Training Camp practice 7/31 - open to fans at Highmark Stadium

4 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

I’m sure the Bills inquired about both.  Bills: We are interested in moving up. What do you want for 1 or 4?

Browns: 1 isn’t for sale.  We want (a lot) for 4. 

Bills:  Okay. Let’s talk about 4……….

Exactly

19 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Who actually has the energy to hate a 5th round pick. Bit dramatic I think. 

I don't even think it's a matter of energy, it's a matter of understanding data and track record...let's pick a team which I believe most people would acknowledge to have a long track record of drafting well.  I'm gonna take the Baltimore Ravens. 

Picks since 2016 include Matt Judon (Whoooop whooop!), Jermaine Eluemunor (still in league with Dolphins after stint with NE),  Jordan Lasley (never played a down), Daylon Mack (has bounced around 5-6 team practice squads), and Broderick Washington Jr.

The latter showed some promise and was seeing playing time last year, but made the news this spring for the wrong reasons:

https://www.arlnow.com/2021/03/17/new-baltimore-ravens-player-arrested-in-arlington/

So basically you have a star, a dud, two fringe players who have seen playing time (one may be a head-case), and a perennial PS candidate.  That's quintessential Round 5 stuff, right there: about 20% odds of getting a good to great player, maybe 50-50 odds overall of getting a guy who might develop into a guy who can play in the NFL, if he can dedicate himself to improving and keep his head in the right place.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Whippersnapper

image.thumb.png.c499a900eead1098c54e329288c0dbd2.png

Throwing your cell phone into the lake just does NOT yield the same satisfaction! 

I’ll never make that mistake again! 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Look at his road and home splits and tell me it's not a problem. My god. I would love nothing more than for this issue to be put to bed. I just don't understand why you are laughing about it. I guess sports psychology is a hoax to you?

Personally, I think this is a non-issue from a fan perspective.   As someone said, when you have a guy who appears to be the best or the second best QB in the league, fretting over his weaknesses seems kind of silly. 

Yes, maybe Allen has said it's something he wants to work on.   So what?  A guy with a continuous improvement mentality ALWAYS has something he's focused on improving.   Tom Brady has something he's focused on this summer, too, but nobody's worrying about whether he's actually going to improve in whatever area that is. 

Allen took, and I do mean took, his team to the AFC championship game, where he had a relatively weak performance, ON THE ROAD, not at home.  

This is like the discussions people used to have about Tyrod Taylor needing to improve at throwing the ball over the middle, because statistically he was in the bottom quarter of the league in completions in that area of the field.  Sure, it would have been nice if he completed more balls there, but to get to above average, all he needed was something like 10 more completions over the middle in the season.  Just like this home-and-away record thing, these are tiny statistical issues that are not major flaws.   

I'm sure that if you took the time to study the stats in detail, you could find some area of the passing game where Mahomes is in the bottom quarter of the league.   I'd laugh pretty hard if I heard a Chiefs fan moaning about how Mahomes has to pick it up in that area.  

Allen is coming into only his fourth season playing the most difficult position in all of professional sports.  He's developed magnificently, and he has more development ahead of him, just like Mayfield and every QB who ever developed into elite status in the league.  In three years, he will be better at a lot things than he was last season.  

I'm just sitting back and enjoying it.  I loved having Jim Kelly as the QB of my team.  Loved it.  But Allen is a whole level above Jim.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

No energy required...it was just a pick you always knew had absolutely zero chance of ever making the team...basically a throw away, just to say you took a developmental QB prospect...

So you should be thrilled as he already exceeded expectations by making the team on the 53 last year.

So his 0% chance of ever making the team - became 100% last year and he played a developmental role.  

Now we can see if he sticks around again or ends up on the PS or out of the league.  Why do teams ever draft developmental QBs - why did NE draft Brady in the 6th round.  

Usually to give you a guy to look at and help your team longer term and occasionally more, but most of the time they flame out.  It is not worth it to be upset and it is definitely worth it for teams to take flyers on these guys.

4 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Look at his road and home splits and tell me it's not a problem. My god. I would love nothing more than for this issue to be put to bed. I just don't understand why you are laughing about it. I guess sports psychology is a hoax to you?

Giuseppe, ya worry to much, don’t ya think Josh and his coaches, mentors etc have addressed this? I mean really…. Chill, have a glass of Chianti Classico, some pecorino and a slice of bread, you’ll feel better 👍

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You have only 2 seasons worth of his home/away stats.  Nothing is significantly different.  He was a little better at home in 2018, a little better on the road in 2019.

