NJ Giants brawl at training camp - Daniel Jones at bottom of the pile

13 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

They are football players and since they were kids been ingrained in them to do whatever the coach says.. 

True, and maybe it's also true that they are saying to themselves, "Did I really do that? Jump onto a pile with a guy with a red jersey under it? What the hell is wrong with me? I deserve this and so do we all. Jeez, that was stupid."

I'm willing to believe that Judge isn't a good coach, but there's too little evidence to say that so far, IMO.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Unless I see actual footage of the brawl then it didn't happen

You’re the tree in the forest guy.

2 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

True, and maybe it's also true that they are saying to themselves, "Did I really do that? Jump onto a pile with a guy with a red jersey under it? What the hell is wrong with me? I deserve this and so do we all. Jeez, that was stupid."

I'm willing to believe that Judge isn't a good coach, but there's too little evidence to say that so far, IMO.

Funny of this we’re the Bills, I honestly believe the O and D Line would be beating each other up just to get Allen out of there. Mongo would’ve gone nuts!

It’s actually a testament to our players and coaches there has been so little skirmishes amongst the guys as Sal seems to say almost daily the energy level is so high.

Supposedly the competitive practices is the usual times where fights start.  Remember two years ago when we and the Panthers mucked it up a little.

2 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Judge MAY be a terrible HC! I don’t know but IMO the punishment definitely equals the crime. Like you said the players probably agreed, and couldn’t believe how stupid they were.. after all they are all brothers. 

55 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

You’re the tree in the forest guy.

Funny of this we’re the Bills, I honestly believe the O and D Line would be beating each other up just to get Allen out of there. Mongo would’ve gone nuts!

It’s actually a testament to our players and coaches there has been so little skirmishes amongst the guys as Sal seems to say almost daily the energy level is so high.

Supposedly the competitive practices is the usual times where fights start.  Remember two years ago when we and the Panthers mucked it up a little.

The thing is, we may have had as much of a “brawl” when Ed Oliver and Spencer Brown went at it:

The differences being: 

1) Allen wasn’t involved, which is a testament to either his good sense or his teammates holding “The Franchise” out of it

2) The players evidently broke it up themselves pretty quickly.  Ed Oliver referred to it as “just a little scuffle, competition, you know” and said “we might go eat together”.  Anything the coaches had to say about it was left private.

I can’t help wondering if Joe Judge magnified and focused attention on it by his reaction vs. keeping the coaches focus on what the players are doing right

• Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I heard 'Zo Alexander talk about the Myles Garrett incident and how "all you see is red" at times like that and what really holds you back are your teammates bear hugging you and physically walking you away.

So if it were really a melee, and Josh jumped into it, I think tempers would be so hot that respect level wouldn't matter.

The difference seems to be when a couple players get into it at our training camp as has happened at least 2x now, other players step in quickly to break it up.  It's not the respect for the QB that's the difference (though, when cool headed of course you're right they respect him).  It's having player leaders at each position who act effectively to keep a lid on things.

Totally agree, but in a single team practice - tempers just should not run that high - compared to a division rival late in the season.  Guys should be able to control it to various levels.

With his competitive streak - I could see Josh jumping in and going at it and taking the situation up a notch, but again in practice these guys all seem to up the intensity without some of the crazy.  

You typically get a couple of linemen going at it or a wr/cb in single issues, but nothing this full blown.

Edited by Rochesterfan

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The thing is, we may have had as much of a “brawl” when Ed Oliver and Spencer Brown went at it:

The differences being: 

1) Allen wasn’t involved, which is a testament to either his good sense or his teammates holding “The Franchise” out of it

2) The players evidently broke it up themselves pretty quickly.  Ed Oliver referred to it as “just a little scuffle, competition, you know” and said “we might go eat together”.  Anything the coaches had to say about it was left private.

I can’t help wondering if Joe Judge magnified and focused attention on it by his reaction vs. keeping the coaches focus on what the players are doing right

Agreed on Judge’s behavior.

In a general sense I also think it could look differently from the outside for a team that’s been successful vs not. We’ve made the playoffs 3 of 4, AFCCG, etc. with McDermott vs the Giants’ recent struggles.

Edited by NobesBLO13

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The differences being: 

I think we've seen it on occasion when a scuffle breaks out in a game Josh's teammates are mindful to get out of the area.

Sounds like they need to send Engram out of town, can’t have those retaliatory type of actions, send him to WNY for a 5th, we’ll rehab him.

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Daniel Jones is such a weird QB. He is talented and a good Athlete. He will make these eye popping throws and great runs then trip over himself and fumble or throw a horrible pick

Every time I watch him I am both impressed and wondering how he is in the league 

He’s a classic example of an over drafted player with “Potential”.  He is exactly what I was afraid we got when we drafted JA.  Most end up more like Jones than reaching their potential.   I hope the kid finds it this year and does well.  The odds are against him, hope it works out for him.