Training Camp practice 8/3: Pads come on

5 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

Is Zo an "official" coach?  He would be better than most!!!

Probably not. He seems like he has the perfect personality for a coach, though.

I bet he's considering it, so he's shadowing the coaches at camp. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

So, new for the 2021 team.....

- New and improved Josh Allen, takes that experience and becomes that much better hitting year four.

- More depth at WR.

- An ironed-out run game where Daboll puts in some time.

- An improved O-line moreso in the run game.

- A faster, better, hungrier, deeper DL.

- a deeper roster everywhere.....

Anything else?

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, billybrew1 said:

So, new for the 2021 team.....

- New and improved Josh Allen, takes that experience and becomes that much better hitting year four.

- More depth at WR.

- An ironed-out run game where Daboll puts in some time.

- An improved O-line moreso in the run game.

- A faster, better, hungrier, deeper DL.

- a deeper roster everywhere.....

Anything else?

Go Bills!

New?

3 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

I could be wrong, but watching this video from both angles I'm pretty sure this was pass interference - looks like Milano was between Knox and the ball and had him wrapped up before the ball got there.

Anyone else?

Once the ball was deflected up into the air, good play by Hyde to put it away and run it back.

• Agree 5

Parrino story on today's practice:

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2021/08/micah-hyde-picks-off-josh-allen-bills-defense-sets-tone-in-1st-camp-padded-practice.html

It seems as though I've seen this movie before.  Wasn't "almost getting the the QB" Addison's theme song last season?

The offense did make some plays and the offensive line made things tougher for the d-line to pressure Allen as much as it has in recent practices without the pads. Addison’s biggest moment came on a play near the end of 11-on-11 work and Allen actually had a completion to Stefon Diggs on the play. But Addison took rookie Spencer Brown to school, blowing by the youngster with a speed rip move and almost getting to Allen before he released the ball.

I seem to be the only one who thinks maybe this was PI

The highlight play of practice came on the second play of 11-on-11 when Allen targeted Dawson Knox but the throw was off the mark. Linebacker Matt Milano came flying to the ball and knocked it up in the air and safety Micah Hyde intercepted the ball. The pressure was in Allen’s face immediately as defensive tackle Ed Oliver blew past guard Ryan Bates. Allen tried to make a play but it was a forced throw and the defense made him pay.

Diggs is ultimate slump buster

Allen wasn’t able to keep his hot streak going from practice yesterday but he had a few nice sequences of plays. The common denominator of both is getting the ball to Stefon Diggs. Allen completed consecutive passes on three occasions during practice and all three included at least one throw and reception to Diggs.

It didn’t matter who covered the NFL’s top receiver from last season - Dane Jackson, Tre’Davious White, or Levi Wallace - Diggs found a way to make a play for his quarterback. He did have one drop early on but was the most consistent receiver in practice.......

Dane Jackson committed obvious pass interference against Diggs, who still managed a reception on the route.

34 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I could be wrong, but watching this video from both angles I'm pretty sure this was pass interference - looks like Milano was between Knox and the ball and had him wrapped up before the ball got there.

Anyone else?

Once the ball was deflected up into the air, good play by Hyde to put it away and run it back.

Sal made a point on WGR segment with Bulldog this afternoon, that the D looked awfully quick to be handsy and physical with the WR’s, and that likely when the Bills bring in refs later this month there will be a lot of holding calls if that keeps up.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

Obada!!!!!!!! 
Cant teach heart and determination. I’m not sure if I’ve ever rooted for a player to make the team more than him

I really hope he can turn into our breakout DE for years to come...him with AJ, GR, and BB would be an excellent future rotation...

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Sal made a point on WGR segment with Bulldog this afternoon, that the D looked awfully quick to be handsy and physical with the WR’s, and that likely when the Bills bring in refs later this month there will be a lot of holding calls if that keeps up.

Handsy?  Isn't that the way the chefs covered us and Tampa covered the chefs?  The Bills need to be ready to play the game the way it is called. We can't let cheatin' lowdown dirty refs dictate who wins! So we have to ready for hand to hand fighting and for our corners to play heavy as well. (But they'll probably call just us with PI).

12 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I really he can turn into our breakout DE for years to come...him with AJ, GR, and BB would be an excellent future rotation...

Man, I really hope you're right! That'd be so awesome if they work out and become dominant. Then we an draft a DT this spring and be good to go along the all-important DL.... That guarantees us a SB in my book.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Parrino story on today's practice:

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2021/08/micah-hyde-picks-off-josh-allen-bills-defense-sets-tone-in-1st-camp-padded-practice.html

It seems as though I've seen this movie before.  Wasn't "almost getting the the QB" Addison's theme song last season?

I seem to be the only one who thinks maybe this was PI

I sure hope the DL continues to look good once Dion is back.....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I really he can turn into our breakout DE for years to come...him with AJ, GR, and BB would be an excellent future rotation...

I think he’s our best chance at instant impact game one this year. He’s ready. He is already used to kicking inside (I think most of his sacks were at DT last year in carolina) His learning curve should be minuscule. 
I will be devastated if he doesn’t make the team. It’s still sooooooo early but I’m glad he’s giving them no choice but to keep him so far. 

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Anyone else?

No pass interference.

DB did not hit the receiver early before the ball got there but at the same time.

Great play !

• Disagree 2

5 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

No pass interference.

DB did not hit the receiver early before the ball got there but at the same time.

Great play !

The ball was short and I thought he prevented the receiver from making a play on the ball, without going after it himself

John Brown drew a penalty for that in the 2019 Steelers game, but he caught the ball so the penalty was declined

But I could be wrong and I’d like more of the play than the video clip and the ability to slo-mo it to be sure.

I will say that Knox needs to be more definitive in trying to adjust and “sell” it to ever get the flag there

• Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

This offense with steady production from the backs is going to be a nightmare for any defense to stop. 
This DLine man if it lives up to its massive potential might be even better then the one Beane had in his Carolina days 

If we in fact do get these two upgrades becoming real, I say, bring on the chefs!

• Like (+1) 2