NFL fans in 2021

5 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

WE had to shut the interior lights, off, and pull the shades. I remember this well. By the late '60's, it had turned into 'put your head between your legs, and kiss your ass goodbye!

And the nuns in parochial school made us be completely silent during nuclear bomb drills, as if the bombs could seek out gabby little parochial schools all dressed the same.  I got into big trouble in 2nd grade for telling a nun "you know a nuclear bomb can't hear us talking, don't you?"

Funny memories, but by the way, what does any of this have to do with this thread?  I thought this was about whether fans will be allowed in stadiums.

I'd be surprised if it remains that way through the entire season. We can all speculate, but private companies are already beginning to start back up with masking, testing, vaccination requirements, etc.

All it'll take is an outbreak among players that results in a game cancellation (or several), and I'd expect they'll implement some restrictions again.

I think the OP is getting a little too much flack on a what seems to at least be potential situation. Just because other leagues have had fans doesn't mean it will be the same in College and Pro Football all season. Vaccination immunity is likely going to reduce in conjunction with Delta growing. The state of NY is going to act more defensively than other states. If Cuomo puts similar language in effect on gatherings as he did last year would it be that big of a shock? It doesn't matter what any of us think of Covid, it matters what the Federal government and State of New York think of it. In that context it's plausible.      

13 hours ago, CuseBill said:

And the nuns in parochial school made us be completely silent during nuclear bomb drills, as if the bombs could seek out gabby little parochial schools all dressed the same.  I got into big trouble in 2nd grade for telling a nun "you know a nuclear bomb can't hear us talking, don't you?"

Funny memories, but by the way, what does any of this have to do with this thread?  I thought this was about whether fans will be allowed in stadiums.

Catholic school was a special kind of hell for me.

12 hours ago, KzooMike said:

I think the OP is getting a little too much flack on a what seems to at least be potential situation. Just because other leagues have had fans doesn't mean it will be the same in College and Pro Football all season. Vaccination immunity is likely going to reduce in conjunction with Delta growing. The state of NY is going to act more defensively than other states. If Cuomo puts similar language in effect on gatherings as he did last year would it be that big of a shock? It doesn't matter what any of us think of Covid, it matters what the Federal government and State of New York think of it. In that context it's plausible.      

The problem is that the OP is asking a question none of us can actually answer, unless Cuomo is on the board under some pseudonym (My guess would be Weo). IWe can throw out meaningless opinions, but a lot depends on factors we cannot even come close to predicting.

• Haha (+1) 2