Brandon Beane wants cap space ready to go in case veteran they like becomes available

Prior to training camp, general manager Brandon Beane spoke to media to address many of the most pressing topics for the Buffalo Bills. The Bills’ current cap space was brought up, but primarily in the context of the general consensus that Buffalo may want to add to the tight end group.

Specifically, Beane was asked: “With the salary cap space that you do have available, do you foresee potentially something happening with a veteran player, perhaps adding to that position [tight end] before the start of the regular season?”

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2021/8/4/22608637/brandon-beane-wants-cap-space-ready-to-go-in-case-veteran-they-like-becomes-available-bills

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Beane always seems to be prepared for just about any situation / outcome.  At least that's how it appears from the outside - sounds like he wanted to make sure they maintained a cushion for any late training camp issue / injury / cost-cutting drop by another team.

Wonder if that plays at all into the Josh contract issue ???   The cap experts will know way better than me.

I wouldn’t rule out a player trade where the bills absorb a higher cap number, hence using any extra space Beane was referring to. I don’t mean Ertz btw… but potentially I could see Beane moving OL/DL depth in exchange for a guy who could come in and fill a specific role they want. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Prior to training camp, general manager Brandon Beane spoke to media to address many of the most pressing topics for the Buffalo Bills. The Bills’ current cap space was brought up, but primarily in the context of the general consensus that Buffalo may want to add to the tight end group.

Specifically, Beane was asked: “With the salary cap space that you do have available, do you foresee potentially something happening with a veteran player, perhaps adding to that position [tight end] before the start of the regular season?”

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2021/8/4/22608637/brandon-beane-wants-cap-space-ready-to-go-in-case-veteran-they-like-becomes-available-bills

He's talking McCaffrey I know it! I love you Beane!:wub:

Also Ertz woooooo!!

• Haha (+1) 4

12 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

He's talking McCaffrey I know it! I love you Beane!:wub:

Also Ertz woooooo!!

I’d take McCaffrey off the Panther’s hands.  They can have Addison back and a 5th rounder next year 😂

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

DT and DB are the most pressing need.

One more veteran disruptive DT and another DB.   Dane Jackson is getting beat too much for my liking and I'd like to see another DB in there at a shot a starting over Wallace.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Blainorama5 said:

Always helps to be prepared for when Ertz gets dropped by Philly....

I'm kidding, I'm kidding!

But not really. 🤪

I honestly don't think he's going to get dropped. The Iggles are going to pay him 8.5 million to be a backup on a team he wants to leave simply out of spite. Bizarre. When all the "Ertz to Buffalo" tornadoes were swirling around, I'm sure he was excited to get to play for a real contender with a MVP caliber QB as the TE1. Now he gets to play TE2 on a crap team with a crap QB who probably gets replaced by Joe Flacco by week 5.