Madden 22 Team Ratings: Bills 6th at 86

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Ratings should be based on the quality of the roster, not their finish the previous season in terms of record.  Teams both under and over achieve every year, so record cant be the end-all, be-all way of determining ratings.

That being said, Bills defense was mediocre at best last year, its not surprising to see our rating at an 86 with a potent offense and mediocre defense last year.  I dont think this is crazy to have us at an 86 and 6th overall.  Now, I do fully believe our defense will be much improved this year, but that isnt going to really impact Maddens ratings before the season begins.  We didnt add any big established talent to it, we added some role players, good ones, but not super star like guys and we added some rookies.  And those type of players are not going to make a big swing in the ratings overall for our defense in Madden.

Now, the real travesty was rating the runner up MVP last year an 88, same rating he had the year before.  That was ridiculous.  Josh Allen should have been at least a 92 a 94 for his elite play making ability, much improved accuracy, dangerous running ability, and the strongest arm in the game.  He sure as heck should have been higher than Lamar and more on par with Wilson.  Heck, Watson should also have been higher than Lamar.  

Not to mention, how is Rodgers not a 99 coming off one of the best seasons all time as a QB and an MVP?  

But...at the end of the day...who really cares about these ratings anyway, means nothing.  And honestly, I really do LOVE the fact they "disrespected" Allen, because hes been using that as motivation and that is fine by me!

Alpha in midseason form.  

Nicely done, Sir.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Oh, you think Madden is silly as you prep for jumping through a picnic table after spraying ketchup on yourself?   Please, I'm sorry then as I don't want to insult your sensibilities...Still posting it, though, so maybe you can hold your nose if you feel like going through this, if for no other reason then to just say you read the ratings before posting your disdain and/or total lack of interest for a game you came in to post about.

https://realsport101.com/madden/madden-22-best-teams-ratings-highest-rated-team-buccaneers-chiefs-packers-ravens

Top 10:

Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 92 OVR

Kansas City Chiefs, 90 OVR

Green Bay Packers, 89 OVR

Baltimore Ravens, 88 OVR

Cleveland Browns, 87 OVR

Buffalo Bills, 86 OVR

Dallas Cowboys, 86 OVR

Arizona Cardinals, 85 OVR

Tennessee Titans, 85 OVR

Los Angeles Chargers, 84 OVR

I am the guy who stated that I thought Cleveland was a better team than ours, overall,...that said this still sucks., especially given their schedule last year.  It is one thing for me to say it on a Board and another for someone to say, "What the heck, sounds good, book it!" in the primary simulation of the League that millions will play.

...Jerks.

Worse...Dallas...Dallas? Really?!  We are hanging out in the same vicinity as the Cowboys?

They were really only bad after Dak got hurt?!  🙄

I am an extremely passive individual who loves animals and tasty meals that usually involve a sauce of some sort.

However, I am willing to pull up these sleeveless sleeves and fight any game developer over at EA Tiburon to defend the honor of my...for now...local football team.  

I would ask for 2nds and 3rds (not food, but back-ups) from this Board on this endeavor, but let's be honest I am not that popular around here and the lack of support would be...awkward.

GO BILLS!

I noticed even scorewise with the Dallas Cowboys who can’t get out of their own way and are so poorly coached that I wonder how Mike McCarthy still has a job  

• Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Never NEVER Give-up said:

Browns are rated higher based on how they played the Chiefs last year - and that is valid.

I don't see why that would be the only reason. I mean PM was out so it was to be expected their D would pick up. However imo Browns are ranked too high anyways. I think Bills should be either tied at 3rd with Packers or no worse than 4th a point behind Packers. Browns I think should be behind Ravens(which is 5th behind Bills) at least.

Could argue Tenn. should be ahead of Browns also. I would have Browns in top 10 though, just not as high as that list.

4 hours ago, 34-78-83 said:

Josh Allen 88 overall. That seems nice until you see there are like 6 QB's ahead of him, including Lamar at 91.

They're getting better taking the Bills seriously but have a little way to go.

The Bills have a bunch of guys who are good but get little recognition, also. Jerry Hughes is still very good, Matt Milano never seems to get the accolades he deserves, and of course Poyer and Hyde are criminally underrated year after year.

Also, AZ is going to finish last in their division. How does Madden have them as the best? Clearly LAR are at the top.

