Not thrilled the Bills face Detroit in their first preseason action…

eball

This could simply be me worrying about something I shouldn’t, but is anyone else less than enthusiastic the Bills play the “kneecap biters” in their first game?  That coach of theirs is a lunatic and in his first game as HC you can bet he’ll have his players wanting to make a name for themselves and “set the tone.”  I have visions of head shots, late hits, and somebody rolling up on our franchise’s leg.

I hope we play the starters for a series and then put them in bubble wrap.

• Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I just hope the Bills escape the preseason without injuries and for the starters to get their work in so they are ready to go by opening day. 

which is what every team and fan hopes for. 

Just now, MarkyMannn said:

The first game is all 3rd teamers usually

only 3 games this year so things could be different

Sounds a little dramatic. Can you imagine the backlash they’d receive if they were playing dirty like you described in a preseason game? 
Head shots and late hits basically means the referees are going to decimate your team all year long and you will never get a call. 
Years ago when Rex wanted to “build a bully” (I know I know, it made me throw up a little too to type that) the refs called our games extremely tight and it certainly did not help. And I can’t recall head shots and late hits from that group. I think that’s the same year jerry got a 15 yarder for slapping his own teammates head congratulating him on making a play. It’s career suicide to encourage your players to play dirty like that. 

3 minutes ago, Putin said:

Why do we even need our starters to play a single series in the preseason games ? 

I would argue that there is no real reason for the majority of the skill players to be out there until game 3.  I certainly wouldn’t risk my best players for meaningless games.  I’d roll the starting OL for 2 series or 7-8 minutes of time in game 1 and build them to just over a half for game 3, Diggs and Allen would be in the owners suite until game 3 and I’d sprinkle in Beasley and Sanders just to give MT a fair chance, but not much.  The rest of the guys are competing, so let them go out there and show it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1