Bills on the precipice of greatness: Article by Warren Sharp

Big Turk

The comparison to Baltimore is an important one.

The Bills' schedule is tougher this year and teams will be adjusting to their offense.

It's no longer a question about how Daboll/Allen can improve, but rather how they can adjust and evolve from season to season. Matt Breida of under-the-radar importance.

• Disagree 2

7 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

The comparison to Baltimore is an important one.

The Bills' schedule is tougher this year and teams will be adjusting to their offense.

It's no longer a question about how Daboll/Allen can improve, but rather how they can adjust and evolve from season to season. Matt Breida of under-the-radar importance.

We don't know if the schedule will be tougher this year.  Last year everyone said we had a killer schedule and it turned out to be meh. 

6 minutes ago, mannc said:

We don't know if the schedule will be tougher this year.  Last year everyone said we had a killer schedule and it turned out to be meh. 

Yep.

Last year's SoS was like, 3rd in the league, I think.  You never know how hard or easy a schedule is going to be.

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

Not saying you're wrong about us knowing. We certainly don't know until the games start getting played.

But I recall last year the schedule was projected to be easy, not hard. The pre-season narrative was that the Bills playoff chances were good because of the schedule. The NFCW was the only real concern besides KC.

• Disagree 3

8 minutes ago, mannc said:

What will be interesting is to see how they handle being in the spotlight. No flying under the radar this year. They will get every teams best shot especially from the division. 

3 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Not saying you're wrong about us knowing. We certainly don't know until the games start getting played.

But I recall last year the schedule was projected to be easy, not hard. The pre-season narrative was that the Bills playoff chances were good because of the schedule. The NFCW was the only real concern besides KC.

this is simply not true - the Bills were tied with a few other teams going into last season with the 5th toughest schedule (based on how it’s usually calculated - collective win% of opponents.)

But the larger point is SoS does not carry over year to year. It has zero predictive value Y2Y.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4

6 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

We had one of the toughest strength of schedules last year.  The NFC West was a major reason behind it.

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2020/01/08/buffalo-bills-2020-nfl-strength-of-schedule/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Rico said:

I haven’t felt this good about the team since  before the 1991 season. This is the year.:thumbsup:

Agreed. Edmunds needs to play better and the young DL needs to produce.  Hopefully they find a little bit of a run game to go with the passing attack. 

Everything is set up for a SB win.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

43 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

The politicians in Austin were among the most surprised to hear of it

Yup. Strange not the 1st one of them have heard not even the slightest whisper about any of that lol. It's like whoever started that non sense didn't know those in Austin would get questioned about it lol.

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins

41 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Uses a lot of advanced stats and custom stats to say the same thing and much of what we already know...

This team is going places...

https://sports.yahoo.com/buffalo-precipice-greatness-190657443.html

Being a Bills fan who frequently has been bitten by high hopes, it’s hard not to be very excited for this upcoming season. Josh Allen’s health and play are the keys to success (nothing new about that thought). this will be especially true in the postseason games. JA and the offense seemed to be a bit “off” in those games. 

To me, a close second point of improvement to will the Lombardi  is the defense playing better.  Especially d-line play. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

We had one of the toughest strength of schedules last year.  The NFC West was a major reason behind it.

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2020/01/08/buffalo-bills-2020-nfl-strength-of-schedule/

i thought we had one of the tougher schedules going into last year too.  isn't this year supposed to be "easy" in comparison?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

But I recall last year the schedule was projected to be easy, not hard

No way.... Bills had one of the toughest schedules last season. You may be thinking about the year before when they played Houston in playoffs

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins
  • Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

this is so far from true its not even funny... Yes you never know till you play the team but last year we were tied for like top 5 hardest schedule.

1 minute ago, boater said:

Greatness is is. The only thing that keeps me up at night--was Josh Allen's success due to the lack of crowd noise? I hope not.

I see some still mention this at times. I just don't think nothing of it. I can't see where it would make much of a difference myself....