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

But...at the end of the day...who really cares about these ratings anyway, means nothing.  

It does mean something though as using the Bills is directly correlated in the game to how good the rankings are.  This isn't a power poll or pff rankings.  These ratings directly tie into your experience while using the product and the enjoyment you get out of it.

It means nothing in the grand scheme of life but it does mean something when I fire up my play station and want to beat up on people online. 

Actually, who am I kidding, I don't have the time for madden console anymore it's madden mobile for me at this point lol.

Edited by section122
pole to poll
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, section122 said:

It does mean something though as using the Bills is directly correlated in the game to how good the rankings are.  This isn't a power poll or pff rankings.  These ratings directly tie into your experience while using the product and the enjoyment you get out of it.

It means nothing in the grand scheme of life but it does mean something when I fire up my play station and want to beat up on people online. 

Actually, who am I kidding, I don't have the time for madden console anymore it's madden mobile for me at this point lol.

I used to use the bills online back in the day when they were a 73 overall.. with the likes of EJ manual

And I still kick the s*** out of everybody

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

I used to use the bills online back in the day when they were a 73 overall.. with the likes of EJ manual

And I still kick the s*** out of everybody

For sure. I made a lot of money playing madden on ps2.  Pre-internet but I had a bit of a white men can't jump "scam" running for a couple of years.  Lot of beer money was made that way lol.

That said it is much more enjoyable playing with a good team.  Remember the days of Vick being a cheat code?  It's why Lamar is a 91.  I'm sure his running stats bring his overall up a ton and why I'm not upset he is ranked higher than Allen.  Allen has been getting robbed on his speed and running stats though!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, section122 said:

For sure. I made a lot of money playing madden on ps2.  Pre-internet but I had a bit of a white men can't jump "scam" running for a couple of years.  Lot of beer money was made that way lol.

That said it is much more enjoyable playing with a good team.  Remember the days of Vick being a cheat code?  It's why Lamar is a 91.  I'm sure his running stats bring his overall up a ton and why I'm not upset he is ranked higher than Allen.  Allen has been getting robbed on his speed and running stats though!

For sure and I love the challenge of using a bad team and winning 

I remember hustling kids in Madden back in the day. Josh Allen with his 88 might as well be 99 with his physical attributes 

Get him in rhythm and he's not going to be missing any throws and he's probably got 85 speed to boot 

His 99 Arm strength is the Deadliest thing in Madden besides 99 speed

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2021 at 3:41 PM, Never NEVER Give-up said:

Browns are rated higher based on how they played the Chiefs last year - and that is valid.

Totally disagree.  Every game in the NFL is different.  The Browns also got blown out by both the Browns and Ravens last year, and the Bills beat both those teams.  If Madden is going to base team ratings on how each team stacks up against the Chiefs in one off games, should Carolina be rated higher than both Buffalo and Cleveland?  They only lost to the Chiefs by 2 last year.

• Agree 1

Another EA failure.  I played my 10 free hours on Ea Play (which comes free with game pass) and came to the conclusion that they need to come play rebuild their engine from the ground up. It’s the same game.  Same feel.  Same gameplay.  Just add in a few stupid tweeks and gadgets.

shane on you for ruining video game football EA.

On 8/2/2021 at 8:35 AM, dollars 2 donuts said:

Oh, you think Madden is silly as you prep for jumping through a picnic table after spraying ketchup on yourself?   Please, I'm sorry then as I don't want to insult your sensibilities...Still posting it, though, so maybe you can hold your nose if you feel like going through this, if for no other reason then to just say you read the ratings before posting your disdain and/or total lack of interest for a game you came in to post about.

https://realsport101.com/madden/madden-22-best-teams-ratings-highest-rated-team-buccaneers-chiefs-packers-ravens

Top 10:

Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 92 OVR

Kansas City Chiefs, 90 OVR

Green Bay Packers, 89 OVR

Baltimore Ravens, 88 OVR

Cleveland Browns, 87 OVR

Buffalo Bills, 86 OVR

Dallas Cowboys, 86 OVR

Arizona Cardinals, 85 OVR

Tennessee Titans, 85 OVR

Los Angeles Chargers, 84 OVR

I am the guy who stated that I thought Cleveland was a better team than ours, overall,...that said this still sucks., especially given their schedule last year.  It is one thing for me to say it on a Board and another for someone to say, "What the heck, sounds good, book it!" in the primary simulation of the League that millions will play.

