Why not keep Kumerow

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He looked more like WR4 or WR5 than a guy fighting for the last spot. 

There are A LOT of practices and preseason ahead but Hodgins and Stevenson look like they have a lot of catching up to do for either to edge out Kumerow.

Yep. I think he’s a Lock.

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

I think he’s going to stick. 

I really think it is time Bills fans and McBeane start to consider carrying seven WRs. Don't ask me how. Especially with our weird and over-stacked DL it would be very hard. But I love that Kumerow is big and plays special teams. I bet he knows the O well as well. I have McKenzie as a lock and either the kick or punt returner (But not probably both....I think he would get injured doing that too much. Better to split the job between two WRs. Which brings me to Stevenson. He could be a good returner while he learns WR. I also love Hodgins as a WR. Because he is not only big, but long and athletic. A leaper. We need to start developing our own weapons and Kumerow, Stevenson And Hodgins are a good place to look. We also need to be deeper with weapons so we don't run out like we did last year. I think seven gives us the weapons we need. We are weak at TE, maybe carry just two? Have some on the PS to call up if needed. IDK?

I want 7 WRs and 11 DL. DL is such a mess. Do we keep Johnson who excels on STs? Obada seems too good to wave. Addison will cost us millions to wave. It's nuts.

Bottom line: The Bills need to be WAY better to beat the chefs in week five (and then again in Buffalo in January).

To do that we need more very good weapons on offense.

And much better defense all the way around.

(our STs faired rather well last winter, knock on wood.)

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Why not? Because you generally only keep 5-6 WR's at a time. I've seen us carry 7 once or twice, but it's not very common. Plus, this season everyone wants us to keep a 6th Defensive End and a 6th Cornerback as well. And you can't keep an extra guy at all these positions without severely hindering the 53 at depth in a number of places to make it happen. 

So long story short, which two players do you cut at WR when your roster looks like this?

Stefon Diggs

Cole Beasley

Emmanuel Sanders

Gabe Davis

Isaiah McKenzie

Marquez Stevenson (2021 Draft Pick)

Isaiah Hodgins (2020 Draft Pick)

Jake Kumerow

I'm a Kumerow fan. But we're so deep, it's really uphill sledding for him.

Right now, it doesn't seem complicated to me. Hodgins and Stevenson go to the practice squad. 

Edited by jeremy2020
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Why not? Because you generally only keep 5-6 WR's at a time. I've seen us carry 7 once or twice, but it's not very common. Plus, this season everyone wants us to keep a 6th Defensive End and a 6th Cornerback as well. And you can't keep an extra guy at all these positions without severely hindering the 53 at depth in a number of places to make it happen. 

So long story short, which two players do you cut at WR when your roster looks like this?

Stefon Diggs

Cole Beasley

Emmanuel Sanders

Gabe Davis

Isaiah McKenzie

Jake Kumerow

I bet if stevenson ***** good he gets the redshirt IR spot for the year.

2 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Stefon Diggs

Cole Beasley

Emmanuel Sanders

Gabe Davis

Isaiah McKenzie

Jake Kumerow

I bet if stevenson ***** good he gets the redshirt IR spot for the year.

Anyone think they gave him all the reps today because of the national media attention?  Were they shopping him today?  First this week Rodgers comes out and specially calls him out, again. Then he is a featured receiver on national media day. Me thinks he is gone. 

1 hour ago, billybrew1 said:

I really think it is time Bills fans and McBeane start to consider carrying seven WRs. Don't ask me how. Especially with our weird and over-stacked DL it would be very hard. But I love that Kumerow is big and plays special teams. I bet he knows the O well as well. I have McKenzie as a lock and either the kick or punt returner (But not probably both....I think he would get injured doing that too much. Better to split the job between two WRs. Which brings me to Stevenson. He could be a good returner while he learns WR. I also love Hodgins as a WR. Because he is not only big, but long and athletic. A leaper. We need to start developing our own weapons and Kumerow, Stevenson And Hodgins are a good place to look. We also need to be deeper with weapons so we don't run out like we did last year. I think seven gives us the weapons we need. We are weak at TE, maybe carry just two? Have some on the PS to call up if needed. IDK?

I want 7 WRs and 11 DL. DL is such a mess. Do we keep Johnson who excels on STs? Obada seems too good to wave. Addison will cost us millions to wave. It's nuts.

Bottom line: The Bills need to be WAY better to beat the chefs in week five (and then again in Buffalo in January).

To do that we need more very good weapons on offense.

And much better defense all the way around.

(our STs faired rather well last winter, knock on wood.)

The thing is, the 7th WR will likely not even be on the game day 53. That's why you don't carry 7.  You hate to cut talent, but there's a reason teams don't carry 7 , because they never get on the field.

If he's top 6, cool, but 7th won't cut it.

2 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

Are people sleeping on Kumerow? Seems like he's getting a lot of press, and buzz. 

Be that as it may, I certainly wouldn't agree with keeping him over Diggs, Sanders, Beasley, Davis, or McKensie-- at least at the moment. That leaves him battling for likely one remaining spot. If we don't keep him, it's because he will have been beat out by one of the other WRs. Seems like at the moment, he's right in there for competition at that spot. But, it's way too early to say with any confidence who should get it.

yup. It’s not a knock on him to say he’s on the bubble behind very good players

2 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Touch down Jesus would be a good keep, it’s good to have the Holy of holy catching passes…

If AR wants him as a pass catching option… think about that…, 

The way we use receivers in this offense…, they take a lot of wear and tear, we need good backups, look at the condition of our one thru four by the time we were in the playoffs… 

As well, and look at the highlight of the over the middle TD reception from Josh last season, I mean really, what the hell other kind of recommendation does a guy need to get the job???? 😁👍

Go Bills!!!

Aaron Rodgers also wanted Randall Cobb, he of 383 yards and 2 TDS his final season in Green Bay. Seems more like he’s power tripping than actually grasping at true talent. 

• Agree 1

I think the early buzz was about Hodgins, so Kumerow was overlooked or forgotten to some extent, despite the fact that Hodgins hasn't played an NFL game. One of the two will make the 53, and Kumerow is the odds on favorite because of his experience and ST ability.  I don't think it will be all that difficult to get Hodgins on the PS since he's a 7th round draft pick that hasn't played an NFL game, and he needs that experience.

I think the WRs will be Diggs, Sanders, Beasley, Davis, McKenzie, and Kumerow, with Hodgins and Stevenson on the PS.

• Agree 2

We do seem to have more quality receivers than we will start the season with.  This is a good thing for us, not so much for the guys who don't make it, although getting film catching Josh passes can't hurt getting onto another team.

We probably have five receivers who are better than any of the receivers we had some years during the drought.

This will get sorted.  Someone will get hurt during preseason.  Some other team will discover their receivers aren't good enough, and will come looking for a trade.  The high numbers of receivers and O linemen who can actually play is making competition tough and the team tougher, and they're like cash Beane can convert into draft picks.

Edited by Utah John

1 hour ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Aaron Rodgers also wanted Randall Cobb, he of 383 yards and 2 TDS his final season in Green Bay. Seems more like he’s power tripping than actually grasping at true talent. 

Oh sure, bring that up…, 

😁

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Cutting two draft picks to keep Kumerow? I don't see it.

Hodgins may have been drafted but he hasn’t had a good camp so far and he doesn’t play ST. He has PS written all over him IMO. To be fair it’s early in camp, only been 4 practices. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2