Josh Allen: Contract extended through 2028

eball

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

This is the key Im waiting to see confirmed. All reports sound like it's a new deal starting now. Would be kinda bummed about that one small thing, but I'd get over it quick.

It's an extension.  Rookie deal is two more years (including option) then 6 more on top

Edited by One Buffalo
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

Ok. I disagree. Discussed this exact scenario with a NY based accountant. 

Don't use that accountant for your taxes unless you want to end up in jail or paying big penalties. 

"The jock tax stipulates that players must pay the relevant taxes for any states that they happen to play a game in. For example, when New England Patriots quarterback Cam Newton travels to Oakland to play the Raiders, he is responsible for paying California state taxes on the money he gets paid for that game."

https://www.sportscasting.com/how-do-taxes-work-in-the-nfl/

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I think we all know Daboll is definitely a goner after this year. My worry though is that he ends up going to Miami and helps Tua

I doubt it would be Miami. He should go to a NFC team in need of a QB and bring Trubisky with him.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

You might still think that, but that sentiment has changed in Miami.

His first year? Sure. They were tanking and he got the best out of a bad team.

But last year? It can be argued he bungled the QB situation, and then the classic "Win and In" against the Bills backups... and the backups hung 50 on him. YIKES!

He is in full on Prove It mode.

The coach coaches. We know how hard it is to find the right guy. Tua is not, IMO, the guy, and Fitz is Fitz. Time will tell, but I think he can coach, he lacks some pieces.

We all know what the most important piece is, but we don’t really know who was backing the recently chosen Tua behind the scenes. I won’t pretend to know, but I agree they DO need to get that right. 

If Flores does get canned, I doubt it’s after this season unless the wheels fall off. And that could happen! Coaches live to get fired, eventually. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Absolutely wrong.  All reports it's a 6 year extension after the 6th year option.  ALL reports.

lol, WHOA BUDDY, slow your roll there. Was just going off a couple tweets (neither Mort's nor Schefter's said extension) and why I said I'm waiting to see confirmed. Never said it was determined either way.

:beer:

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

lol, WHOA BUDDY, slow your roll there. Was just going off a couple tweets (neither Mort's nor Schefter's said extension) and why I said I'm waiting to see confirmed. Never said it was determined either way.

:beer:

I was only replying so you wouldn't have to worry.

• Thank you (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, One Buffalo said:

The social media team 🤣

Josh's getting paid more than they stole in that movie.

33 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

The leap in Minnesota got everyone excited and got our attention.

This is still the play that confirmed to me "we got our guy."

I know it's not literally one play that did it, but if you had to ask me which one it's that.  

Everything about it tells you why.  

The target (our WRs were terrible)

The pressure (worst o line in Bills history)

He takes the hit 

He never stopped looking downfield 

The Jaguars D was still very good and Ramsey called him trash that week

Release and arm strength

I still don't know how he got the ball out of there.

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

That dolphin should not feel safe.

14 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

You might still think that, but that sentiment has changed in Miami.

His first year? Sure. They were tanking and he got the best out of a bad team.

But last year? It can be argued he bungled the QB situation, and then the classic "Win and In" against the Bills backups... and the backups hung 50 on him. YIKES!

He is in full on Prove It mode.

That would be news to almost everyone who follows the Dolphins. Flores is not on the hotseat. If he fails to make the playoffs this year then he's likely on the hot seat next year, but he is absolutely safe this season barring a full on meltdown and player revolt. 

Daboll won't be replacing Flores because it is extremely unlikely he will be fired this offseason. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2