Was anyone at the practice last Saturday? [mod edit: have logistical questions]

Virgil

I’m going to the practice on Saturday and had some logistic questions 

1 - What time do they open the gate to let you in?  Practice starts at 10, but I saw pics of people waiting in line at the gates 

2 - Is the field house open for the kids to play around?

3 - Is anything else setup around the stadium similar to training camp?  

I’m taking a group of 7, so any info is greatly appreciated 

1) The gates open at 9AM. I got there at about 8:40AM and had no trouble getting a good spot in the stadium. Concessions are open as soon as the gates open.

2) I did not check to see, someone else can hopefully answer this.

3) Not as far as I could tell, I just went right into the stadium and got myself a seat on the 50 yard line. Instead of entering where everyone else was going, I walked left around the stadium to the 50 yard line section. I sat about 15 rows up which gave me visibility of everything happening on the field.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to Was anyone at the practice last Saturday? [mod edit: have logistical questions]
24 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

1) The gates open at 9AM. I got there at about 8:40AM and had no trouble getting a good spot in the stadium. Concessions are open as soon as the gates open.

3) Not as far as I could tell, I just went right into the stadium and got myself a seat on the 50 yard line. Instead of entering where everyone else was going, I walked left around the stadium to the 50 yard line section. I sat about 15 rows up which gave me visibility of everything happening on the field.

That there is some GOLD info......will be a meeting spot for the TBDer's as they will be the only ones in the know......Thanks Days!  Wish I was going!

27 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This is why I love you.  Was anything happening on the field from 9a-10a? 

11 minutes ago, Virgil said:

This is why I love you.  Was anything happening on the field from 9a-10a? 

No, a few players came out early to stretch but that was all. I actually liked this set up better than St. John Fisher's, you can see everything happening on the field simultaneously. They also showed replays on the big screens at either end of the field.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

I’m jealous.  Take lots of pics and share Virg. In no particular order of course.  😇

I’ve thought about recapping the practice, but I’m not sure how much focus I’ll be able to give with 4 kids around me 

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

How was the parking situation?

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

I think we need to talk.

Sorry Daddy. 

I'm going to get a hotel Friday night so I don't have to get up early with an 8 year old and make the drive from Rochester so early.  We are going to hit up the local apparel shops for Bills stuff.  But more importantly, I'm going to take her to Gabriel's Gate Friday night.  So, I'll have that and Bar Bill within the next 30 days.  Can't wait

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

21 hours ago, 17islongenough said:

There was a few things set up near the Bills store. They had mini golf and some other things to do.   Very small compared to camp though

I was gonna mention this, Logic - I assume you already checked out the Buffalobills.com  “Training Camp” site but they have some info there.  Sounds as though the Field House is off limits, but they have a band, mini golf, inflatables etc.

Join in on the fun at the Independent Health Kid Zone, located in the West End Plaza, outside of the Team Store on 7/31, 8/7, and 9/1. Fans can enjoy performances by Stampede, take home a souvenir photo, play Bills Mini Golf, get custom airbrush tattoos and play on Buffalo Bills inflatables, all while enjoying DJ Milk.

They also have a sponsored tent with giveaways if you can stand through a debit card pitch, but check out who’s signing autographs:

Beginning at 9am on 8/7 only, stop by the Legends Stage in Labatt Scoreboard Square to meet Buffalo Bills Legends Darryl Talley ('83-'94), Antowain Smith ('97-'00), Chris Kelsay ('03-'12) and John Fina ('92-'01) for autographs and photos.

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Virgil said:

Sorry Daddy. 

I'm going to get a hotel Friday night so I don't have to get up early with an 8 year old and make the drive from Rochester so early.  We are going to hit up the local apparel shops for Bills stuff.  But more importantly, I'm going to take her to Gabriel's Gate Friday night.  So, I'll have that and Bar Bill within the next 30 days.  Can't wait

Man, Virg…GG’s back patio on a nice Friday evening.  😍

I am envious.  Enjoy, buddy.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

On 8/3/2021 at 1:29 PM, Virgil said:

I’ve thought about recapping the practice, but I’m not sure how much focus I’ll be able to give with 4 kids around me 

I think anything you give us will be just fine.  The kids certainly are far more important, so not to advise but no need for notes.  Just write whatever comes to mind once you get the kiddos down, have an adult beverage, and get a good nights sleep.  I think God would give you a dispensation from church Sunday.

Erie county does not currently have a mask mandate for private businesses. I believe this is for county buildings only according to what I read online. Worst case scenario just pack one for yourself and your kids in case it’s recommended or encouraged. I would wear one when indoors or in very crowded areas for now just to err on the side of caution.