$18,592,335.77

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

If Jeff Bezos gave every US citizen a billion dollars, he’d still have ~200 billion left to somehow eek through life.  That’s the ***** that blows my mind.

Really makes you think man. Like, wow man wow….

12 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

My goodness, Gugny, using inflation from 1994, how many people did he kill in 2021 terms?!

Dude, the laugh emoji wasn't enough.  This literally made me laugh out loud!  LMFAO!!!

• Like (+1) 1

If Jeff Bezos gave every US citizen a billion dollars, he’d still have ~200 billion left to somehow eek through life.  That’s the ***** that blows my mind.

I think you need a new calculator.  With a current net worth of about $200 billion he could give 200 people $1 billion and then be penny less. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

You might want to check your math… 

Bezos’ net worth is $195 Billion, so I don’t think  he has enough to give $1 Billion to each of the 320 Million Americans. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

42 minutes ago, Forward Progress said:

Bezos’ net worth is $195 Billion, so I don’t think  he has enough to give $1 Billion to each of the 320 Million Americans. 

Bezos’ published net worth doesn’t consider his collection of rare Beanie Babies, so joke’s on you bud.

I actually meant give every US citizen a million, not billion, so it was a typo.  My fault.  Still staggering even though my math is rough. 🤷🏾‍♂️

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

well seeing as he’s only worth about $200 billion… 🤣

3 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

That is the 2021 value of Jim Kelly’s NFL record setting 1986 7.5 million dollar contract when he first came to the Bills.

Crazy, huh?  We are not even talking about an inflationary change, but rather exponential change in the value of a product over time that just could not have been foreseen.

if I could go back in time, and meet up with Jim Kelly before he signed that deal in 1986, I would be like…

“Jim, good tidings. I am here from the future to guide you on your contract.”

Jim: “Why are you wearing a sparkling coat, weird tie and crazy sunglasses?”

Me: “I am trying to channel my inner Rufus from the movie Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure.”

Jim: “What movie is that?”

keep up because you are a moron if you don’t know by now who is talking in this back and forth: “We really don’t have time for this right now and I should have thought about it further…like maybe a long scarf and oversized fedora and coming out of a police Bobby box.  You need to ask for more money.  A lot more.”

”How much?”

”whoa, I mean given the 2021 value of the league and tv contracts going into the future, the value of the deal a young man you will meet in the future but who hasn’t even been born yet is going to be worth, in your dollars…a little north of $104,000,000.”

”…middle-aged bald slightly heavy set man, I am going to drink my can of Teem, finish my fondu for lunch and then I am going to kick your ass if you don’t leave here right now.”

At which time I will go see my parents from afar, who were still alive at the time and try and find away to warn them about cancer and leukemia…let’s be honest that should probably be my first stop.

All that aside..whew, the times they are a changin’, amirite?

Donuts, have you been watching this again?

On shrooms!

• Haha (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Bezos’ published net worth doesn’t consider his collection of rare Beanie Babies, so joke’s on you bud.

I actually meant give every US citizen a million, not billion, so it was a typo.  My fault.  Still staggering even though my math is rough. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Your math is still wrong.

By several orders of magnitude.

What changed that made the NFL so much more valuable?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, unbillievable said:

Your math is still wrong.

By several orders of magnitude.

53 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

well seeing as he’s only worth about $200 billion… 🤣

1 hour ago, Forward Progress said:

..and here we have the "Someone is wrong on the internet and I absolutely MUST correct them so badly that I overlook the obvious joke" brigade.

Let us have a moment of silence for our brothers who must live with being themselves for the rest of their lives.

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

..and here we have the "Someone is wrong on the internet and I absolutely MUST correct them so badly that I overlook the obvious joke" brigade.

Let us have a moment of silence for our brothers who must live with being themselves for the rest of their lives.

That joke was on social media and people took it seriously, (including within this thread) to the point that MSM journalists and politicians cited it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1

3 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Are players ever involved in stadium financing?

They seem to be better at collecting checks than writing them! I seem to remember Kevin Garnett wanting a new $100 mil+ deal with the Timberwolves and they owner said something like “that’s more than I paid for the TEAM! It would be cheaper just to give you the team!” 

• Haha (+1) 1

If josh Allen gave every bills fan a billion dollar he could still afford to build a dome stadium downtown with enough parking to tailgate for everyone in New York 

am I mathing right?  We will never know!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1