There is absolutely no context in your thought.  The opponents don’t matter….its just home or away and they aren’t that different.

These are not facts 😂 

So I am going out on a limb here to quote something that Hapless always shows when he does his numbers comparisons.

A) your both right when looking at the stats

B) I was not at the one bills game because of bad beer year but the wind on 3 of the bills home games was horrible 😫 

C) let's just say Josh left the 2nd Miami game early because we were up huge. So the delta variable says not a full game stat, but if you are at home with 60mph winds and the ball goes sideways when you though it your stats will be skewed.

So in summary both froms of stats must also take into account all of the variables.

Hopefully Hapless I did I ok job explaining it.

Kmow back to work

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

Allen is simply out of a story book.  Not just a wave, but an enthusiastic wave that said, "Hi, kid!  Yeah, you!  HI!"   Great stuff.  

We should all be weirdly glad for that pro that snubbed Allen when he was a kid, gave him a great mindset on interacting with fans.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, CSBill said:

more like waterboarding moments

I was thinking the Ancient water torture
Where a cask of water sits above your head and slowly drips. one every minute or so.
while you are locked into a chair so it drips on the same spot upon your cranium. Since we lost the 4th SB attempt.
...drip................drip.................................drip.
Thank gosh for McBeanes and Josh Allen :)

45 minutes ago, scuba guy said:

Go on to ticket master or the other too and one of the pages don't know which one says at the bottom currently only 3900 tickets available for the home opener

Oh OK.  If you change the filter to be Verified from Bills only there are only 4 single seats left.  The rest must be resale.

1 hour ago, Rochesterfan said:

So you should be thrilled as he already exceeded expectations by making the team on the 53 last year.

So his 0% chance of ever making the team - became 100% last year and he played a developmental role.  

Now we can see if he sticks around again or ends up on the PS or out of the league.  Why do teams ever draft developmental QBs - why did NE draft Brady in the 6th round.  

Usually to give you a guy to look at and help your team longer term and occasionally more, but most of the time they flame out.  It is not worth it to be upset and it is definitely worth it for teams to take flyers on these guys.

I never said I was upset...just didnt like the prospect, and thought it was a wasted pick...

2 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

No energy required...it was just a pick you always knew had absolutely zero chance of ever making the team...basically a throw away, just to say you took a developmental QB prospect...

You said you “hated the pick”....maybe you’re different, but most people who hate something, are putting some energy into it.

2 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

Personally, I think this is a non-issue from a fan perspective.   As someone said, when you have a guy who appears to be the best or the second best QB in the league, fretting over his weaknesses seems kind of silly. 

Yes, maybe Allen has said it's something he wants to work on.   So what?  A guy with a continuous improvement mentality ALWAYS has something he's focused on improving.   Tom Brady has something he's focused on this summer, too, but nobody's worrying about whether he's actually going to improve in whatever area that is. 

Allen took, and I do mean took, his team to the AFC championship game, where he had a relatively weak performance, ON THE ROAD, not at home.  

This is like the discussions people used to have about Tyrod Taylor needing to improve at throwing the ball over the middle, because statistically he was in the bottom quarter of the league in completions in that area of the field.  Sure, it would have been nice if he completed more balls there, but to get to above average, all he needed was something like 10 more completions over the middle in the season.  Just like this home-and-away record thing, these are tiny statistical issues that are not major flaws.   

I'm sure that if you took the time to study the stats in detail, you could find some area of the passing game where Mahomes is in the bottom quarter of the league.   I'd laugh pretty hard if I heard a Chiefs fan moaning about how Mahomes has to pick it up in that area.  

Allen is coming into only his fourth season playing the most difficult position in all of professional sports.  He's developed magnificently, and he has more development ahead of him, just like Mayfield and every QB who ever developed into elite status in the league.  In three years, he will be better at a lot things than he was last season.  

I'm just sitting back and enjoying it.  I loved having Jim Kelly as the QB of my team.  Loved it.  But Allen is a whole level above Jim.  

great perspective & well-written....it seems there are always PPL on this board who worry about perceived flaws/faults

4 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Nope...no energy required here...

Last year they paid Fromm to stay away from the team.  This year they'll pay to make the team if he can.

I got no problem is they want to move on but I'd like to see him in the rest of camp and preseason before I make up my mind.