Training Camp practice 8/3: Pads come on

8 minutes ago, Rhode Island Red said:

So… Sir Clapalot could conceivably endorse ditching one or both of these “bubble” guys under some scenarios, but this quote sure makes it seem unlikely…

I see Zim and Kumerow making the 53 man squad.  Just my $0.02

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Sounds as though it can only help the offense in the long run to have to learn how to deal with that.

It's actually a point of aggravation that I have with Knox is that for passes that are right on target, he seems weirdly passive for a big, athletic guy.  He doesn't seem to know how to physically screen the defender out  or fight for position.

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, nucci said:

does that work?

41 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't think anyone has ever done the experiment since many of the coaches and players are devout.

I’ll take a stab! Injuries in football are real. EVERYONE who plays has injuries to some extent.

Believing sky fairies will protect you if you beg them?  not so much, no.. 🤷‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I am so close to letting myself be truly excited for this D-line this year. A couple more good camp days or a good preseason showing and I'll be there. If Beane turns the D-line from a weakness to a strength in one offseason then he really is a wizard.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4

7 minutes ago, patzen said:

I am so close to letting myself be truly excited for this D-line this year. A couple more good camp days or a good preseason showing and I'll be there. If Beane turns the D-line from a weakness to a strength in one offseason then he really is a wizard.

We should have a nice pass rush. Run D is definitely still a concern. 

Also I wouldn't say it's a one year turnaround. They have been trying to get the d line right since they got here and it's probably been their biggest failure. Murphy, Star, Jefferson, Phillips, Butler, Addison. All guys they've brought in that haven't had much of an impact.

You add in Oliver, AJ, this year's rookies... It's actually amazing how much attention they've given the d line the past few years. Hopefully this is the year we see it pay off. 

Edited by Process
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 8

1 minute ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

I wonder what the concern level is with Hollister? Beane loves availability and so far as far as I know he be been out each day. Back Injury?

Yes, back injury.  There's obviously some concern because the Bills signed Bug Howard.

10 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Thad Brown attributes this to an underthrow:

I still tend to believe that a better receiver tracks and adjusts to "slight underthrows" so the defense doesn't have a play on it.

11 minutes ago, patzen said:

• Like (+1) 1