+17

He has enough $ to give every US citizen around $575.00

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

That is the 2021 value of Jim Kelly’s NFL record setting 1986 7.5 million dollar contract when he first came to the Bills.

Crazy, huh?  We are not even talking about an inflationary change, but rather exponential change in the value of a product over time that just could not have been foreseen.

if I could go back in time, and meet up with Jim Kelly before he signed that deal in 1986, I would be like…

“Jim, good tidings. I am here from the future to guide you on your contract.”

Jim: “Why are you wearing a sparkling coat, weird tie and crazy sunglasses?”

Me: “I am trying to channel my inner Rufus from the movie Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure.”

Jim: “What movie is that?”

keep up because you are a moron if you don’t know by now who is talking in this back and forth: “We really don’t have time for this right now and I should have thought about it further…like maybe a long scarf and oversized fedora and coming out of a police Bobby box.  You need to ask for more money.  A lot more.”

”How much?”

”whoa, I mean given the 2021 value of the league and tv contracts going into the future, the value of the deal a young man you will meet in the future but who hasn’t even been born yet is going to be worth, in your dollars…a little north of $104,000,000.”

”…middle-aged bald slightly heavy set man, I am going to drink my can of Teem, finish my fondu for lunch and then I am going to kick your ass if you don’t leave here right now.”

At which time I will go see my parents from afar, who were still alive at the time and try and find away to warn them about cancer and leukemia…let’s be honest that should probably be my first stop.

All that aside..whew, the times they are a changin’, amirite?

Love ya d2d but your little chat with Kelly would have prevented him from ever playing for the Bills. No way Ralph would pony up that kind of scratch for anybody. Instead, he'd be turning over couch cushions to sign Stan Gelbaugh. Break your crazy time machine, stay in the present, and keep your damn mouth shut! :devil: :beer:

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

At which time I will go see my parents from afar, who were still alive at the time and try and find away to warn them about cancer and leukemia…let’s be honest that should probably be my first stop.

No! You’re 1st step is acknowledging you have a problem!

• Haha (+1) 2

6 hours ago, ExWNYer said:

Love ya d2d but your little chat with Kelly would have prevented him from ever playing for the Bills. No way Ralph would pony up that kind of scratch for anybody. Instead, he'd be turning over couch cushions to sign Stan Gelbaugh. Break your crazy time machine, stay in the present, and keep your damn mouth shut! :devil: :beer:

No, no, no, though Ex.  That is the beauty of it.  HE DIDN'T BELIEVE ME!

We dodged a bullet with that one. 

Now, about that going back to tell Saint Louis to draft Brady in the fifth round. 

• Haha (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

If Jeff Bezos gave every US citizen a billion dollars, he’d still have ~200 billion left to somehow eek through life.  That’s the ***** that blows my mind.

That’s not even close to true.  He’s worth $193B and there are around 330 million us citizens.  He could give everyone $584 and have nothing left. 

9 hours ago, ticketssince61 said:

Sorry, but your math is way off. That number is so big there is not even a name for it. That would mean he is worth is 3.5 E+17

He has enough $ to give every US citizen around $575.00

You beat me to it 

• Haha (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

wth. lol. that's not true. 

Bezos/Net worth

193.3 billion USD

he would have to accumulate or earn another 7 billion before he could give ZERO Americans a billion dollars to then be left with 200.3 billion.

If you meant 1 million. He would need 331 trillion and be left with ZERO money for himself.

If you meant just $1000 he would need 331 billion and be left with zero money for himself.

🤷‍♀️

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kwai San said:

NFL owners desire to make more more more more more more drives up the prices for everything TV, concessions, tix prices etc etc

OK? And you’d like to want less, less, less and less? Is that what you tell your boss at your annual evaluation? Or..are you ‘greedy’ and asking for that pesky raise? 

2 hours ago, cba fan said:

wth. lol. that's not true. 

Bezos/Net worth

193.3 billion USD

he would have to accumulate or earn another 7 billion before he could give ZERO Americans a billion dollars to then be left with 200.3 billion.

If you meant 1 million. He would need 331 trillion and be left with ZERO money for himself.

If you meant just $1000 he would need 331 billion and be left with zero money for himself.

🤷‍♀️

It was a joke.  There was this thing on Facebook...

Ah never mind 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

OK? And you’d like to want less, less, less and less? Is that what you tell your boss at your annual evaluation? Or..are you ‘greedy’ and asking for that pesky raise? 

You are totally distorting this......I do not arrive at a county/state office and demand that I am given millions of millions of "free" $$$.  I do not hold TV networks in a bidding war against each other.....

I am newly retired (58) and I was compensated justly therefore no reason for me to ask for raises.  I was recognized as a valuable employee and was rewarded so.  Your argument is just that an argument.  Why argue?  Life is short.

15 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

You are totally distorting this......I do not arrive at a county/state office and demand that I am given millions of millions of "free" $$$.  I do not hold TV networks in a bidding war against each other.....

I am newly retired (58) and I was compensated justly therefore no reason for me to ask for raises.  I was recognized as a valuable employee and was rewarded so.  Your argument is just that an argument.  Why argue?  Life is short.

I’m not the one who called this greed. If I recall, you did. I asked why you defined it as ‘greed’. The market determines what you and I are paid for our services just like it does in the NFL. No matter how much I’ve made in my life I’ve never defined anyone else as greedy. It has really negative connotations…which I’m guessing is how you intended it. Is Josh Allen a greedy kid? Nope! He’s getting paid exactly what his profession is ABLE to pay him. Nothing more and nothing less. When people stop going to games and/or watching the NFL on television, he’ll get paid less. For example, NHL players get paid way less, as do minor league baseball players. Why? Simple. Because less people are willing to pay top dollar to watch them.