Training Camp practice 8/3: Pads come on

12 minutes ago, Process said:

We should have a nice pass rush. Run D is definitely still a concern. 

I agree.

If you look at a number of games last year, before the Bills piled up points, whether by great offense or turnovers, their defense was gouged by big running plays.

Watch the last New England game in the first half.

I'm concerned about two things from the late season games, even though we won most.

Run defense and Levi Wallace.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, sherpa said:

I agree.

If you look at a number of games last year, before the Bills piled up points, whether by great offense or turnovers, their defense was gouged by big running plays.

Watch the last New England game in the first half.

I'm concerned about two things from the late season games, even though we won most.

Run defense and Levi Wallace.

It's a fair point that if we don't have effective run blocking and run game, our defense can't exactly practice against it.

Instead of "steel sharpens steel" more like "steel carves up aluminum"

8 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I feel like Hollister is heading to be an injury settlement cut in camp. 

In camp?  Why? 

Right now we still even have 2 open roster spots.

Now if he misses all of camp, it's quite possible.

17 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Obada!!!!!!!! 
Cant teach heart and determination. I’m not sure if I’ve ever rooted for a player to make the team more than him

I'm right there with you. I'm definitely of that homer ilk that really wants to root for players that have compelling stories off the field, as well as on. Obada has an amazing story, and by all accounts, an incredible work ethic, and high character. And, an incredible athlete. Exactly the kind of guy you want to see succeed. 

He's not an anomaly on this team, though. The fact that Beane, and McDermott place such a high priority on character is integral to the winning culture they have built. What a great team to be a fan of. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 2

33 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

In camp?  Why? 

Right now we still even have 2 open roster spots.

Now if he misses all of camp, it's quite possible.

yeah, if he misses a lot more time. But don’t love the sound of a “back injury” for a TE that is already new to the team. 

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Am I missing something?  Was Addison (like Hughes) on PUP or otherwise unavailable the first 5 days of camp?

I take McDermott's quote on Addison being back figuratively.  He had a down year last season for whatever reason.  He's saying Addison looks more like the player they hoped they were getting when they acquired him.

• Like (+1) 1