...Jerks.

Worse...Dallas...Dallas? Really?!  We are hanging out in the same vicinity as the Cowboys?

They were really only bad after Dak got hurt?!  🙄

I am an extremely passive individual who loves animals and tasty meals that usually involve a sauce of some sort.

However, I am willing to pull up these sleeveless sleeves and fight any game developer over at EA Tiburon to defend the honor of my...for now...local football team.  

I would ask for 2nds and 3rds (not food, but back-ups) from this Board on this endeavor, but let's be honest I am not that popular around here and the lack of support would be...awkward.

GO BILLS!

Cowboys were a failed miracle comeback against the Falcons away from being like 0-4 to start the season with Dak last year.  We were a 13-3 team last year with the best offense in the NFL and a runner up MVP that went to the AFCC game.  

Yet Madden thinks they are on our level?  Come on now.  I am not saying Cowboys won't be better this year, but come on...they have had mostly the same roster for a few years and struggle to win in a bad division, including missing the playoffs the year before with a healthy roster.  They should be in low 80's IMO and we should be above Cleveland and Baltimore.  

Part of the problem is blatant disrespect of Allens rating...he was 88 last year...puts up a MVP caliber season...enters this year STILL 88????  And Lamar is rated higher?  Come on. 

NOTE:  In Madden, where a fast QB is almost like having god mode, sure I get that Lamar may be the better VIDEO GAME player to use.  But there is no way in hell that real life ability that Lamar should be rated higher than Allen.  I would have Allen after last year at 94, and Lamar at like an 88.  

NOTE 2:  Allen wasn't the only one who got disrespected at QB...how on earth is Rodgers not a 99???  Like what else does he need to be better at to get to a 99?  I mean that was absurd.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Totally disagree.  Every game in the NFL is different.  The Browns also got blown out by both the Browns and Ravens last year, and the Bills beat both those teams.  If Madden is going to base team ratings on how each team stacks up against the Chiefs in one off games, should Carolina be rated higher than both Buffalo and Cleveland?  They only lost to the Chiefs by 2 last year.

Exactly. It is a matchup league. Giving credit because one team matches up better vs the Chiefs ignores that there are 30 other potential opponents. 

That said I do think the Browns scoring high is justifiable. They were good last year and on paper at least attacked their weaknesses as well as anyone in the spring. They are a legit contender in 2021.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Cowboys were a failed miracle comeback against the Falcons away from being like 0-4 to start the season with Dak last year.  We were a 13-3 team last year with the best offense in the NFL and a runner up MVP that went to the AFCC game.  

Yet Madden thinks they are on our level?  Come on now.  I am not saying Cowboys won't be better this year, but come on...they have had mostly the same roster for a few years and struggle to win in a bad division, including missing the playoffs the year before with a healthy roster.  They should be in low 80's IMO and we should be above Cleveland and Baltimore.  

Part of the problem is blatant disrespect of Allens rating...he was 88 last year...puts up a MVP caliber season...enters this year STILL 88????  And Lamar is rated higher?  Come on. 

NOTE:  In Madden, where a fast QB is almost like having god mode, sure I get that Lamar may be the better VIDEO GAME player to use.  But there is no way in hell that real life ability that Lamar should be rated higher than Allen.  I would have Allen after last year at 94, and Lamar at like an 88.  

NOTE 2:  Allen wasn't the only one who got disrespected at QB...how on earth is Rodgers not a 99???  Like what else does he need to be better at to get to a 99?  I mean that was absurd.  

Alpha, the Cowboys may win in what is still a terrible division.   However, that is the thing...it is a terrible division.  The Cowboys "may" win the division, and it will likely be at 10-7.  If the Bills "stumble" this year they will be going 12-5, or dare I say 11-6 at the worst.  I'm not predicting that, I am just illustrating the differences between the two teams.  I am actually hoping for 13-4 or better.

Thank you, as well, for pointing that out about Allen, which I wanted to cover, but didn't want to further dilute an already long original post.

Those who follow the game know that if you are trending up all season you sometimes (or even likely) get an offseason bump in your ranking on Madden.  On a team that shows many signs of being even better this year Allen was not the beneficiary of any of that from EA Tiburon.

• Agree 1