Afghanistan

2 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

I suppose you’d say the same about Iraq.  Or about Trump’s diddling in getting out of there during the four years of his presidency. 

good thing you’re typing.  It’s probably hard to speak with a mouthful of HCQ. 

Whether or not Trump did right or wrong during his time in office does not absolve Biden from taking responsibility or criticism for screwing up here.   

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Whether or not Trump did right or wrong during his time in office does not absolve Biden from taking responsibility or criticism for screwing up here.   

I don’t disagree.  But you’re complaining about lives needlessly lost on Biden’s watch.  Let’s not forget the lives squandered in Iraq, and separately in Afghanistan on Trump’s watch while he diddled. 

12 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

I don’t disagree.  But you’re complaining about lives needlessly lost on Biden’s watch.  Let’s not forget the lives squandered in Iraq, and separately in Afghanistan on Trump’s watch while he diddled. 

Oh good point. I guess that makes this failure okay then. Thanks, I feel so much better now. 

49 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Let's keep going back.  And Obama didn't diddle?  Maybe we should have gotten out during either of his terms?

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

Let's keep going back.  And Obama didn't diddle?  Maybe we should have gotten out during either of his terms?

Had to kill Osama, first.  You know

better, HCQ man.  Now, once Osama was deader than a trumper on ivermectin, it was time to go. 

Yikes....what a mess on here!

Changing the subject slightly, why does it make sense to have military bases in Germany for almost a century, or in hostile Cuba for over half a century, and not in Afghanistan?  I've not been able to figure out why Afghanistan is the one country on the planet where we cannot have a footprint.  Now....I'm not saying that we should have bases in those other countries (I'd actually prefer to close them all), but the choices that you'all are screaming at each other about seem way too limited.

• Agree 1

45 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Changing the subject slightly, why does it make sense to have military bases in Germany for almost a century, or in hostile Cuba for over half a century, and not in Afghanistan?  I've not been able to figure out why Afghanistan is the one country on the planet where we cannot have a footprint.  Now....I'm not saying that we should have bases in those other countries (I'd actually prefer to close them all), but the choices that you'all are screaming at each other about seem way too limited.

No strategic interest in Afghanistan. 

45 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

yes! The “war” was very little of the 20 year timeline. The country was stable with 2500 troops.  There hadn’t been combat fatalities in a year and a half. There’s something that still doesn’t add up about the way we got out and how. 

Maybe a deal or forced by China maybe Russia. How the whole thing occurred defied logic. And we left like $80 billion in gear as if we were surprised we actually were leaving. It’s so odd. 

• Like (+1) 1