Matt Barkley signs with Titans (update - Released)

19 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I have to research the Cassel game, he won and didnt throw a pass?  He must have been replaced fairly early.

I think it was a contract issue or compensation for the Tyrod trade or something. Tyrod won the starter job in TC but couldnt be the starter on opening day. Cassel was in for the opening snap - thats it I think. I have forgotten the details (I am trying hard to erase memories of 1999 - 2016) :)

Edited by IgotBILLStopay
  • Like (+1) 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • YoloinOhio changed the title to Matt Barkley signs with Titans (update - Released)
2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I'll say this for Matt Barkley....I've never seen anyone that looked like they were having more fun on an NFL sideline than he did!  He always had a smile on his face.

He was a great QB2 for Josh Allen. 

6 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Titans were just pulling a Belichick move there.  They wanted insight on our team from Barkley.  

I kind of wondered that

10 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

They want him back on the practice squad.

Do they?  I wonder if Barkley will go for it.  Even at vet minimum, he'd earn 3x more as a regular player than on the PS.  He might decide he'd rather go back to Cali and play with his kids and run 5k's or Titan (the race event, not the NFL team) or whatever he was doing.

I have been telling folks for two years he is a bottom of the barrel NFL backup. He was on the street before Buffalo signed him as their 4th Quarterback of 2018. He had the game of his life in his first week vs the Jets (mainly Daboll's doing IMO) and managed to eek two and a half years' worth of game cheques out of it. Good luck to him. He just lost a Quarterback battle to Logan Woodside who ironically was one of the guys fans here insisted 12 months ago Barkley was clearly better than. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I have been telling folks for two years he is a bottom of the barrel NFL backup. He was on the street before Buffalo signed him as their 4th Quarterback of 2018. He had the game of his life in his first week vs the Jets (mainly Daboll's doing IMO) and managed to eek two and a half years' worth of game cheques out of it. Good luck to him. He just lost a Quarterback battle to Logan Woodside who ironically was one of the guys fans here insisted 12 months ago Barkley was clearly better than. 

Doesn’t matter who it is but many fans will insist we always have the best backup in the league.