List of Bills QBs during the Desolation

5 hours ago, Rico said:

Don’t forget:

9. Throw it out of bounds on 4th down at the end of a close game that the Bills lost. (Brain Dead Drew vs. Eagles, 2003)

I found a Bledsoe highlight vid with all his Bills TDs and it was easy to forget for a moment that he was about as bad as most of the other QBs we had during the drought. 

10 hours ago, LeviF said:

I found a Bledsoe highlight vid with all his Bills TDs and it was easy to forget for a moment that he was about as bad as most of the other QBs we had during the drought. 

He did have a great year of pitch and catch with Moulds and Price that one year...when both had 1000 yard seasons....Alas, he couldn't get wins

I'd say of the list Tyrod was probably my favorite.  Fitz had his moments but the 4th quarter INTs were always an issue here.  Tyrod was boring, it was a lot of punting but he made that shady rushing offense better.  He got sacked a lot, but he usually limited the lost yards and balanced it with more rushing yards (almost all through scrambles) and helping as a rz rushing threat.  

Tyrods 2016 game against miami when buffalo was... barely breathing playoff wise was a fantastic effort too.  Looking at the box score too - Go for the win on 4th and 2 with 4 minutes left in OT, you need the W.

Edited by dneveu

On 8/3/2021 at 11:05 AM, Damian said:

Did Billy Joe Hobert ever play?

He never started. Came in after an injury and was BRUTAL. He admitted afterwards that he didn't read the playbook and was cut right after that

13 hours ago, LeviF said:

I was in Boston when I found out we started for him and was talking smack with a cabbie.

He told me "You're excited, I get that. After 8 games you'll find out why we're glad to get rid of him".

Truly sage words

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, damj said:

He never started. Came in after an injury and was BRUTAL. He admitted afterwards that he didn't read the playbook and was cut right after that

I was in Boston when I found out we started for him and was talking smack with a cabbie.

He told me "You're excited, I get that. After 8 games you'll find out why we're glad to get rid of him".

Truly sage words

Belichick’s greatest fleece job. :thumbdown:

2 hours ago, dneveu said:

I'd say of the list Tyrod was probably my favorite.  Fitz had his moments but the 4th quarter INTs were always an issue here.  Tyrod was boring, it was a lot of punting but he made that shady rushing offense better.  He got sacked a lot, but he usually limited the lost yards and balanced it with more rushing yards (almost all through scrambles) and helping as a rz rushing threat.  

Tyrods 2016 game against miami when buffalo was... barely breathing playoff wise was a fantastic effort too.  Looking at the box score too - Go for the win on 4th and 2 with 4 minutes left in OT, you need the W.

Tyrod was my favorite. Bledsoe was objectively the best.

Tyrod is back with David Culley as his head coach. Who knows what happens with Deshaun Watson? And Davis Mills certainly isn't ready to start. It's very possible Tyrod plays and leads that tanking team to a 7-9 record or something like that. Hey, his strangely adequate play didn't destroy the Bills' rebuild after all. Maybe he'll do the same in Houston. Just not on Week 4 at Buffalo please.

(But I'm hoping he trots out on the field to a huge ovation!)

Edited by The Frankish Reich

19 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Tyrod was my favorite. Bledsoe was objectively the best.

Tyrod is back with David Culley as his head coach. Who knows what happens with Deshaun Watson? And Davis Mills certainly isn't ready to start. It's very possible Tyrod plays and leads that tanking team to a 7-9 record or something like that. Hey, his strangely adequate play didn't destroy the Bills' rebuild after all. Maybe he'll do the same in Houston. Just not on Week 4 at Buffalo please.

(But I'm hoping he trots out on the field to a huge ovation!)

I always had respect for Bledsoe though. I was at his first game in the NFL and we beat the ever-loving sh*t out of him that day. He wasn't consistent, but he sure was tough.

On 8/3/2021 at 10:21 AM, foreboding said:

I was trying to remember all the QBs who started for our team has had since Jim Kelly and before Josh Allen. The list was even longer than I thought, the number in parenthesis is the number of games started by said QB. Not far off from a QB per year since. Crazy and glad the desolation is over.

1997 Todd Collins (13) / Alex Van Pelt (3)

1998 Doug Flutie (10) / Rob Johnson (6)

1999 Doug Flutie (15) / Rob Johnson (1)

2000 Rob Johnson (11) / Doug Flutie (5)

2001 Alex Van Pelt (8) / Rob Johnson (8)

2002 Drew Bledsoe (16)

2003 Drew Bledsoe (16)

2004 Drew Bledsoe (16)

2005 J. P. Losman (8) / Kelly Holcomb (8)

2006 J. P. Losman (16)

2007 Trent Edwards (9) / J. P. Losman (7)

2008 Trent Edwards (14) / J. P. Losman (2)

2009 Ryan Fitzpatrick (8) / Trent Edwards (7) / Brian Brohm (1)

2010 Ryan Fitzpatrick (13) / Trent Edwards (2) / Brian Brohm (1)

2011 Ryan Fitzpatrick (16)

2012 Ryan Fitzpatrick (16)

2013 EJ Manuel (10) / Thad Lewis (5) / Jeff Tuel (1)

2014 Kyle Orton (12) / EJ Manuel (4)

2015 Tyrod Taylor (14) / EJ Manuel (2)

2016 Tyrod Taylor (15) / EJ Manuel (1)

2017 Tyrod Taylor (14) / Nathan Peterman (2)

I remember when Tuel was tearing it up in pre-season and some people thought he was the next Drew Brees 🤢🤮

Also, didn’t Thigpen start a few games for us? My memory is shot.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I remember when Tuel was tearing it up in pre-season and some people thought he was the next Drew Brees 🤢🤮

I don't remember thigpen, thad Lewis started one game I believe.

1 hour ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Thigpen played in 7 games for us but was never the starter. 

Career stats with Buffalo:

6/13 for 55 yards  0 TD 1 INT

• Haha (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Thigpen played in 7 games for us but was never the starter. 

Career stats with Buffalo:

6/13 for 55 yards  0 TD 1 INT

Guy was truly a Fantasy juggernaut.

54 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Thad lewis started more than 1 game

He had a great game against a decent Bengals squad. Brought them to overtime and nearly won the game. He had heart.

I remember that before Peterman's 1st start in LA there were posts across various Bills message boards, including here, where fans were talking of Peterman being so good that the Bills wouldn't have to use a draft pick on a QB and could use all those picks in the 1st & 2nd round to build the team around the latest savior, Nathan Peterman.  They clearly thought he was an upgrade from Tyrod.  My position was that I was very skeptical of Peterman & before his 1st start I started calling him Nathan Marangi.  I was at the LA game & at halftime I found a quiet spot away from the stands to call my friend Petrino & laugh at Peterman.  One game wasn't enough & he ruined another road trip for me by starting the Baltimore 2018 season opener.  I was so glad when Josh came in, in the 2nd half.  The only game he wasn't a total disaster was the snow game vs Indy that I never saw because I was in the hospital & the Bills weren't on TV in Albany that day.  For the record, it wasn't Peterman's play in LA that put me in the hospital that December.  😄

Here's a good one from the archives: 11/15/2017 - The day that changed the entire course of history for this franchise - The Stadium Wall Archives - Two Bills Drive

I found this on another board dated 11/19/2017

To: Gary Marangi
Dear Mr. Marangi, please accept my apologies for comparing Nate Peterman to you. You were a much better QB. I will never call him Nathan Marangi again, his new name is Nathan 1987 Manucci. He has now attained the status of being compared with a strike player who threw 0 TDs & 2 INTs with a 3.8 passer rating in a strike game.

Edited by Albany,n.y.